Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 06:11:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 ... 77
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 129600 times)
Ilhan Apologist
Glowfish

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1650 on: July 09, 2019, 06:59:01 PM »

Bernie needs to articulate his positions better because americans are stupid.

Nah, there's just a willfully ignorant vocal minority on the internet.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1651 on: July 09, 2019, 07:01:54 PM »

Bernie batting out for working class rapists! Good job pandering to female voters.

https://twitter.com/TheStagmania/status/1148703777081450496
Stop. I don't like him and even I know damn well he didn't mean it like that. Attack him on the issues. Stop making stuff up and intentionally misconstruing words.

Bernie should be able to articulate his message better by not making it seem apologetic to sex offenders. When he tweets like this and his infamous Trump voters are not racists election tweet he loses ground with the people he needs to compete in the primary.

Nobody else on Earth read it that way. That tweet doesn't make any apologies for sex offenders, and you'd have to either have malicious intent or a concerning lack of reading comprehension skills in order to interpret it like that.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #1652 on: July 09, 2019, 10:29:29 PM »

Bernie batting out for working class rapists! Good job pandering to female voters.

https://twitter.com/TheStagmania/status/1148703777081450496
Stop. I don't like him and even I know damn well he didn't mean it like that. Attack him on the issues. Stop making stuff up and intentionally misconstruing words.

Bernie should be able to articulate his message better by not making it seem apologetic to sex offenders. When he tweets like this and his infamous Trump voters are not racists election tweet he loses ground with the people he needs to compete in the primary.

James Monroe

« Reply #1653 on: July 10, 2019, 07:36:48 PM »

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1654 on: July 10, 2019, 07:40:29 PM »

Well, I guess these things are more effective 3 days before the election.

"They are unanimous in their hate for me and I welcome their hatred" - FDR 3 days before the 1936 election.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1655 on: July 10, 2019, 07:47:16 PM »

Alright you got me back, this is a petty move.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #1656 on: July 10, 2019, 08:54:36 PM »

Okay, this something he should actually be criticized for.
Ilhan Apologist
Glowfish

« Reply #1657 on: July 10, 2019, 09:08:04 PM »

Why? I don't see any problem with this.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #1658 on: July 10, 2019, 09:55:47 PM »

Why? I don't see any problem with this.

Every politician has "anti-endorsements".
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1659 on: July 10, 2019, 10:51:03 PM »

Saw Bernie on MSNBC Tonight on the Rachel Maddow show....

Generally boiler-plate Bernie, but one of his first appearances on the show in quite some time, and decent questions regarding '16 vs '20 GE and DEM Primaries....

"Take it to Kentucky and Mississippi" stood out a bit on a GE question, and essentially taking credit (IMHO legitimately) for the adoption of at least the concept if not the actual policy positions of Bernie on fundamental issues such as Health Care Policy, Education Policy, etc....

Key thing about MSNBC is that because such a high % of the viewers tend towards a "Liberal Democrat" perspective (Especially on Prime Time), you run into a scenario where the "influence makers" that follow politics more regularly will chat with their friends, family, co-workers, maybe even church members.....

MSNBC will be seeing a ton more DEM Prim candidates on their Prime Time slot over the next 6+ Months, but still thought it relevant since it is a Media outlet that at least on their regular lineup tends to skew heavily Liberal....
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1660 on: July 11, 2019, 01:41:17 AM »

Yeah, the list is pretty great.  Read the descriptions.

https://berniesanders.com/anti-endorsements/
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1661 on: July 11, 2019, 01:42:50 AM »

All of the people he listed are garbage human beings so whatevs.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1662 on: July 11, 2019, 02:01:07 AM »

Seriously, I can't fathom why Atlas doesn't lap this stuff up. Bernie is like a candidate tailor-made for the demographics of this site and yet Dems on here shun him just to be counter-edgy.
Ilhan Apologist
Glowfish

« Reply #1663 on: July 11, 2019, 07:26:52 AM »

All of the people he listed are garbage human beings so whatevs.

Yeah, this. I can't see how this is a bad thing.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1664 on: July 11, 2019, 07:37:55 AM »

Seriously, I can't fathom why Atlas doesn't lap this stuff up. Bernie is like a candidate tailor-made for the demographics of this site and yet Dems on here shun him just to be counter-edgy.

When you have the mindset that these teenagers have where the Democratic Party is their (only) friend it’s easy to see why they hate Bernie.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1665 on: July 11, 2019, 09:17:35 AM »

At least as far as I'm concerned, the steady pattern of all my least favorite people in the Democratic Party, many of whom I have been sick of for 15-20 years, flocking to Sanders is a big flashing light that this guy is the embodiment of everything I oppose and can't stand in Democratic politics.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #1666 on: July 11, 2019, 11:05:38 AM »

It goes to show that Sanders hasn't sold out to millionaire and billionaire donors like most other politicians would.
James Monroe

« Reply #1667 on: July 11, 2019, 10:49:32 PM »

Somehow it all comes back to the dirty Russians. Hope the other candidates go toe to toe with Bernie on his long support of their regime. Bernie squashes whenever a political expert ask him about the Russian interference in the 2016 election.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #1668 on: July 11, 2019, 11:10:15 PM »

Somehow it all comes back to the dirty Russians. Hope the other candidates go toe to toe with Bernie on his long support of their regime. Bernie squashes whenever a political expert ask him about the Russian interference in the 2016 election.

Sanders to you:
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1669 on: July 12, 2019, 08:40:50 AM »

Some of the quotes of the people in his anti-endorsement list are downright hilarious. SDS is alive and well.
Krago
« Reply #1670 on: July 12, 2019, 11:45:18 AM »

Bernie's coming to my home town!
U.S. presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders coming to Windsor
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #1671 on: July 14, 2019, 11:23:18 AM »

I have a real fear that Sanders is going to end up preventing Warren from consolidating the left's vote and will enable Biden to get the nomination because of a divided opposition.  Wouldn't it be ironic if Sanders's lasting impact was to help elevate Biden's retrograde centrism? 
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1672 on: July 14, 2019, 01:52:52 PM »

I have a real fear that Sanders is going to end up preventing Warren from consolidating the left's vote and will enable Biden to get the nomination because of a divided opposition.  Wouldn't it be ironic if Sanders's lasting impact was to help elevate Biden's retrograde centrism? 

A lot of Bernie supporters second choice is actually Biden. Ideology isn't nearly as big of a factor in people's votes as people on this forum think. Some polls say that a plurality of Bernie's supporters would go to Biden if he dropped out.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1673 on: July 14, 2019, 03:13:29 PM »

A lot of Bernie supporters second choice is actually Biden. Ideology isn't nearly as big of a factor in people's votes as people on this forum think. Some polls say that a plurality of Bernie's supporters would go to Biden if he dropped out.

See that's the thing. Even Warren and Sanders supporters don't look much like each other. Sanders does well with non-college educated voters (white or not), non-white voters, and voters with lower income. Warren's base is the opposite: College educated whites, lower numbers of non-whites, and higher numbers of people with higher incomes.

What DTC said shows that the Democratic primary is very fluid and that voters do not always vote "how they're supposed to." There are other factors besides ideology, identity, etc. to take into account.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #1674 on: July 14, 2019, 03:40:14 PM »

See that's the thing. Even Warren and Sanders supporters don't look much like each other. Sanders does well with non-college educated voters (white or not), non-white voters, and voters with lower income. Warren's base is the opposite: College educated whites, lower numbers of non-whites, and higher numbers of people with higher incomes.

What DTC said shows that the Democratic primary is very fluid and that voters do not always vote "how they're supposed to." There are other factors besides ideology, identity, etc. to take into account.

A couple of thoughts on this:
1.  It's nice to see some confirmation that a significant amount of Sanders's support in 2016 wasn't ideological or policy motivated--it was just anti-Clinton identity politics like many of us observed at the time.
2.  Having said that, I still think there is some risk of overreading the "second choice" polling and the demographic info. I can think of multiple reasons a Sanders supporter might not want to name Warren as a second choice:  maybe Sanders supporters do have a strong affinity for crotchety old white men, or maybe they view Warren as the main competition at present and are consciously or unconsciously resistant to voicing approval of her because of it.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies