Amy Klobuchar 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:18:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Amy Klobuchar 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 21
Author Topic: Amy Klobuchar 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 30616 times)
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: February 11, 2019, 04:49:29 PM »

People who bully and antagonize their staff are not leadership material IMHO.

100% this - her supporters should be ashamed of themselves. Have no moral credibility to attack Trump.
Yes because this woman who yelled at some people is just as bad as the guy who has at least 19 accusations of sexual harassment, assault, and/or rape, and has bragged about doing as such on tape.

Klobuchar's exceptionally tough to work for, and that's not great. While it's not great, it's nowhere near equivalent to Trump's misconduct, some of which may be literally criminal.

We should not be using Donald Trump as our minimum standard.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #176 on: February 11, 2019, 08:23:36 PM »

lol.. the people who are unironically complaining about her having this outside.

Personally I would've loved it if someone complained loudly while she was talking and she just picked up a snowball and whipped it at their face and called them a whining sack of dirty baby diapers.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #177 on: February 11, 2019, 11:00:47 PM »

I think she'll be my candidate. She's level-headed, experienced, and no BS. We need this now more than ever.

Let's make it happen, folks.

Yep. She's the right person to take on Trump. She's not perfect, she's not my dream candidate, but she can win against Trump and move things in the right direction. That's the important stuff.

An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #178 on: February 12, 2019, 12:34:19 AM »

lol.. the people who are unironically complaining about her having this outside.

Personally I would've loved it if someone complained loudly while she was talking and she just picked up a snowball and whipped it at their face and called them a whining sack of dirty baby diapers.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #179 on: February 13, 2019, 12:49:16 AM »

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/429725-klobuchar-raises-1-million-online-after-announcing-white-house-bid

You must be logged in to read this quote.
ViaActiva

« Reply #180 on: February 13, 2019, 08:15:38 PM »

People bully others due to insecurity and/or arrogance, these are not qualities that any leader let alone the President of the United States needs.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #181 on: February 13, 2019, 08:39:28 PM »

I still find it odd that Klobuchar of all people has a controversy like this. She seems like such a nice, benign, Midwestern person.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #182 on: February 13, 2019, 09:07:50 PM »

I still find it odd that Klobuchar of all people has a controversy like this. She seems like such a nice, benign, Midwestern person.

She does have that "can I speak to the manager" haircut
Webnicz
United States

« Reply #183 on: February 13, 2019, 10:12:30 PM »

omg I didn’t take much into account about the staff issues but after reading this I completely understand all of it
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #184 on: February 14, 2019, 09:43:02 AM »

Sexism<3
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #185 on: February 14, 2019, 09:45:16 AM »

Sexism<3

Treating your staff like garbage and getting off without proper criticism because you present as a nice lil ole Midwestern lady who couldn't hurt nobody<3
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #186 on: February 14, 2019, 09:55:04 AM »

Sexism<3

Treating your staff like garbage and getting off without proper criticism because you present as a nice lil ole Midwestern lady who couldn't hurt nobody<3

No one should be using her haircut—jokingly, “cleverly,” or however—to debunk that perception. It’s not funny, contributes to the conversation degenerating into vague “I-just-have-a-feeling” sexist accusations, and needs to stop. I’m not sorry.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #187 on: February 14, 2019, 10:02:48 AM »

No one should be using her haircut—jokingly, “cleverly,” or however—to debunk that perception. It’s not funny, contributes to the conversation degenerating into vague “I-just-have-a-feeling” sexist accusations, and needs to stop. I’m not sorry.

I definitely think there's a lot more substance to it than "I just have a feeling."

She can be joked about, especially if she plans on painting herself as the alternative to the biggest bully to ever serve as President of the United States. There are real questions about her character, and she deserves to be scrutinized for that. A joke is not scrutiny.

In other words, you're taking a joke too seriously and being far too cavalier about serious allegations.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #188 on: February 14, 2019, 11:42:53 AM »

Welp, I'm in love, changing my signature in support of her candidacy. She has the charisma, very strong electability and midwestern charm, plus it seems she would be the candidate I would agree on most issues. The snow was just too populist for the beach snobs here it seems.

She is a neoliberal so-called centrist who opposes Universal healthcare (hasn't supported any form of it forget Medicare for all), Free College or most progressive measures. Her goal is to work with Republicans. Ideologically she is near Joe Biden than a Kamala Harris, forget Elizabeth Warren.

She is a charming lady & talented & all but she is not @ ideologically in tune with the Dem base
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #189 on: February 14, 2019, 11:34:19 PM »

I definitely think there's a lot more substance to it than "I just have a feeling."

She can be joked about, especially if she plans on painting herself as the alternative to the biggest bully to ever serve as President of the United States. There are real questions about her character, and she deserves to be scrutinized for that. A joke is not scrutiny.

In other words, you're taking a joke too seriously and being far too cavalier about serious allegations.
Ah yes.  When someone criticizes dear Kirsten, it's "creepy"... but Amy deserves to be "scrutinized"

Roll Eyes
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #190 on: February 14, 2019, 11:35:13 PM »

Sexism<3

As opposed to your cute lil blonde sweetie from Upstate?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #191 on: February 14, 2019, 11:36:43 PM »

Misogyny much?
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #192 on: February 14, 2019, 11:48:50 PM »

Misogyny much?

As someone who works retail, I can confirm it’s true.
Thunder98 🇮🇱 🤝 🇵🇸
Thunder98
United States

P P P
« Reply #193 on: February 15, 2019, 04:23:14 PM »

Klobuchar to visit Eau Claire, WI tomorrow. She is already visiting WI more than Hillary did than the entire 2016 GE cycle.

https://www.weau.com/content/news/Klobuchar-to-make-presidential-campaign-stop-in-Eau-Claire-505867041.html
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #194 on: February 15, 2019, 05:25:43 PM »

Klobuchar to visit Eau Claire, WI tomorrow. She is already visiting WI more than Hillary did than the entire 2016 GE cycle.

https://www.weau.com/content/news/Klobuchar-to-make-presidential-campaign-stop-in-Eau-Claire-505867041.html

FF Purple heart
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #195 on: February 17, 2019, 06:36:45 PM »

Popping back in after a few days to say Snowguy's crusade to individually reply to all of my posts in this thread, along with several other posts of mine in other threads, might be one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Not sure if he was just having a bad day or if he's got a thing for me or something, but it's kind of sad. Keep your head up, fella. No hard feelings.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #196 on: April 22, 2019, 10:35:49 PM »

An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #197 on: April 22, 2019, 11:03:12 PM »

Her campaign is making me really sad. Demographically, she’d be a great match for Sanders, Biden, Beto, Booker, or Buttigieg, but between this and the staffing issues, her campaign is really falling flat.
Arturo Belano

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.43

« Reply #198 on: April 22, 2019, 11:14:32 PM »

LMAO. Did she unironically think that anybody cares about Michele Bachmann in the year of our Lord 2019?
James Monroe

« Reply #199 on: May 27, 2019, 06:11:54 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 21  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies