Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:03:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 127873 times)
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: January 26, 2019, 06:47:19 PM »

Looking forward to all the BernieBros refusing to vote for some equally progressive dem when Bernie loses the primary.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 07:06:12 PM »

Looking forward to all the BernieBros refusing to vote for some equally progressive dem when Bernie loses the primary.

It's been repeated countless times, but I'll say it again: More Sanders 2016 supporters voted for Clinton that Clinton 2008 supporters voted for Obama.

OK? 2008 was a huge realignment for most old southern democrats, moving into the republican fold.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 12:48:46 AM »

Looking forward to all the establishment hacks flocking to the Howard Schultz/Michael Bloomberg independence ticket when Bernie Sanders crushes all comers in the Democratic primary.
Is that why he is at 16% with universal name rec, behind creepy uncle joe?
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2019, 07:39:51 PM »

MUH BERNIE IS WAY FURTHER LEFT THAN WARREN
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2019, 03:17:45 PM »

I dont get why everyone is so opposed to his candidacy.
He is old and a lot of people don't like the way he conducted himself when he was mathematically eliminated from the nomination. We don't owe him anything. I'd like to leave the 2016 primary in the past. He would be a terrible president anyway. Warren would be much more competent.

I should have phrased that differently. I dont know why an overrepresented amount of people on Twitter and Atlas seem to oppose his candidacy. Polling would disagree with your statement.

Also, while Warren is a pretty good policy wonk, she has the charisma of a brick(this is coming from one of her adoring constituents). If the Left is depending on Warren to be the standard bearer, then the Left has a problem.
Polling is just name recognition. It doesn't mean anything.

Sanders is not winning the primary and he's not going to get close to winning.

The arguement of "Name Rec" is starting to fall apart, especially when you look at the current name rec numbers.

Ill be using the most recent Morning Consult numbers:

(Never heard Of)
Biden- about 5%
Sanders- about 5%
Harris- 21%
Warren- 14%
Booker- 27%
Beto- 33%

At this point, most of the challengers are getting pretty well known, and still, the numbers havent really changed besides the increase by Harris. We havent seen them debate and campaign, but that could also have a positive or negative effect on both Biden and Sanders' campaign.

So no, its not just name rec.

I also dont see how Sanders isnt going to win. He has one of the better starts in the primary, and a much easier coalition he can piece together due to how the delegate system works.
... So you are just gonna ignore that Biden has a double-digit lead to start with?
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2019, 08:25:28 PM »

I dont get why everyone is so opposed to his candidacy.
He is old and a lot of people don't like the way he conducted himself when he was mathematically eliminated from the nomination. We don't owe him anything. I'd like to leave the 2016 primary in the past. He would be a terrible president anyway. Warren would be much more competent.

I should have phrased that differently. I dont know why an overrepresented amount of people on Twitter and Atlas seem to oppose his candidacy. Polling would disagree with your statement.

Also, while Warren is a pretty good policy wonk, she has the charisma of a brick(this is coming from one of her adoring constituents). If the Left is depending on Warren to be the standard bearer, then the Left has a problem.
Polling is just name recognition. It doesn't mean anything.

Sanders is not winning the primary and he's not going to get close to winning.

The arguement of "Name Rec" is starting to fall apart, especially when you look at the current name rec numbers.

Ill be using the most recent Morning Consult numbers:

(Never heard Of)
Biden- about 5%
Sanders- about 5%
Harris- 21%
Warren- 14%
Booker- 27%
Beto- 33%

At this point, most of the challengers are getting pretty well known, and still, the numbers havent really changed besides the increase by Harris. We havent seen them debate and campaign, but that could also have a positive or negative effect on both Biden and Sanders' campaign.

So no, its not just name rec.

I also dont see how Sanders isnt going to win. He has one of the better starts in the primary, and a much easier coalition he can piece together due to how the delegate system works.
... So you are just gonna ignore that Biden has a double-digit lead to start with?

I didnt phrase that correctly, thats my bad. What I mean is that, I dont see how Sanders has no chance to win, as some on the forum are saying. I dont think Sanders is guaranteed the nomination, just that he has a pretty strong start for it.
definitely, especially if Warren gets out early.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2019, 03:07:09 PM »

Even the Anti-Bernie crowd has to admit no candidate in history has had so much excitement over their announcement.

It’s ALL OVER Facebook, and Bernie is smashing records left and right.
I recall Obama's announcement being much more exciting, lol.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2019, 03:12:36 PM »

I'm glad he's running. Bernie's candidacy should be allowed to collapse on its own and not be the result of intimidation from the establishment.
LMAO at you implying the establishment is gonna behave this time.
It actually seems like it will at least be fairer this time. Candidates like Yang and Delaney will be allowed on the debate stage, and super delegates have little to no effect now.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2019, 03:55:39 PM »

I looked at Bernie's platform and basically it's the same of almost all of the other Democratic candidates.

Why is Bernie different? What makes him special?

He's just an egotistical and narcissistic old man that will NEVER be President no matter how hard he tries.

I’m pretty damn convinced you’re a troll now.
Please. I'm a troll because I don't like Bernie?

You're gonna be surprised to see how Bernie's campaign crashes and fails like it did in 2016.

You’re a troll because you can ask with a straight face how Sanders platform is different from, for instance, Joe Biden or Cory Booker or Amy Klobuchar.

And for dismissing the candidate with perhaps, as of right now, the best chance at becoming the Democratic nominee (in an obviously crowded and chaotic field).
>best chance
>behind by double digits in most polls
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2019, 01:36:19 PM »

I am starting to consider if Bernie is the best nominee... because the berniebros won't vote for anyone besides him.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2019, 07:21:32 AM »

In effect, Sanders has just hired the first Muslim-American Presidential campaign manager.

His white working class support will now skyrocket from this populist pick.

You criticise him for doing too much to appeal to the WWC.

Now you're criticising him for picking a Muslim campaign manager.

You people will literally criticise him over every single thing he does.

I forgot, Saint Bernard can do no wrong.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2019, 04:07:53 PM »

There appears to be a very loud yet tiny minority on the left that regurgitates neoliberal media talking points, they seem to have a strong presence on this board, but ultimately I believe sanders will sweep this primary in a trumpian fashion.
It truly baffles me how Bernie bros will ignore all polls and facts all to protect their dear Saint Bernard. Bernie's path involves winning narrowly in a split primary, he will not be dominating and I think you know that, lol.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2019, 04:22:59 PM »

There appears to be a very loud yet tiny minority on the left that regurgitates neoliberal media talking points, they seem to have a strong presence on this board, but ultimately I believe sanders will sweep this primary in a trumpian fashion.
It truly baffles me how Bernie bros will ignore all polls and facts all to protect their dear Saint Bernard. Bernie's path involves winning narrowly in a split primary, he will not be dominating and I think you know that, lol.
You mean like the dailykos poll where he got 40%
No, I mean every other poll where he trails Biden (who hasn't even announced) by 10 points.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2019, 04:35:39 PM »

You mean like the dailykos poll where he got 40%
No, I mean every other poll where he trails Biden (who hasn't even announced) by 10 points.

Are you willing to bet that Biden does better in the primaries than Bernie? Because I would definitely bet against that.
Not necessarily, I think the polls will narrow eventually as both Biden and Bernie lose support to other candidates, but suggesting Bernie could win in a "Trumpian fashion" is obviously not possible. If I had a gun to my head, I would say Biden performs better, though.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2019, 05:00:12 PM »

Not going to lie, it looks like Bernie's momentum is unstoppable. That announcement couldn't have been more perfect. I still think Biden would edge him in a primary RN, but that could easily change
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2019, 04:30:31 PM »

Not going to lie, it looks like Bernie's momentum is unstoppable. That announcement couldn't have been more perfect. I still think Biden would edge him in a primary RN, but that could easily change
It's February

Yeah, Biden’s gearing up for a run and he very well may have an even better announcement.

The announcement is meaningless. Nobody should fool themselves into thinking the public cares about any of that stuff. Biden has a very real chance of winning the nomination because nobody's gonna care about his platform, positions, or record. Just lol when Atlas says: "Just wait till his record is exposed." Dude...nobody cares. Northam has a higher approval rating with blacks AFTER the blackface scandal than with whites. The idea that Biden's gonna "be exposed," or his latent racist record used against him is nonsense. The voters dont give a shít.

Here's to hoping he's a paper tiger who implodes but be prepared for another Northam chosen over Pierello situation.
ye. Trump basically nullifies any MeToo stuff anyway, since he cant use that attack line.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2019, 09:29:32 PM »

Bernie got owned!

Of course, this tweet has 0 context, which I shall provide.

1. We dont actually have the crowd size yet, which is to be reported tomorrow. The number used(13K) is an estimate made by Buzzfeed. Other groups have estimated 19K, 15K, and 25K.
https://heavy.com/news/2019/03/bernie-sanders-brooklyn-rally-crowd-size-photos-how-many/

2. The rally was held after a snowstorm.

3. This is just my opinion, but it seems disingenuous to only use the population of Oakland, and then use the population for the NYC area. The bay Area has around 9 Million people.

Anyway, this is, of course, a really flawed comparison. Especially considering Sanders is hosting his rally in a state he lost in 2016, whereas Harris is holding it in her own homestate.

1. If we take the average of those four estimates, it ends up being 18k, still lower than Kamala's 22k.

2. Fair point, but to be honest snow isn't a huge deterrent for this type of stuff, particularly in NYC.

3. By that logic, shouldn't we count the entire NYC area of 17,000,000 as Bernie's potential crowd?
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2019, 08:18:32 PM »

That clip is less than a minute of an interview that was a half-hour long, FYI. Plenty of the interview went fine, and he definitely seemed more comfortable in most of the interview than in those particular 40 seconds.

Anyway, Sanders doesn't seem to be taking much rest after 5 rallies. He'll have another 3 in the next four days. Two tomorrow in NH, and one in SC on the 14th (good to see that he's not going to be writing off SC this time.) Even those who don't like him have to admit, it's impressive that a 77 year-old can do this many rallies in such a short period of time.
I honestly don't have a problem with the age thing. I am lean Biden, after all. We have so many medicines these days, and I just don't see him dying as president.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2019, 10:06:34 PM »

Am I the only one who truly had gained respect for Bernie to have the balls to go out on record with that (IMO correct) position? I am moving to Lean Biden from Likely.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2019, 06:44:29 PM »

I’m probably the only Hillary ‘08, Bernie ‘16 supporter in existence? Lol.  Tears of joy
Kyle Kulinski, essentially the left's Ben Shapiro, voted this way as well haha
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2019, 10:48:51 PM »

Bernie gotta stop just eliminating the debt of things he dont like
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies