Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:48:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 127930 times)
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« on: February 16, 2019, 07:55:28 PM »

Realignment imminent
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 12:36:25 AM »

Being the next FDR would not be great. FDR radically expanded the sizs of government. I personally believe that FDR is an overrated president (who tried to stay in office as long as he could). Bernie and FDR share similar ideas about expanding government. The difference is that people now know that this is federal overreach.

Of course, this is all moot, because he will not be thd nominee.

Every president is overrated and accomplished much less than history would have you believe if you read between the lines. America has too many problems now and nominee should be someone who wont waste time attempting bipartisanship with the bomb throwers that run the GOP.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 10:48:14 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This guy is gonna lose us the Rust Belt, big time.

junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019, 11:06:58 AM »

Here we f**king go again.

Why couldn't Bernie do the world a favor and leave us alone?

Trump would demolish this fool in the general.

Yes, Trump would demolish the most popular politician in the country, but surely a Clintonite like Harris or Gillibrand would do better 🙄

I know I'm not the first person to say this, but I'm starting to see 2020 as 1980, and I think Sanders is a direct parallel to Ronald Reagan - people say he's "too old", "too radical", etc, but in the end he ends up being just what the electorate wants after 4 years of a failed President.

There is no comparison. Like Reagan or not he was far more personable than Sanders is (being an actor helped) and that made up for an overall lack of substance. Ronald Reagan was a character.

Ugh....this again. Reagan was nowhere near as popular or formidable on election day as we are led to believe. All of that claptrap about the mythical "Reagan Revolution" is just BS hatched up by political nerds and history buffs. Most Americans didn't like Reagan anyway but the history has been re-written enough now that it would make his election seem like it was obvious or foretold:

As long as Trump's approval is in the toilet and/or the economy goes off if a cliff....Sanders will win because thats all that 90% of the voters care about.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2019, 12:06:20 PM »

On the other hand, the poor/white quote is the #1 reason I don't want Sanders to be the nominee, Trump will absolutely use that in campaign ads and if it's possible for any one thing to cost someone an election that will be it.

I remember hearing this in 2008 about how Obama will lose because of Rev Wright's godamn America tapes. Of course nobody cares
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2019, 12:14:06 PM »

On the other hand, the poor/white quote is the #1 reason I don't want Sanders to be the nominee, Trump will absolutely use that in campaign ads and if it's possible for any one thing to cost someone an election that will be it.

I remember hearing this in 2008 about how Obama will lose because of Rev Wright's godamn America tapes. Of course nobody cares

#1 Reverend Wright was not Obama.

#2 McCain refused to use Wright in campaign ads against Obama.

Still doesn't matter. Remember Trump's grab em by the pussy tape? Voters dont give a shít. As long as Trump remains unpopular, and the economy sucks....voters will vote for the other guy no matter how ethically challenged they are. Though of course this isnt an endorsement of their policies nor permission for a mandate
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2019, 12:53:34 PM »

It’s a waste of time and resources. I saw nothing about competing in states with high black and brown working class populations that would flip decades before these other states. Bernie is a megalomaniac who has learned nothing in the past three years. He still thinks he is the poor white Republican whisperer.
Yes, Sanders's pollster is a complete idiot and utterly delusional

Anyway, here's a quote from Barack Obama's 2008 Campaign Manager, David Plouffe:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/06/obamas_50_state_strategy.html

Note that this article was written prior to the Financial Crisis.

Member when the Clinton camp sent monies and resources to Utah of all places:

Clinton campaign eyes ‘expansion states’ of Utah, Arizona and Georgia
By Anne Gearan October 12, 2016

junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2019, 01:04:50 PM »

The quote from an article said he is going to try to make a play for those states and says nothing about a 50 state strategy.
How is this any different from a 50-state strategy?

The establishment faction of the Dem party is so used to losing so they'd rather just shrug their shoulders and write off half the country summed up in a new inspiring message to a generation of younger voters seeking a new political philosophy: "Don't try"
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2019, 01:47:32 PM »

Such a nice break from when Hillary struggled to fill the janitors closet during her campaign events

junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2019, 03:52:36 PM »

Hope other candidates bring up the age issue directly and don't dance around it. Would you trust a 79 year old surgeon to perform on you? Like the President they also make life and death decisions.

If age is such a big deal then why is nobody calling for Ginsburg and Breyer to resign?
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2019, 06:41:44 PM »

Bernie raised 1 million dollars in 3.5 hours......

Its up to $3.3 million now and theres still 6 hours

junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2019, 05:13:10 PM »

I’m going to say right now if Bernie Sanders or Kamala Harris is the Democratic nominee I will enthusiastically back either candidate. But I believe strongly that Bernie is the only one who can bring about instituional change in our government and the way of doing things in our country, and I believe he can even reach out to many Republicans (and even some Trump voters) with that message, which contrary to what BRTD or others think isn’t a bad thing.

That makes no sense as Bernie is to the left of Harris.

I'd obviously vote for any Democrat in the general election too, including Bernie and Harris but I prefer Bernie because he is more progressive.

https://progressivepunch.org/scores.htm?house=senate

Lolol at any rating system that says Booker is more progressive than Bernie Sanders

It was just reported the other day that former Rep. Joe Crowley has joined a K street lobbying firm and this is of course after he signed on to the Medicare for all bill and adopted a number of AOCs positions before losing to her. Now the Dems are trying the same thing with Booker and Harris (to his credit....Biden is still an unabashed centrist shill promising to keep the dream of the 90s alive if elected). Everyone knows whats up....the Dem party's long running scam is too obvious now. Voters arent falling for it like they fell for it with Bill Clinton and Obama. Everyone knows it's a scam and they arent ever going to go through with far reaching legislation regardless of what that garbage website and its score says
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2019, 07:28:13 AM »

In effect, Sanders has just hired the first Muslim-American Presidential campaign manager.

His white working class support will now skyrocket from this populist pick.

You criticise him for doing too much to appeal to the WWC.

Now you're criticising him for picking a Muslim campaign manager.

You people will literally criticise him over every single thing he does.

I forgot, Saint Bernard can do no wrong.

bernard did plenty of wrong. first of all...hes trying to act all relevant by talking  about issues and such. as we all know...nobody must question the party apparatus by promising anything different that did not test good with focus groups that predicted a hillary landslide in 2016 (until russia, comey, emails). Harris has spent years training for this election and Sanders has digscraced himself by being authentic and chit and must immediately scede ground to Harris and her acting coach
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2019, 01:30:31 PM »

"Just sent out an email for people to be respectful during the campaign"

"Oh yeah, well you got the endorsement from the NRA and have a Stein voter as a co-chair. Nothing has changed."

Sensing a huge disconnect.

Actions speak louder than words.

Hey Obama boy....leave us Bernie bros alone
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2019, 01:42:03 PM »

"Oh yeah, well you got the endorsement from the NRA and have a Stein voter as a co-chair. Nothing has changed."

False equivalency but ok.

Yawn...Every election is the same tired out talking points exchanged between competing factions and parties that have existed since the beginning of politics. Something something sexism something something racism something something other side this otherside that blah blah blah

LL is pretending to care about the actions of one side because he wants his side to win. Meanwhile his side was dishing out the same recycled garbage a decade ago
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2019, 02:51:13 PM »

Yawn...Every election is the same tired out talking points exchanged between competing factions and parties that have existed since the beginning of politics. Something something sexism something something racism something something other side this otherside that blah blah blah

LL is pretending to care about the actions of one side because he wants his side to win. Meanwhile his side was dishing out the same recycled garbage a decade ago
I mean, you Bernie Bros were pretty misogynistic during the primary. I'm not saying you were misogynistic, but a lot of people in your group would harass supporters of Hillary Clinton with hateful language.

Like I said...they said the same thing about the last guy. Every election...its the same stuff said over and over but of course this time...''its different...I mean your side really went far this time!''
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2019, 03:16:48 PM »

I mean, you Bernie Bros were pretty misogynistic during the primary. I'm not saying you were misogynistic, but a lot of people in your group would harass supporters of Hillary Clinton with hateful language.

Like I said...they said the same thing about the last guy. Every election...its the same stuff said over and over but of course this time...''its different...I mean your side really went far this time!''

Why do Bernie supporters keep linking this article as if it's proof of their case? Hillary Clinton faced sexism from overenthusiastic supporters of her main male opponent in the primaries both times.

Source: was around for both campaigns.

Because everyone is pretending to care in order to get one over the other side. If you identify with the Biden/Harris/Clinton faction then you'll look the other way and make accusations against the other side that your own side has engaged in. For example...Sanders is characterized as racist but meanwhile look at Biden's Congressional record, or Harris's DA record, or Clinton's racist campaign against Obama in 2008. But of course...if that's your side then you'll just look the other way or excuse it. But what lies at the heart of it is you want your side to win so you find ways to rationalize and explain it away by pointing out what the other side has done.

Is there misogyny and racism in some Sanders supporters? Oh I'm sure there is... but if you hate him...you can dig deep enough to find it even when its not there (Same goes for every political faction) and interpret any event/or comment to fit that narrative.

Also Suburban Elitist...have you taken a good look at your party and the guy who runs it? (Trump) Really rich for you to go around characterizing others as misogynisic. Opps...see what I did there?
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2019, 06:58:41 PM »

junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2019, 10:08:34 PM »

junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2019, 07:46:33 PM »

Not going to lie, it looks like Bernie's momentum is unstoppable. That announcement couldn't have been more perfect. I still think Biden would edge him in a primary RN, but that could easily change
It's February

Yeah, Biden’s gearing up for a run and he very well may have an even better announcement.

The announcement is meaningless. Nobody should fool themselves into thinking the public cares about any of that stuff. Biden has a very real chance of winning the nomination because nobody's gonna care about his platform, positions, or record. Just lol when Atlas says: "Just wait till his record is exposed." Dude...nobody cares. Northam has a higher approval rating with blacks AFTER the blackface scandal than with whites. The idea that Biden's gonna "be exposed," or his latent racist record used against him is nonsense. The voters dont give a shít.

Here's to hoping he's a paper tiger who implodes but be prepared for another Northam chosen over Pierello situation.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2019, 02:48:12 PM »

Bernie hires Brie Joy and David Sirota.

So much for unity lol.

Unity only exists in the political nerdosphere.

The voters dont care
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2019, 05:50:31 PM »

Some people are taking this way too seriously. No one cares who Bernie hires for his campaign

Winning internet arguments is serious bizness in these parts of the forum spheres
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2019, 05:13:33 PM »

Harris is the type of candidate that consultants think would be a shoe in but in real life shes a dud.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2019, 07:11:55 PM »

This is all on you Bernie. Look in the mirror tonight and see why the violence continues to occur.

DNC bot is on the frirz again
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2019, 03:52:37 PM »

Bernie raised $46.3 million through Q2, from 746,000 donors.

His average donation was therefore 46,300,000 / 746,000 = $62.06

But that doesn't sound as grassrootsy, salt-of-the-earth-y, working-class-y as $11, does it?

wrong again GenMacArthur...that's that extra monies from the FAFSA disbursement kicking in from the summer semester.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies