Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 07:04:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 ... 77
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 129611 times)
Sherrod Brown Shill
NerdFighter40351
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1425 on: May 17, 2019, 07:11:35 AM »

Quote from: Harper
That’s especially true when Bernie makes statements like, “We have got to look at candidates, you know, not by the color of their skin, not by their sexual orientation or their gender and not by their age. I mean, I think we have got to try to move us toward a non-discriminatory society which looks at people based on their abilities, based on what they stand for.”

It's horrifying that these activist factions want to make the Democratic Party a place where this statement is controversial. You're building a party on identity hustlers and their dupes.

At the moment, Biden, Sanders, and Buttigieg collectively account for a large majority of primary support.  It's no coincidence that they've had such success in a crowded primary while doing less to pander to these toxic tendencies than anyone else in this crowded field.

This is the crux of what I'm saying personally i'm the wrong leftie to talk to about affirmative action, because both my parents got screwed over hard by it.

Nice to meet you CJ Cregg. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YjoSMwVOXQ (Ok, idk if CJ Cregg would really be a leftie but whatever.)
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1426 on: May 17, 2019, 01:44:23 PM »

That’s especially true when Bernie makes statements like, “We have got to look at candidates, you know, not by the color of their skin, not by their sexual orientation or their gender and not by their age. I mean, I think we have got to try to move us toward a non-discriminatory society which looks at people based on their abilities, based on what they stand for.”

It's horrifying that these activist factions want to make the Democratic Party a place where this statement is controversial. You're building a party on identity hustlers and their dupes.

At the moment, Biden, Sanders, and Buttigieg collectively account for a large majority of primary support.  It's no coincidence that they've had such success in a crowded primary while doing less to pander to these toxic tendencies than anyone else in this crowded field.

This is the crux of what I'm saying personally i'm the wrong leftie to talk to about affirmative action, because both my parents got screwed over hard by it.

Nice to meet you CJ Cregg. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YjoSMwVOXQ (Ok, idk if CJ Cregg would really be a leftie but whatever.)

Love the reference.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1427 on: May 18, 2019, 02:03:51 AM »

Love it.

In all seriousness though, both my parents were.
James Monroe

« Reply #1428 on: May 18, 2019, 12:08:53 PM »
« Edited: May 20, 2019, 10:57:48 AM by James Monroe »

Bernie supporters are going vicious over a person of color commentator known for her criticism of Bernard outreach to her audience. The continuous uproar over 2016 isn't done yet, as the Bernie/DSA crowd will continue fighting against the wishes of the Democratic voting base, not realizing they should bend over and support the next candidate to DEFEAT Trump.

SaneDemocrat

« Reply #1429 on: May 18, 2019, 12:49:35 PM »

She's a disengenious hack. From a POC bernie bro.
SaneDemocrat

« Reply #1430 on: May 18, 2019, 12:51:19 PM »

She's a disengenious hack. From a POC bernie bro.She attacked Bernie for going on FOX news when she's gone on FOX news.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #1431 on: May 18, 2019, 01:00:23 PM »

Who?

Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1432 on: May 18, 2019, 01:40:55 PM »

Twitter's not good for your health, man.
James Monroe

« Reply #1433 on: May 18, 2019, 05:22:47 PM »

A progressive commentator on satellite radio.
Nightcore Nationalist
Okthisisnotepic.

« Reply #1434 on: May 19, 2019, 04:17:22 AM »

DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #1435 on: May 19, 2019, 12:43:57 PM »

Sanders has secured the black vote.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #1436 on: May 19, 2019, 12:45:42 PM »

This post seems vaguely racist to me.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1437 on: May 19, 2019, 12:47:39 PM »

Bernie Bros are not the worst because Trump's deplorables exist but they're pretty awful.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #1438 on: May 19, 2019, 12:50:48 PM »

Taking a picture with a black person and holding up a piece of fried chicken is more than just a little bit tone deaf. I'd have expected Trump to do this sort of photo op first (the whole taco bowl stunt is similar though), but someone else beat him to it.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #1439 on: May 19, 2019, 01:39:14 PM »

Taking a picture with a black person and holding up a piece of fried chicken is more than just a little bit tone deaf. I'd have expected Trump to do this sort of photo op first (the whole taco bowl stunt is similar though), but someone else beat him to it.
Except I assume that black man works at a place that sells fried chicken...
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #1440 on: May 19, 2019, 04:27:06 PM »

ah so you're the listener so satellite radio then
James Monroe

« Reply #1441 on: May 19, 2019, 05:05:37 PM »

Maxwell has also appeared on Bill Maher(ew) and MSNBC(yay).
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1442 on: May 20, 2019, 09:26:54 AM »

Except I assume that black man works at a place that sells fried chicken...
James Monroe

« Reply #1443 on: May 20, 2019, 10:55:26 AM »

a person of color commentator, known for her criticism of Bernie's outreach to that particular crowd

Please stop doing violence to the English language.

Well, I edited that sentence. Good?
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #1444 on: May 21, 2019, 01:19:53 AM »

You’re right. Obviously Bernie should’ve requested that a white person take a picture with him holding up the piece of fried chicken so as to not appear racist.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #1445 on: May 21, 2019, 09:49:37 AM »

Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #1446 on: May 21, 2019, 12:03:35 PM »

Y'all know the cook posted the photo on his own Facebook?
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1447 on: May 21, 2019, 01:15:23 PM »

Yeah, the man in the picture sure looks unhappy and is if he was forced to take the picture.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1448 on: May 21, 2019, 01:18:17 PM »

Depressing to see Atlas embroiled in the same meaningless bullsh**t that permeates twitter. He goes to an event promoting local restaurants and is sampling something a supporter of his made when a photo is asked for. If anything, it's positive because it shows that he's unaware about how it could be twisted. It's everyone else's racism and stereotyping that casts this as anything negative.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #1449 on: May 21, 2019, 01:18:26 PM »

Alright, theres been some dumb controversy this 2020 cycle, but this has got to be the dumbest.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies