Amy Klobuchar 2020 campaign megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:01:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Amy Klobuchar 2020 campaign megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Amy Klobuchar 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 30619 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: February 06, 2019, 11:11:23 AM »

Pretty boring and uncharismatic, not really what we need against Trump. Maybe she will wow me during the primary, but I dont have high hopes for her.

This although she seems like a decent enough Senator.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 04:03:33 PM »

It's not just "the Democratic Party" though.  Klobuchar is notably more hawkish than everyone else in the 2020 Dem. field, even (like Hillary Clinton at one point) having been in favor of a no fly zone in Syria.

Gillibrand also co-sponsored the "Free" Syria Act with her.

She's par for the course for most Dems. Not that that's a good thing.

Gillibrand, unlike Klobuchar, voiced skepticism of the US being involved in Syria at all by 2015:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sen-gillibrand-obamas-syria-strategy-wont-work-long-term/

Gillibrand also sounded ambivalent about the US mission in Libya back in 2011:

https://observer.com/2011/03/on-libya-gillibrand-and-nadler-sound-different/

And of course, Gillibrand, like the majority of Senate Dems, was critical of both of Trump's attacks on the Assad regime for chemical weapons use, while Klobuchar called it "the right thing to do".

Klobuchar also voted for the anti-BDS bill, while nearly all of the other 2020 Dems voted against it.  None of the others running or looking to run for prez in 2020 are as hawkish as her, as far as I can tell.

Props to her, may have to give Klobuchar another look.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2019, 05:18:36 PM »

I love this woman, solely for being as tired of Buttigieg's **** as we all are.

Iowans seem to disagree with you Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2019, 11:24:01 PM »

It definitely looks like something is happening in Iowa.

Klobuchar just completed her 99 county tour with respectable crowds(especially in very republican areas) and just got a very large group tonight.

Side note: Love the boots.

edit: If anybody wants to watch the entire speech, heres a link.

https://www.facebook.com/amyklobuchar/videos/2493288857654585/

And that “something” is wishful thinking by #NeverPete folks.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2020, 03:42:43 PM »

Just a fun moment of levity, Klobuchar apparently has the ability to name all 50 states in 30 seconds. 

Well, now we know what she’s been doing instead of developing a message beyond “I’m from Minnesota”
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2020, 01:50:23 PM »

What would it take for Klobuchar to be able to stay in the race after NH?

Results-wise, I would think it would require Klobuchar to pass Biden, catch up to Warren, and be closer to Buttigieg.  The clear trend in NH is toward Sanders, and that appears to be a bit at the expense of Mayor Pete.

One thing that would help is some last minute endorsements from folks who would be expected to back Biden, but who believe Biden is too old and too flawed (at this point) as a candidate.  Biden LOOKS old, and having his son and him being dragged into the impeachment drama was hardly rejuvenating.  Biden doesn't have a lot of prominent endorsements as of now; many of his endorsements are political figures, but rather obscure ones.  What if some major endorsements were to suddenly come Klobuchar's way?  It's kind of late for that, but NH is a primary, and lots of folks could change their minds at the last minute. 

That's what would have to happen.  Honestly, I don't know where that would come from.  I believe that part of the problem is there are a number of Anyone But Sanders Dems who have put their hopes in Biden, but who are looking to Bloomberg as their fallback plan.  And in terms of strategy, this is sound, to the extent that Bloomberg won't run out of money.  If Bloomberg weren't in the race, I believe that those looking to bolt Biden for a better candidate would have already been in Klobuchar's camp. 

I trust Klobachar about as much as I trust Hillary.  Even Bloomberg would be better.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2020, 02:21:35 PM »

What would it take for Klobuchar to be able to stay in the race after NH?

Results-wise, I would think it would require Klobuchar to pass Biden, catch up to Warren, and be closer to Buttigieg.  The clear trend in NH is toward Sanders, and that appears to be a bit at the expense of Mayor Pete.

One thing that would help is some last minute endorsements from folks who would be expected to back Biden, but who believe Biden is too old and too flawed (at this point) as a candidate.  Biden LOOKS old, and having his son and him being dragged into the impeachment drama was hardly rejuvenating.  Biden doesn't have a lot of prominent endorsements as of now; many of his endorsements are political figures, but rather obscure ones.  What if some major endorsements were to suddenly come Klobuchar's way?  It's kind of late for that, but NH is a primary, and lots of folks could change their minds at the last minute. 

That's what would have to happen.  Honestly, I don't know where that would come from.  I believe that part of the problem is there are a number of Anyone But Sanders Dems who have put their hopes in Biden, but who are looking to Bloomberg as their fallback plan.  And in terms of strategy, this is sound, to the extent that Bloomberg won't run out of money.  If Bloomberg weren't in the race, I believe that those looking to bolt Biden for a better candidate would have already been in Klobuchar's camp. 

I trust Klobachar about as much as I trust Hillary.  Even Bloomberg would be better.

Klobuchar is, I believe, the most electable candidate in the race against Trump, except for (maybe) Bloomberg, and that's because of Bloomberg's immense fortune.

Part of what Pete and Bernie have going for them is that there are a significant number of folks that are excited about voting for them rather than simply against someone else.  Trump too has folks excited to vote for him.  I've seen no evidence that Klob is exciting folks in the same way.

I'd argue electability goes in the following order:

1. Pete
2. Bernie

3. Bloomberg

4. Biden

5. Klob

6. Warren
7. Yang
8. Steyer
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2020, 03:15:37 PM »

Part of what Pete and Bernie have going for them is that there are a significant number of folks that are excited about voting for them rather than simply against someone else.

Exactly. I can just imagine that Pete would be my friend, you know, like the mayor next door, which makes me excited because he is so smart and charismatic, and I like to have friends like that because it makes me feel smart and charismatic too and actualizes me.

anyone who votes for pete buttigeg doesnt belong in the democratic party.

Hes a liar. a fraud. has no regard for human being and will do anything to screw over people to get a job.

Couldn't even go a full week without posting here, huh?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2020, 11:47:11 AM »

Why?

Anecdotally, I've heard Amy has a weak ground game in NV, while Buttigieg has a stronger one there.

Jon Ralston said pretty much the same thing IIRC.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2020, 05:26:24 PM »

if she does poorly in nevada (i.e. no delegates) she should probably drop out, or else she actually ironically hurts the chances of a moderate winning the nomination

Given Warren and Biden are toast, I submit that buttigieg is simply not electable, why should she be the one to drop out are you saying we should rally around Bloomberg?
i said if she does poorly in nevada. in that case her momentum is halted and staying in the race while having single digit support would just take away from the rest of the more viable moderates. she also has no minority support when we're already multiple states in. i'm simply saying that for the moderate wing of the party, it would be in their best interests to rally around a candidate before bernie starts running away with the nomination

My point Remains the Same even if she does poorly in Nevada. At that point Warren and Biden are toast more than ever, buttigieg still remains unelectable in November, and that leaves us by my count.... Bloomberg?

So my question Remains the Same.

I mean, I’d argue Pete’s the most electable candidate and Klobouchar’s electability is highly overrated at best, but here’s what I’ll say: Ohio votes after Super Tuesday, right?  Why not hold off making a decision between Pete and Klobouchar until after Super Tuesday?  If Pete can’t make inroads with Hispanics or African-Americans by then, he’s screwed anyway.  Klobuchar even more so because she lacks his national organization.  Why not see who is more viable after Super Tuesday?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2020, 07:13:18 PM »

Why is she still in this race? If she doesn't drop out after Super Tuesday she deserves a binder thrown at her.

She will, as will Warren. Buttigieg and Bloomberg, especially the latter, are question marks.

Buttigieg has already suspended his campaign.

I'm not convinced Bloomberg is done.

Same, also for her.

I suspect one of these two is gonna just be a protest run like Kasich's campaign. If Biden doesn't win Oklahoma, I suspect she will.

She'll probably be what Sanders was in 2016.

I would not be shocked if Bloomberg asks Klobuchar to be his VP candidate as a jolt to his campaign.

After all, eminently hatable scumbags with the charisma of a moldy wheel of cheese gotta stick together.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2020, 07:33:02 PM »

Why is she still in this race? If she doesn't drop out after Super Tuesday she deserves a binder thrown at her.

She will, as will Warren. Buttigieg and Bloomberg, especially the latter, are question marks.

Buttigieg has already suspended his campaign.

I'm not convinced Bloomberg is done.

Same, also for her.

I suspect one of these two is gonna just be a protest run like Kasich's campaign. If Biden doesn't win Oklahoma, I suspect she will.

She'll probably be what Sanders was in 2016.

I would not be shocked if Bloomberg asks Klobuchar to be his VP candidate as a jolt to his campaign.

After all, eminently hatable scumbags with the charisma of a moldy wheel of cheese gotta stick together.

It would be the Moderate Hero ticket to stop Sanders that so many Dems are clamoring for to save the party from Sanders.  Although I suppose such a move would compel Biden to name Warren as HIS VP.  (And she'd accept; her campaign is dying.)

Republican plutocrats need not apply for the Democratic nomination for...well...anything.  And I don't want Klobuchar's delusional, egomaniacal megalomania anywhere near the White House.  The episode of Veep where Selina shuts off her own mother's life support because she thinks it'll boost her in the polls pretty much sums up my view of Klobuchar.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies