Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:22:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 77
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 127944 times)
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #750 on: February 25, 2019, 10:08:34 PM »

Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #751 on: February 25, 2019, 10:35:29 PM »

Harry Enten thinks he has a real chance? Congrats, Democratic nominee Bernie Sanders!
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #752 on: February 25, 2019, 10:44:54 PM »

Bernie stutters and stammers his way through why he STILL hasn't released his tax returns. Using the same verbiage from 2016 so this is obviously rehearsed.

He had the time to write 2 whole books since 2016 ...but he didn’t have the time to get his taxes ready? Lol

GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #753 on: February 25, 2019, 10:46:56 PM »

Bernie stutters and stammers his way through why he STILL hasn't released his tax returns. Using the same verbiage from 2016 so this is obviously rehearsed.

He had the time to write 2 whole books since 2016 ...but he didn’t have the time to get his taxes ready? Lol

Thing is, this doesn't disqualify someone, as much as you wish it did. Has he erred? Yes. Does it automatically make him the worst person alive like you're implying it is? No.
Jags
Rookie

« Reply #754 on: February 25, 2019, 10:47:38 PM »

Zing! Bernie’s toast!
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #755 on: February 25, 2019, 10:50:04 PM »

You can't demand Trump release his tax returns but not demand the same of Sanders. With that said if the rest of the field does so without any issue then it does look bad. I don't think he's done anything illegal, but I do think he wants to hide exactly how much his income really is because he wants to give the illusion that he's destitute.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #756 on: February 25, 2019, 10:51:29 PM »

You can't demand Trump release his tax returns but not demand the same of Sanders. With that said if the rest of the field does so without any issue then it does look bad. I don't think he's done anything illegal, but I do think he wants to hide exactly how much his income really is because he wants to give the illusion that he's destitute.

Thing is, I never demanded Trump release his tax returns. Why? Because there's a million better things to go after him on.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #757 on: February 25, 2019, 10:51:57 PM »

He's releasing the last 10 years. He already released his 2014 returns.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #758 on: February 25, 2019, 10:52:24 PM »

Thing is, this doesn't disqualify someone, as much as you wish it did. Has he erred? Yes. Does it automatically make him the worst person alive like you're implying it is? No.

1. I didn't imply he was the worst person alive.
2. I didn't say this was going to end his campaign.
3. LOL. If this was ANYONE else yall would have skewered them, fired up the barbecue, and put an apple in their mouth. I see the purist demands of transparency end when it comes to your favorite candidate.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #759 on: February 25, 2019, 10:56:48 PM »

40% of Bernie's donors are new people. Where are these new people coming from? Are these young people who were nor eligible to vote last time ?

I thought it was more about getting most of his 2016 voters. It will be very interesting to get a geographical & demographic breakup of his donors. The number of new donors is shocking.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #760 on: February 25, 2019, 10:57:08 PM »

Thing is, I never demanded Trump release his tax returns. Why? Because there's a million better things to go after him on.

If Trump cheated on his taxes that is a crime that should be punished. I didn't single anyone out with my comment, I was just pointing out that there has to be consistency on tax returns.

From what I've read he says that his wife can't find the records, so nothing is set for release. He wasn't transparent enough about this last time. One year of returns is not enough.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #761 on: February 25, 2019, 11:29:11 PM »

If Trump cheated on his taxes that is a crime that should be punished. I didn't single anyone out with my comment, I was just pointing out that there has to be consistency on tax returns.

From what I've read he says that his wife can't find the records, so nothing is set for release. He wasn't transparent enough about this last time. One year of returns is not enough.

Don't be gentle when you've tried to smear Sanders with every bit of news you can find.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #762 on: February 25, 2019, 11:42:43 PM »

Don't be gentle when you've tried to smear Sanders with every bit of news you can find.

Does being Bernie’s personal buttwiper pay you well enough to get a green card?
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #763 on: February 25, 2019, 11:48:59 PM »

The tax return thing is not a great look for Sanders, just like we can say that the DNA thing was bad for Warren.  It's okay for Sanders supporters to admit that.

Still clearly the two best candidates, just like Hillary's email thing and wall street speeches were not great but she was obviously still a million billion times better than Trump.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #764 on: February 25, 2019, 11:56:14 PM »

The tax return thing is not a great look for Sanders, just like we can say that the DNA thing was bad for Warren.  It's okay for Sanders supporters to admit that.

Still clearly the two best candidates, just like Hillary's email thing and wall street speeches were not great but she was obviously still a million billion times better than Trump.

Only Warren has released any tax returns this cycle, so it's absurd to attack Bernie for not having released them yet.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #765 on: February 26, 2019, 02:04:03 AM »

The tax return thing is not a great look for Sanders, just like we can say that the DNA thing was bad for Warren.  It's okay for Sanders supporters to admit that.

Only Warren has released any tax returns this cycle, so it's absurd to attack Bernie for not having released them yet.

He should have released them four years ago. If Harris or Booker were this secretive, you'd be calling now for them to be tarred and feathered.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #766 on: February 26, 2019, 04:51:12 PM »

The tax return thing is not a great look for Sanders, just like we can say that the DNA thing was bad for Warren.  It's okay for Sanders supporters to admit that.

He should have released them four years ago. If Harris or Booker were this secretive, you'd be calling now for them to be tarred and feathered.

Well considering we're usually told to shut up and get back in line when we do . . .
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #767 on: February 26, 2019, 05:00:12 PM »

Not going to lie, it looks like Bernie's momentum is unstoppable. That announcement couldn't have been more perfect. I still think Biden would edge him in a primary RN, but that could easily change
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #768 on: February 26, 2019, 05:33:28 PM »

You don't even live here so it really shouldn't matter at all to you.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #769 on: February 26, 2019, 05:35:07 PM »

Well considering we're usually told to shut up and get back in line when we do . . .

Get in line for what exactly? And who is “we” in this context?

You are not an American citizen. You cannot vote for Bernie Sanders.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #770 on: February 26, 2019, 05:36:48 PM »

Not going to lie, it looks like Bernie's momentum is unstoppable. That announcement couldn't have been more perfect. I still think Biden would edge him in a primary RN, but that could easily change
It's February
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #771 on: February 26, 2019, 05:44:59 PM »

It's February

Yeah, Biden’s gearing up for a run and he very well may have an even better announcement.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #772 on: February 26, 2019, 06:55:21 PM »

It's February

IT’S HIS TURN.

/s
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #773 on: February 26, 2019, 07:38:00 PM »

Get in line for what exactly? And who is “we” in this context?

You are not an American citizen. You cannot vote for Bernie Sanders.

Do you, you know, have any other line of attack? Because It's not a very good one.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #774 on: February 26, 2019, 07:38:48 PM »

It's February
Yeah, Biden’s gearing up for a run and he very well may have an even better announcement.

Biden will get nowhere. He's a MeToo waiting to happen.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies