Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:22:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 127852 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: February 19, 2019, 09:32:13 AM »

A shame for Warren. And I would have enjoyed seeing a certain Group of BernieBros explain why they preferred Beto over her. Ah, well.

Speaking as someone who'd vote for Beto over Warren and may vote for him over Sanders (if Beto gets in I'm basically undecided) my only problem with Warren is her campaign skills and how she completely botched her response on the Native American ancestry thing (which was a very, very stupid f[inks]ing issue that should've deserved no real response to begin with.) Beto sure can't be accused if being a weak campaigner.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 12:28:53 PM »

That feeling when Bernie is going to be President and there's nothing shitlibs and the alt-right can do about it.

Lol good luck with that. Sanders will drop out after losing NH.

What makes you think that? NH is still,a good state for him.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 12:30:16 PM »

That feeling when Bernie is going to be President and there's nothing shitlibs and the alt-right can do about it.

Most liberals like Sanders. Those frothing donut morons are a tiny extremely online minority.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019, 12:41:39 PM »

Lol good luck with that. Sanders will drop out after losing NH.

What makes you think that? NH is still,a good state for him.

Because Liz Warren will do really well there like MA candidates always do?

Her campaign skills will require a massive upgrade.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2019, 12:51:32 PM »

Guys he's not actually going to campaign in Oklahoma in the general election campaign. Talking about a "50 state strategy" is mostly just a platitude.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2019, 01:05:09 PM »

The quote from an article said he is going to try to make a play for those states and says nothing about a 50 state strategy.
How is this any different from a 50-state strategy?

The point is that the article mentioning nothing about a 50 state strategy and only stated that they were making a play for a specific set of Republican states.

It just says "some in the Sanders camp." And mostly referring to Iowa and Ohio.

Its a big stretch to go from that to believing that Sanders will be in Oklahoma in October 2020.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2019, 01:18:13 PM »

HAHA JFERN TRIGGERED

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2019, 01:20:59 PM »

Do you realize how disingenuous the argument you’re trying to make is? Or do you actually believe it yourself? When they say we should compete in more places due to Bernie’s unique appeal, do you actually expect Bernie to spend the last week of the campaign in Oklahoma or something?

It wouldn't at all surprise me if he did that. For Oklahoma to even be on a list of targets is delusional itself.

It just says "some in the Sanders camp." And mostly referring to Iowa and Ohio.

Its a big stretch to go from that to believing that Sanders will be in Oklahoma in October 2020.

So they said what they said but didn't really mean what they said? Glad you are clairvoyant enough to see the backstage three dimensional chess. For such Republican states to even be mentioned as targets is ridiculous.

I'd be more concerned if it was Sanders himself who said that instead of some random anonymous staffers.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2019, 01:24:29 PM »

I don't need to agree with a candidate on every issue to support them. And that was 2 years ago.

He's never repudiated it.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2019, 02:56:20 PM »

Even the Anti-Bernie crowd has to admit no candidate in history has had so much excitement over their announcement.

It’s ALL OVER Facebook, and Bernie is smashing records left and right.

I love Sanders but someone as terrible as you being so enthusiastic for him is turning me off and making me ashamed of my support.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2019, 03:18:29 PM »

Bernie once again trying to court the elusive "White working class" is exactly why he lost the primary in 2016 not because it was rigged.

Focusing on predominantly White and very rural states and not focusing on the base of Democratic Party combined with the fact that there are much more candidates running is exactly why Bernie's campaign will fail just like it did in 2016.

I can't wait to never have to here about Bernie Sanders ever again. It will be a blessing!

Or Bernie can just scoot by winning 30-40% of the vote in states while Booker, Harris, Klobuchar, Biden and O'Rourke all eat away at each other.

(pssst, it's how Trump won the GOP primary in 2016)
It's not gonna work that way. There are a lot of anti-Bernie Democrats that will consolidate to not let that happen.

Bernie has a >80% favorability rating amongst Democrats. Even Democrats who don't support him mostly like him.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2019, 03:22:26 PM »

I'm at a loss. Why is Old Atlas vehemently opposed to Bernie again?
Because he's more racist than the GOP and he threatens the 1% unlike their anointed sacred cows. 

Oh shut the f[inks] up.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2019, 03:50:07 PM »

Sanders isn't necessarily all that different on the issues than a lot of Democrats, it's just his delivery that appeals to his supporters. He makes guarantees and that is what people want to hear.

Aka he has campaign skills.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2019, 04:57:00 PM »

https://www.ssa.gov/oact/STATS/table4c6.html

Bernie's odds of dying before 2024 aren't that high especially as he's in good health.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2019, 05:35:33 PM »

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if an actuary calculated that Trump has a better chance of dying before 2024 than Bernie does.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2019, 01:01:54 AM »

Many women are afraid of the harassment that would come forward from the Bernie cult that refuses to die out the misogynist taunts  that's hurried  towards extremely brave women like Hillary Clinton or Kamala Harris

Gonna stop you right there

Nothing to stop for. He's right.

Was Hillary an "extremely brave woman" when she illegally overthrew the democratically-elected government in Honduras?

You forgot to mention also the time when she destroyed the lives of women who had made credible rape and sexual assault allegations against her husband

Which i say as someone who had zero qualms voting for her.

An actually valid criticism too, as it's something she was actually responsible for, unlike the coup in Honduras.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2019, 01:26:47 AM »

Many women are afraid of the harassment that would come forward from the Bernie cult that refuses to die out the misogynist taunts  that's hurried  towards extremely brave women like Hillary Clinton or Kamala Harris

Gonna stop you right there

Nothing to stop for. He's right.

Was Hillary an "extremely brave woman" when she illegally overthrew the democratically-elected government in Honduras?

You forgot to mention also the time when she destroyed the lives of women who had made credible rape and sexual assault allegations against her husband

Which i say as someone who had zero qualms voting for her.

An actually valid criticism too, as it's something she was actually responsible for, unlike the coup in Honduras.

She literally admitted to it.

That's talking about restoring order in Honduras, not directing the Honduran military to oust the President. Because the Honduran military did that entirely on its own and was condemned by the US.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2019, 10:56:14 AM »

Well, Klobuchar has a much lesser chance of becoming the nominee than Bernie, so endorsed for the time being. As for people complaining about their favourite candidates getting attacked: learn to deal with it, it's a primary, us Sanders supporters have been plenty criticised as well.

The subset of Sanders supporters I'd call BernieBros stand out in that they spend most of their time viciously attacking his primary opponents rather than say positive things about their own candidate. This undercuts opposition to Trump.

------------------------

This thread is more of a s***fest than I had even anticipated and then my expectations were already pretty low.

There's just as many people who do that only bashing Sanders instead if promoting their preferred candidate. Does Landslide Lyndon even have a candidate?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2019, 02:36:01 PM »

I’m going to say right now if Bernie Sanders or Kamala Harris is the Democratic nominee I will enthusiastically back either candidate. But I believe strongly that Bernie is the only one who can bring about instituional change in our government and the way of doing things in our country, and I believe he can even reach out to many Republicans (and even some Trump voters) with that message, which contrary to what BRTD or others think isn’t a bad thing.

That makes no sense as Bernie is to the left of Harris.

I'd obviously vote for any Democrat in the general election too, including Bernie and Harris but I prefer Bernie because he is more progressive.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2019, 10:06:02 PM »

Nina Turner and Ro Khanna. Ugh.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2019, 04:38:28 PM »

Biden could very well be a paper tiger who collapses but the busing stuff will be a non-issue. More thsn half of Democratic primary voters probably don't even know what busing was.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2019, 11:16:45 AM »

*Bernie literally left Brooklyn in 1968 to live in Vermont, one of the Whitest states in the country. Meanwhile, in 1968, Hillary stopped being a Republican and became a Democrat.

How dare people want to live somewhere where they don't have to pay $2000/month (or equivalent in dollars of the year) for a living space of size more suited for a closet! What horrendous racism!
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2019, 12:54:25 PM »

Michael Bloomberg has never been elected as a Democrat, was elected twice as a Republican, had a Democratic opponent in all three of his elections, and has spoken at the RNC and endorsed George W. Bush and John McCain. But most Sanders haters don't seem to have a problem with him.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2019, 01:38:01 PM »

Michael Bloomberg has never been elected as a Democrat, was elected twice as a Republican, had a Democratic opponent in all three of his elections, and has spoken at the RNC and endorsed George W. Bush and John McCain. But most Sanders haters don't seem to have a problem with him.
He’s irrelevant and has no constituency in the Democratic Party. Why exert energy on someone who will be a big, fat loser?

He's hinted about running and I've never seen anyone scream about how he's not a Democrat. They might attack him for other reasons.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2019, 09:49:21 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies