Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:08:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 77
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 127953 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #725 on: February 24, 2019, 01:30:00 PM »

"Just sent out an email for people to be respectful during the campaign"

"Oh yeah, well you got the endorsement from the NRA and have a Stein voter as a co-chair. Nothing has changed."

Sensing a huge disconnect.

Actions speak louder than words.

The actions in question have literally nothing to do with each other.

Yes they have. You can't talk about party unity and put a Stein voter, who constantly goes on TV to trash the party, as a co-chair of your campaign.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #726 on: February 24, 2019, 01:30:31 PM »

"Oh yeah, well you got the endorsement from the NRA and have a Stein voter as a co-chair. Nothing has changed."

Hey Obama boy....leave us Bernie bros alone
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #727 on: February 24, 2019, 01:36:41 PM »

False equivalency but ok.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #728 on: February 24, 2019, 01:39:04 PM »

Interesting how whenever Sanders addresses criticism that he faces (and I'm not saying that he shouldn't face scrutiny; he should), it's never "enough." In his first week, he's admitted some of the mistakes that he made during his campaign four years ago, and is already starting to take a different tone, but his detractors seem to think that we should forgive any mistakes that other candidates made in the past, but that anything Sanders did wrong is unforgivable.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #729 on: February 24, 2019, 01:42:03 PM »

Yawn...Every election is the same tired out talking points exchanged between competing factions and parties that have existed since the beginning of politics. Something something sexism something something racism something something other side this otherside that blah blah blah

LL is pretending to care about the actions of one side because he wants his side to win. Meanwhile his side was dishing out the same recycled garbage a decade ago
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #730 on: February 24, 2019, 01:42:03 PM »

Yes they have. You can't talk about party unity and put a Stein voter, who constantly goes on TV to trash the party, as a co-chair of your campaign.

Thats the connection? Thats what you are mad about? Geez, I completely forgot that voting for someone other than the Democrat completely excludes you from doing anything with the Democrats. Should we expel Rouda from the HoR for being a Republican in 2014?

Sanders sent an email out for his surrogates to be respectful to other contenders, which is a pretty FF move on his part. To then go around and say that Sanders is disingenuous because one of his co-chairs voted for the Greens in 2016 is both rather trivial and, well, disingenuous.

YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #731 on: February 24, 2019, 01:45:26 PM »

How dare someone pro-gun endorse Bernie.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #732 on: February 24, 2019, 01:55:14 PM »

Yawn...Every election is the same tired out talking points exchanged between competing factions and parties that have existed since the beginning of politics. Something something sexism something something racism something something other side this otherside that blah blah blah

LL is pretending to care about the actions of one side because he wants his side to win. Meanwhile his side was dishing out the same recycled garbage a decade ago
I mean, you Bernie Bros were pretty misogynistic during the primary. I'm not saying you were misogynistic, but a lot of people in your group would harass supporters of Hillary Clinton with hateful language.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #733 on: February 24, 2019, 02:00:37 PM »

Thats the connection? Thats what you are mad about? Geez, I completely forgot that voting for someone other than the Democrat completely excludes you from doing anything with the Democrats. Should we expel Rouda from the HoR for being a Republican in 2014?

Sanders sent an email out for his surrogates to be respectful to other contenders, which is a pretty FF move on his part. To then go around and say that Sanders is disingenuous because one of his co-chairs voted for the Greens in 2016 is both rather trivial and, well, disingenuous.

Turner not only hasn't regretted voting for Stein but she went repeatedly on CNN after last year's election and trashed Democratic leadership because according to her the results weren't good enough.
She is a troublemaker who fosters division and should be nowhere near a serious presidential campaign.

How dare someone pro-gun endorse Bernie.

LOL, as if Obama wasn't criticized when Farrakhan endorsed him.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #734 on: February 24, 2019, 02:51:13 PM »

I mean, you Bernie Bros were pretty misogynistic during the primary. I'm not saying you were misogynistic, but a lot of people in your group would harass supporters of Hillary Clinton with hateful language.

Like I said...they said the same thing about the last guy. Every election...its the same stuff said over and over but of course this time...''its different...I mean your side really went far this time!''
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #735 on: February 24, 2019, 02:54:12 PM »

Like I said...they said the same thing about the last guy. Every election...its the same stuff said over and over but of course this time...''its different...I mean your side really went far this time!''
They did tho. And for no good reason.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #736 on: February 24, 2019, 02:56:24 PM »

Why do Bernie supporters keep linking this article as if it's proof of their case? Hillary Clinton faced sexism from overenthusiastic supporters of her main male opponent in the primaries both times.

Source: was around for both campaigns.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #737 on: February 24, 2019, 02:59:03 PM »

Interesting how whenever Sanders addresses criticism that he faces (and I'm not saying that he shouldn't face scrutiny; he should), it's never "enough." In his first week, he's admitted some of the mistakes that he made during his campaign four years ago, and is already starting to take a different tone, but his detractors seem to think that we should forgive any mistakes that other candidates made in the past, but that anything Sanders did wrong is unforgivable.

lmao his is true of every mistake that every politician above county commissioner makes and is not even close to a uniquely Sanders phenomenon
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #738 on: February 24, 2019, 03:16:04 PM »

lmao his is true of every mistake that every politician above county commissioner makes and is not even close to a uniquely Sanders phenomenon

To an extent, yes, but among "Democrats" who don't like Sanders, they have a very different standard for his previous actions and statements than other Democrats.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #739 on: February 24, 2019, 03:16:48 PM »

Why do Bernie supporters keep linking this article as if it's proof of their case? Hillary Clinton faced sexism from overenthusiastic supporters of her main male opponent in the primaries both times.

Because everyone is pretending to care in order to get one over the other side. If you identify with the Biden/Harris/Clinton faction then you'll look the other way and make accusations against the other side that your own side has engaged in. For example...Sanders is characterized as racist but meanwhile look at Biden's Congressional record, or Harris's DA record, or Clinton's racist campaign against Obama in 2008. But of course...if that's your side then you'll just look the other way or excuse it. But what lies at the heart of it is you want your side to win so you find ways to rationalize and explain it away by pointing out what the other side has done.

Is there misogyny and racism in some Sanders supporters? Oh I'm sure there is... but if you hate him...you can dig deep enough to find it even when its not there (Same goes for every political faction) and interpret any event/or comment to fit that narrative.

Also Suburban Elitist...have you taken a good look at your party and the guy who runs it? (Trump) Really rich for you to go around characterizing others as misogynisic. Opps...see what I did there?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #740 on: February 24, 2019, 03:20:05 PM »

Because everyone is pretending to care in order to get one over the other side. If you identify with the Biden/Harris/Clinton faction then you'll look the other way and make accusations against the other side that your own side has engaged in. For example...Sanders is characterized as racist but meanwhile look at Biden's Congressional record, or Harris's DA record, or Clinton's racist campaign against Obama in 2008. But of course...if that's your side then you'll just look the other way or excuse it. But what lies at the heart of it is you want your side to win so you find ways to rationalize and explain it away by pointing out what the other side has done.

Is there misogyny and racism in some Sanders supporters? Oh I'm sure there is... but if you hate him...you can dig deep enough to find it even when its not there (Same goes for every political faction) and interpret any event/or comment to fit that narrative.

Also Suburban Elitist...have you taken a good look at your party and the guy who runs it? (Trump) Really rich for you to go around characterizing others as misogynisic. Opps...see what I did there?

Undoubtedly there's some of that going on and it's unfortunate, but there are also those of us who call it like we see it.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #741 on: February 24, 2019, 03:41:03 PM »

To an extent, yes, but among "Democrats" who don't like Sanders, they have a very different standard for his previous actions and statements than other Democrats.

When you get truly competitive contests of any kind, this behavior is inevitable. Voter choice involves a lot of confirmation bias and double standards. It is/was true for Bernie, Kamala, Beto, Clinton, Trump, Romney, and countless statewide office seekers. Framing it as a problem that Bernie exclusively is facing reeks of persecution complex.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #742 on: February 24, 2019, 03:55:19 PM »

When you get truly competitive contests of any kind, this behavior is inevitable. Voter choice involves a lot of confirmation bias and double standards. It is/was true for Bernie, Kamala, Beto, Clinton, Trump, Romney, and countless statewide office seekers. Framing it as a problem that Bernie exclusively is facing reeks of persecution complex.

The fact is, some candidates get more vitriol than others, even if every candidate is subject to some attacks. In some cases, the candidates themselves attack their opponents and bring it on themselves (i.e. someone like Trump.) In other cases, it is the case of candidates rubbing certain voters the wrong way for whatever reason, and said voters coming up with literally any reason to criticize that candidate. I'll admit that some posters here do that to Harris, and I've pointed that out several times, so I'll do the same for Sanders.

Now, some of this might be that people have stronger opinions of Sanders since he's been in the spotlight for longer, and a different candidate will get the same level of vitriol once the primary season gets going, but either way, I never said that Sanders was the only one who's ever faced unfair attacks. I'm simply pointing out the hypocrisy of people who claim that attacks against Clinton, Harris, Beto, etc. from Democrats are unfair, divisive, and help Trump, and then launch these same kinds of attacks against Sanders.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #743 on: February 24, 2019, 04:03:32 PM »

Undoubtedly there's some of that going on and it's unfortunate, but there are also those of us who call it like we see it.

Those same people who cried sexism whenever Hillary was criticized went nuclear on Gabbard.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #744 on: February 25, 2019, 06:58:41 PM »

bilaps
« Reply #745 on: February 25, 2019, 07:51:18 PM »

12k republicans also
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #746 on: February 25, 2019, 08:44:45 PM »

12,000 out of 360,000.

That's about 3.3%.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #747 on: February 25, 2019, 09:20:31 PM »

Did anyone watch Bernie Sanders's town hall on CNN? I actually didn't. I had to help my sister with a psychology exam but I'm almost 100% sure that he had the most watched town hall of all time! So I figured I'd just preempt the bragging, even as I don't know that for a fact.

It doesn't seem like the corporate media hate him that much for him to get a town hall before many other candidates and have it air at a better time.

GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #748 on: February 25, 2019, 09:36:24 PM »

Did anyone watch Bernie Sanders's town hall on CNN? I actually didn't. I had to help my sister with a psychology exam but I'm almost 100% sure that he had the most watched town hall of all time! So I figured I'd just preempt the bragging, even as I don't know that for a fact.

It doesn't seem like the corporate media hate him that much for him to get a town hall before many other candidates and have it air at a better time.

People like Sanders are good for ratings.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #749 on: February 25, 2019, 09:38:54 PM »

People like Sanders are good for ratings.

I don't doubt it.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies