Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:12:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 127955 times)
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« on: January 26, 2019, 03:38:46 PM »

Just another 2016 Bernie voter checking in to say he likely won't get my vote in 2020.

I have great respect for the man, but I believe we need a fresh generation of leaders, and while Bernie is a fresh 'face' I think the standard bearer for our party going into the next decade needs to be someone quite a bit younger than Bernie.

I really hope he chooses to pass on another bid and instead works to influence the 2020 platform and campaign for 2020 candidates.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 06:34:11 PM »

Young and fresh-faced Beto O'Rourke will steal his shine!

O'Rourke's a ex-three term Congressman who's only qualification is that he made a race against Ted Cruz.

More experience than the current President!  Pacman
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 10:46:40 PM »

Anyone who thinks Bernie is DOA is seriously letting their bias cloud their judgment, he’s possibly one of the biggest and most competitive people to throw their name in other than possibly Biden.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2019, 10:51:23 PM »

Okay? That’s a weird response. Point stands.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2019, 10:56:21 PM »

Weird response? I'm laugh at the nonsense that you're spewing. Bernie is going nowhere expect to his home to take a nap.

So the man who consistently polls 15-30% in a crowded field and won 45% against the all but declared nominee in 2016 with a huge base of donors, supporters and campaign staff all lined up for him is “going nowhere”.

I don’t think I’m the one spewing nonsense. But sure, enjoy your gifs and quips.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2019, 11:10:54 PM »

Weird response? I'm laugh at the nonsense that you're spewing. Bernie is going nowhere expect to his home to take a nap.

So the man who consistently polls 15-30% in a crowded field and won 45% against the all but declared nominee in 2016 with a huge base of donors, supporters and campaign staff all lined up for him is “going nowhere”.

I don’t think I’m the one spewing nonsense. But sure, enjoy your gifs and quips.
Those polls are just name recognition.

If Bernie couldn't win win in 2016, he won't win in 2020. Also, since the field is much larger it will dilute the super progressive vote (Warren primarily). Additionally, if Biden runs, it's even more of a wrap for Cranky Old St. Bernard.

Just to be clear, our conversation is not about Bernie winning or not — you said quote on quote, he’s “DOA” and “Not going anywhere” which for a candidate of his stature is ridiclous.

Also Bernie isn’t Biden, the voters who like him are usually pretty engaged.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2019, 11:52:13 PM »

Being the next FDR would not be great. FDR radically expanded the sizs of government. I personally believe that FDR is an overrated president (who tried to stay in office as long as he could). Bernie and FDR share similar ideas about expanding government. The difference is that people now know that this is federal overreach.

Of course, this is all moot, because he will not be thd nominee.

Are you sure about that? Most polls say that Americans are becoming increasingly accepting of government programs like single payer health care, etc.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2019, 11:48:53 AM »

There is a difference between donating to a first time presidential candidate and a retread that really didn't do all that great last time when you actually look at the numbers. He pays family for working for his campaign and bought a lake house after the last election. He rails against materialism, yet lives seemingly comfortable.

He went from polling around 1-2% to taking 45% of the vote and almost half the states from the near presumptive nominee, — that’s ‘not doing so well’? Lmao.

Bernie’s got my vote so far, with Tulsi and Warren close behind. I want one of them as VP though.

iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2019, 12:01:43 PM »

Never donated to a political candidate in my entire life (albeit I have only entered legal adulthood comparatively recently) but I'm seriously considering donating $27 as a gesture of good faith to our next President.

I already did (and $10 to Tulsi earlier this week, which I’m still fine with) I’m a firm believer in putting your money where your mouth is.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2019, 12:29:53 PM »

It’s almost like none of you have heard about down ballot races?

Hillarys loss wasn’t because of Bernie Bro’s, no matter how much you neocons whine and complain about it. It was because of her incredibly shortsighted campaign not competing in more places.

Bernie is interested in building a 50 state progressive movement that will help us rebuild our party in ALL places of this country.

He may very well end up being the Democratic Parties savior.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2019, 12:33:31 PM »

Bernie may have just lost the last remaining Bros on Atlas Forum with this inaccurate map depicting a 51st state of Upper Peninsula:

Not to mention that Alaska and Hawaii aren't even pictured.

Well it’s obvious he should just drop out right now!
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2019, 01:04:28 PM »

The quote from an article said he is going to try to make a play for those states and says nothing about a 50 state strategy.
How is this any different from a 50-state strategy?

The point is that the article mentioning nothing about a 50 state strategy and only stated that they were making a play for a specific set of Republican states.

Do you realize how disingenuous the argument you’re trying to make is? Or do you actually believe it yourself? When they say we should compete in more places due to Bernie’s unique appeal, do you actually expect Bernie to spend the last week of the campaign in Oklahoma or something?
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2019, 01:26:32 PM »

Do you realize how disingenuous the argument you’re trying to make is? Or do you actually believe it yourself? When they say we should compete in more places due to Bernie’s unique appeal, do you actually expect Bernie to spend the last week of the campaign in Oklahoma or something?

It wouldn't at all surprise me if he did that. For Oklahoma to even be on a list of targets is delusional itself.

It just says "some in the Sanders camp." And mostly referring to Iowa and Ohio.

Its a big stretch to go from that to believing that Sanders will be in Oklahoma in October 2020.

So they said what they said but didn't really mean what they said? Glad you are clairvoyant enough to see the backstage three dimensional chess. For such Republican states to even be mentioned as targets is ridiculous.

Hi, I’m Kendra Horn. Nice to meet you!
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2019, 01:38:49 PM »

Even though he will certain exceed Santorum's 2016 performance, I will struggle to think he has any better shot than Santorum 2016 at becoming the presumptive nominee. The whole thing is a sideshow distraction. The more we talk about him, the less we talk about how terrible Harris is compared to the rest of the real candidates.

More fundraising than any candidate in history, — “sideshow distraction”.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2019, 01:40:34 PM »

It wouldn't at all surprise me if he did that. For Oklahoma to even be on a list of targets is delusional itself.

It just says "some in the Sanders camp." And mostly referring to Iowa and Ohio.

Its a big stretch to go from that to believing that Sanders will be in Oklahoma in October 2020.

So they said what they said but didn't really mean what they said? Glad you are clairvoyant enough to see the backstage three dimensional chess. For such Republican states to even be mentioned as targets is ridiculous.

Hi, I’m Kendra Horn. Nice to meet you!

kendra proves ok is a tossup in 2020, only Bernie is woke and smart enough to realize this

Cause that’s what I’m talking about, not downballot races.

My God you people are disingenuous with your attacks, just like your President.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2019, 01:46:36 PM »

Bernie blows Harris (the "presumptive" nominee) out of the water on donations in the first 24 hours. I'm sure atlas will keep on telling me that he still has no following.

In the first 4 hours*.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2019, 02:52:18 PM »

Even the Anti-Bernie crowd has to admit no candidate in history has had so much excitement over their announcement.

It’s ALL OVER Facebook, and Bernie is smashing records left and right.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2019, 03:03:59 PM »

Even the Anti-Bernie crowd has to admit no candidate in history has had so much excitement over their announcement.

I love Sanders but someone as terrible as you being so enthusiastic for him is turning me off and making me ashamed of my support.

Alright? And I care, cause?  Tears of joy

If you’re that weak and feeble minded, I think Bernie is better off without your support.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2019, 03:08:10 PM »

I recall Obama's announcement being much more exciting, lol.

Perhaps in person, but social media wasn’t nearly as big a deal back then — so it wasn’t possible for things to explode or go viral like this.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2019, 03:43:28 PM »

I looked at Bernie's platform and basically it's the same of almost all of the other Democratic candidates.

Why is Bernie different? What makes him special?

He's just an egotistical and narcissistic old man that will NEVER be President no matter how hard he tries.

I’m pretty damn convinced you’re a troll now.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2019, 03:48:16 PM »

I looked at Bernie's platform and basically it's the same of almost all of the other Democratic candidates.

He's just an egotistical and narcissistic old man that will NEVER be President no matter how hard he tries.

Please. I'm a troll because I don't like Bernie?

You're gonna be surprised to see how Bernie's campaign crashes and fails like it did in 2016.

You’re a troll because you can ask with a straight face how Sanders platform is different from, for instance, Joe Biden or Cory Booker or Amy Klobuchar.

And for dismissing the candidate with perhaps, as of right now, the best chance at becoming the Democratic nominee (in an obviously crowded and chaotic field).
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2019, 03:53:12 PM »

Sanders isn't necessarily all that different on the issues than a lot of Democrats, it's just his delivery that appeals to his supporters. He makes guarantees and that is what people want to hear.

He has plenty of differences. For example:

Gabbard also opposed all three votes, just btw.

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2017/roll378.xml
http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2018/roll230.xml
http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2016/roll600.xml

Purple heart
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2019, 03:57:28 PM »

You're gonna be surprised to see how Bernie's campaign crashes and fails like it did in 2016.

You’re a troll because you can ask with a straight face how Sanders platform is different from, for instance, Joe Biden or Cory Booker or Amy Klobuchar.

And for dismissing the candidate with perhaps, as of right now, the best chance at becoming the Democratic nominee (in an obviously crowded and chaotic field).
>best chance
>behind by double digits in most polls

Behind low information voters candidate / paper tiger Joe Biden, yes.

God you people are so disingenuous with your attacks.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2019, 04:35:56 PM »

Hope other candidates bring up the age issue directly and don't dance around it. Would you trust a 79 year old surgeon to perform on you? Like the President they also make life and death decisions.

Age is just a number. He seems to be in good health overall. Of course it isn’t ideal but it’s not a deal breaker.

Indeed. This is a concern for me, even as a Sanders supporter. But it’s also why it’s so important Sanders chooses someone who will continue his fight even if he isn’t able to — we can’t have an establishment hack in the VP slot, no way.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2019, 04:43:47 PM »
« Edited: February 19, 2019, 04:46:17 PM by VP YE »

Joe Biden isn't even running (yet).

Most other Democrats running especially Kamala and Warren have almost the same platform as Bernie.

There's nothing special about Bernie and my dislike for him doesn't make me a troll. Don't even try that troll garbage with me. I don't play that game.

Yeah, I’m not playing into your concern trolling and disingenuous attacks on Bernie.

Glad to see I’ve got you so triggered though tough guy.  Tears of joy

Enjoy the next year as Bernie continues to be a formidable contender and grow his campaign. ( :

Curious to see what historic levels of fundraising Bernie accomplishes in 24 hours, too.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies