Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 01:19:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 77
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 129654 times)
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #950 on: March 17, 2019, 10:41:05 AM »

Yes, the debates are the best hope for folks like Warren and Booker to break through. Of course most people watching do not care about the policy specifics being discussed but how the media dissects their performance and if they get good zingers in.

Warren going after Bernie is what I most look forward to. Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #951 on: March 17, 2019, 11:59:55 AM »

Yes, the debates are the best hope for folks like Warren and Booker to break through. Of course most people watching do not care about the policy specifics being discussed but how the media dissects their performance and if they get good zingers in.

I’m most curious to see how O’Rourke does in the debates tbh.  He probably has the most to gain (some strong/well-received early performances could go a long way) and the most to lose (if he bombs in the first couple of debates then that could be the ballgame for him in terms of actually having a shot at winning the Democratic nomination unless he can win Iowa). 

It’ll also be interesting if Sanders can repeat his dominant performance in New Hampshire from 2016 next year against a tougher field.  A weak win there (or worse yet, a loss) would *really* hurt Sanders imo.
Medal506
United States

« Reply #952 on: March 17, 2019, 12:47:50 PM »

Good.  I can't wait to see his campaign crash and burn.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #953 on: March 17, 2019, 12:49:35 PM »

So he has 1 legislative accomplishment... He did all the amendment stuff, cool.

Not to call you out or anything but what was the point of asking the question if you were just going to hand wave the answer?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #954 on: March 17, 2019, 07:19:00 PM »

If any of the other candidates were smart, they would almost exclusively focus on attacking him and Biden in the debates. They ought to make an alliance.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #955 on: March 17, 2019, 09:22:03 PM »

The unfortunate thing about Warren is that some voters feel that she probably has the best policies and that she might have been their first choice if they didn’t have electability concerns about her.

It'll be interesting to see if Sanders has improved his debating skills over the past four years.  If nothing else, Warren knows economic policy and I could see Sanders losing some support to her if one of the media narratives (b/c most people obviously don't actually watch these things) to emerge from the primary debates – fairly or unfairly – is that Sanders still can't offer any details on how things like single-payer, free college, etc, etc would actually work.  There was a pretty widely accepted narrative last time around that Sanders was just spouting left-wing buzzwords without explaining how he would actually implement or pay for things like free college (or get them through Congress, for that matter).  Regardless of whether this narrative was accurate or not, it definitely hurt him in the primaries and is something he's eventually going to have to address this time around.

Again Sanders' Free College tax funded with a Financial Transaction stock was one of the most sound & detailed policy proposals in 2016.

This is irrational narrative & had no role. If anything Warren needs to come out of his Professor mode & explain in simple language to a truck driver or a nurse about her vision & policy where she struggles. Sanders has always been fantastic in this regard.

He will likely gain in debates not lose. Warren has to have an unreal performance to gain.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #956 on: March 17, 2019, 09:23:49 PM »

That may not end well. Especially for Warren. Sanders has a committed base who nay not take too kindly to that idea. Some of those supporters like Warren & may support Warren if Bernie doesn't do well. No way will they support Warren if she attacks Bernie.

If any of the other candidates were smart, they would almost exclusively focus on attacking him and Biden in the debates. They ought to make an alliance.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #957 on: March 17, 2019, 09:30:45 PM »

Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #958 on: March 17, 2019, 11:25:27 PM »

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #959 on: March 18, 2019, 11:08:11 PM »

Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #960 on: March 19, 2019, 11:08:45 AM »

Bernie hires Brie Joy and David Sirota.

So much for unity lol.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #961 on: March 19, 2019, 02:25:30 PM »

YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #962 on: March 19, 2019, 02:47:14 PM »

So much for unity lol.

Sigh....
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #963 on: March 19, 2019, 02:48:12 PM »

So much for unity lol.

Unity only exists in the political nerdosphere.

The voters dont care
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #964 on: March 19, 2019, 03:44:50 PM »

Sirota is extremely unethical.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #965 on: March 19, 2019, 04:07:37 PM »

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #966 on: March 19, 2019, 04:15:36 PM »

Gross
gf20202
« Reply #967 on: March 19, 2019, 04:18:11 PM »

Bernie: I won't campaign negatively. Also Bernie: I will however let a journalist work for my campaign in secret without disclosing it to readers and voters, while tearing to shreds my opponents with selective and misleading information. Read the article and ask yourself, what kind of candidate would hire somebody like this to be a senior adviser and speechwriter? Someone legitimately interested in moving beyond past grievances and running a positive campaign or nah? If someone has to delete 20,000 tweets before taking a job, maybe don't hire them?
Jags
Rookie

« Reply #968 on: March 19, 2019, 05:29:34 PM »

Some people are taking this way too seriously. No one cares who Bernie hires for his campaign
Bumaye

« Reply #969 on: March 19, 2019, 05:49:03 PM »

Some people are taking this way too seriously. No one cares who Bernie hires for his campaign
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #970 on: March 19, 2019, 05:50:31 PM »

Winning internet arguments is serious bizness in these parts of the forum spheres
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #971 on: March 19, 2019, 05:52:17 PM »

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #972 on: March 19, 2019, 05:58:20 PM »

Please quote the post where someone said the general public will care. I just see people expressing their displeasure with the hire of a toxic, corrosive, unethical “journalist” just like you all express displeasure in every thread about every non-Bernie candidate. You all are always quick to hand wave stuff he does but want to scrutinize every detail about everybody else.

Bernie: I won't campaign negatively. Also Bernie: I will however let a journalist work for my campaign in secret without disclosing it to readers and voters, while tearing to shreds my opponents with selective and misleading information. Read the article and ask yourself, what kind of candidate would hire somebody like this to be a senior adviser and speechwriter? Someone legitimately interested in moving beyond past grievances and running a positive campaign or nah? If someone has to delete 20,000 tweets before taking a job, maybe don't hire them?
Exactly. It says a lot about his mindset. But the response to every hypocritical thing Bernie does is: Who cares? Meanwhile let’s dissect Kamala’s past sexual history and create a conspiracy theory that Beto’s first day donations were fake. LOL.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #973 on: March 19, 2019, 06:00:32 PM »

So I guess it's cool if Beto hires Steve Bannon as his campaign manager.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #974 on: March 19, 2019, 06:01:17 PM »

Please quote the post where someone said the general public will care. I just see people expressing their displeasure with the hire of a toxic, corrosive, unethical “journalist” just like you all express displeasure in every thread about every non-Bernie candidate. You all are always quick to hand wave stuff he does but want to scrutinize every detail about everybody else.

I will agree he's a bad journalist, when I quoted this I mean just the random support or general public person won't overall care.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies