Virginia megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 09:15:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Virginia megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 [58]
Poll
Question: Would Democrats be driving Northam from office for his Yearbook Page if the Lt. Gov was a Republican?
Yes, of course, they're Massive FFs

No, of course; they're not going to let a Republican undo what they've accomplished.

They'd be deeply divided on the issue.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 139

Author Topic: Virginia megathread  (Read 69829 times)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1425 on: May 22, 2019, 01:44:52 PM »

Live look at Virginia Republicans

fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #1426 on: May 22, 2019, 01:48:57 PM »

Virginia Dems don't care, they'll gladly keep Governor and AG blackface.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1427 on: May 22, 2019, 01:51:21 PM »

And Republicans will gladly keep President some white supremacists are very fine people.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #1428 on: May 22, 2019, 04:10:58 PM »

Virginia Republicans nominated an actual alt-right candidate for Senate last year, but okay.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #1429 on: May 22, 2019, 04:18:07 PM »

And Republicans will gladly keep President some white supremacists are very fine people.

Virginia Republicans nominated an actual alt-right candidate for Senate last year, but okay.

I guess Dems gave up on "when they go low, we go high".

VA Dems have no room to call the VA GOP racist when they're still remaining silent on actual racists like Ralph Northam and Mark Herring.
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #1430 on: May 22, 2019, 04:21:38 PM »

VA Dems have no room to call the VA GOP racist when they're still remaining silent on actual racists like Ralph Northam and Mark Herring.

Almost every prominent Democrat (in Virginia or otherwise) called for Northam to resign. What else are they supposed to do, stage a coup and throw him out on the street like this is a 3rd world dictatorship?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1431 on: May 22, 2019, 04:23:19 PM »

Let me give you some pearls to clutch.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #1432 on: May 22, 2019, 04:26:55 PM »

I'm not the one defending this:

Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #1433 on: May 22, 2019, 04:32:22 PM »

You've made up an imaginary strawman. no serious person has tried to defend that photo, it's inexcusable and disgusting. and while I wasn't a fan of Northam to begin with, I 100% believe he should have resigned over that. now, if a Republican politician had done this, I guarantee you there'd be plenty of fellow Republicans defending that person. right-wingers only care about racism when they can use it to smear the other side.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #1434 on: May 22, 2019, 04:44:47 PM »

You've made up an imaginary strawman. no serious person has tried to defend that photo, it's inexcusable and disgusting. and while I wasn't a fan of Northam to begin with, I 100% believe he should have resigned over that. now, if a Republican politician had done this, I guarantee you there'd be plenty of fellow Republicans defending that person. right-wingers only care about racism when they can use it to smear the other side.

only care about racism when they can use it to smear the other side

Pot, meet kettle.
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #1435 on: May 22, 2019, 04:46:29 PM »

lol you voted for corey stewart
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #1436 on: May 22, 2019, 04:50:09 PM »

Find me a photo where Corey Stewart is in a photo with blackface and a fellow in a KKK robe, then we'll talk.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #1437 on: May 22, 2019, 04:58:35 PM »

Find me a photo where Corey Stewart is in a photo with blackface and a fellow in a KKK robe, then we'll talk.

I've never seen a photo of, like, Richard Spencer in blackface either, doesn't make him any less a racist.

Also you conveniently ignored the point just because you want to keep the equivalency that makes you feel better- Democrats called for him to resign in droves. They can't stage a coup.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1438 on: May 22, 2019, 06:05:11 PM »
« Edited: May 22, 2019, 06:10:34 PM by X-Filed Away »

If there was a photo of Corey Stewart lynching someone, you’d say he was just honoring his cultural heritage.  You care about this as much as you do about victims of sexual assault which is to say that you don’t care at all except to the extent that it gives you an excuse to make false equivalencies in an attempt to “own teh libs.”
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1439 on: May 22, 2019, 06:18:05 PM »

After all these investigations and all this time...we still have not seen whether or not Northam can moonwalk
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #1440 on: May 22, 2019, 09:25:01 PM »

If there was a photo of Corey Stewart lynching someone, you’d say he was just honoring his cultural heritage.  You care about this as much as you do about victims of sexual assault which is to say that you don’t care at all except to the extent that it gives you an excuse to make false equivalencies in an attempt to “own teh libs.”

If there was a photo of Corey Stewart lynching someone, you’d say he was just honoring his cultural heritage.
You've got nothing to back that claim.

You care about this as much as you do about victims of sexual assault which is to say that you don’t care at all except to the extent that it gives you an excuse to make false equivalencies in an attempt to “own teh libs.”
You keep saying I don't care about victims of sexual assault, yet can't cite a single instance where I have ever suggested that.

It's also not relevant to the thread.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #1441 on: May 22, 2019, 09:44:10 PM »

If there was a photo of Corey Stewart lynching someone, you’d say he was just honoring his cultural heritage.

You care about this as much as you do about victims of sexual assault which is to say that you don’t care at all except to the extent that it gives you an excuse to make false equivalencies in an attempt to “own teh libs.”
You keep saying I don't care about victims of sexual assault, yet can't cite a single instance where I have ever suggested that.

The evidence is of the lady you apparently idolize in your signature. The same lady that blamed women's outfits for them being targets of sexual assaults.

Agreeing with someone on a quote that is accurate about feminism and someone who rightfully led a fight against a bad amendment doesn't mean I don't care about victims of sexual assault. Suggesting so is arguing in bad faith on your part (as well as jdb's).
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1442 on: May 22, 2019, 09:59:06 PM »

The evidence is of the lady you apparently idolize in your signature. The same lady that blamed women's outfits for them being targets of sexual assaults.

Agreeing with someone on a quote that is accurate about feminism and someone who rightfully led a fight against a bad amendment doesn't mean I don't care about victims of sexual assault. Suggesting so is arguing in bad faith on your part (as well as jdb's).

Phyllis Schlafly was entirely correct about ERA.  Unfortunately, she was not correct in her opposition to marital rape laws.

On the other hand, it is cheap and unfair to state that someone doesn't care about sexual assault victims because one admires Phyllis Schlafly.  There are lots of public officials I would vote for under any number of circumstances who have made statements at times in their public life that I can't buy into.  Phyllis Schlafly was very wrong on marital rape, but very much right on ERA.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1443 on: May 23, 2019, 12:52:01 PM »

Except the quote in your sig is inaccurate and the ERA remains a badly needed Constitutional Amendment.  Also, you're the last person on Atlas who should be accusing anyone of arguing in bad faith.  It's basically all you've done in this thread.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #1444 on: May 23, 2019, 01:02:57 PM »

Except the quote in your sig is inaccurate
You're entitled to that opinion, however there's plenty of evidence today that suggests it is accurate.

and the ERA remains a badly needed Constitutional Amendment.
No, it's completely unnecessary. There's not a single right women today would obtain with the ERA that they don't already have now.

Also, you're the last person on Atlas who should be accusing anyone of arguing in bad faith.  It's basically all you've done in this thread.
Says the guy making irrelevant, and unsupported claims that I don't care about sexual assault victims. The fact that you even chose to go that route speaks more on your inability to defend your position on the fact that Gov. Ralph Northam is racist and dems don't care, than it does on anything I've said here.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1445 on: May 23, 2019, 01:32:51 PM »

You're entitled to that opinion, however there's plenty of evidence today that suggests it is accurate.

No, it's completely unnecessary. There's not a single right women today would obtain with the ERA that they don't already have now.

Also, you're the last person on Atlas who should be accusing anyone of arguing in bad faith.  It's basically all you've done in this thread.
Says the guy making irrelevant, and unsupported claims that I don't care about sexual assault victims. The fact that you even chose to go that route speaks more on your inability to defend your position on the fact that Gov. Ralph Northam is racist and dems don't care, than it does on anything I've said here.

Nah, irrelevant and unsupported claims are stuff like when you try to smear people you disagree with by spreading false rumors that they’re alcoholics.  I’m just pointing out an unpleasant fact about you which is not too different from the hypocrisy of your bad faith arguments in this thread.  It’s been pretty obvious for a while that you don’t care about victims of sexual assault unless it lets you attempt to #OwnTehLibs
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #1446 on: May 23, 2019, 02:16:39 PM »

Nah, irrelevant and unsupported claims are stuff like when you try to smear people you disagree with by spreading false rumors that they’re alcoholics.  I’m just pointing out an unpleasant fact about you which is not too different from the hypocrisy of your bad faith arguments in this thread.  It’s been pretty obvious for a while that you don’t care about victims of sexual assault unless it lets you attempt to #OwnTehLibs

I've been sexually assaulted before. That was the reason for my multiple suicide attempts in my teens that your friend Badger thought was wise to say "no one likes a quitter" and make jokes about the methods I used to attempt it. But hey, according to you and several of his other forum buddies, his behavior was perfectly acceptable, so no harm, right?

I get it, you want to defend your friend who has said significantly worse than anything I've ever said to him on this forum, rather than stick to arguments relevant to the thread. You're entitled to that. If you want to continue claiming that I don't care about victims of sexual assault, by all means, go for it. Just proves that birds gonna feather really do flock together.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 [58]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies