1976: America's Reaction Gameplay Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:44:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  1976: America's Reaction Gameplay Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 1976: America's Reaction Gameplay Thread  (Read 2601 times)
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2019, 08:01:36 PM »

December Schedule for Senator Brooke

December 1st-4th

Senator Duties in Washington D.C.

Senator Brooke introduces a new Act, the Corruption Investigation and Removal Act, with the help of Senator Biden of Delaware, which will allow independent investigations of all Presidential Campaigns and all of Congress and the Presidential Cabinet to end corruption in the Government for good :

Senate Majority Leader Mansfield, I rise today in order to introduce new Legislation that I hope passes both chambers of Congress and will be signed into law by President Ford. With the help of Senator Biden of Delaware, I can now announce the creation of the Corruption Investigation and Removal Act (CIR). What this legislation will do will allow the creation of a completely independent investigation of all 538 members of the current and future congresses, as well as independent investigations of the current and future Presidential Cabinets and the Independent investigation of Current and Future Presidential Campaigns, including my own. If any evidence of corruption is found of any individual in the course of each investigation, then they must resign from their current position or end their campaign. If they are in Congress, a Special Election will happen to replace them and if anyone should try to influence the investigation in any way, shape or form, they will be immediately outed and be forced to resign or end their campaign. For too long, Washington has cared less about the people and more about itself. This act will put that to an end and hopefully, over the course of time, renew trust and faith in the United States Congress.

December 5th

Flight to Boston, Massachusetts

Rally in Boston, Massachusetts with New York Senator Jacob K. Javits

Meet with Voters in Boston, Massachusetts

Trade Policy Speech in Boston, Massachusetts :

I served as chairman of the Finance Commission of Boston for years before I became the Attorney General of this great state and then later, A Senator of it. In my time as Chairman, I saw how important trading was to this great city and that any form of tariffs would the economy of it. I know this is the case for several major cities across the nation along the coasts. That’s why, if I am elected President, I will lower tariffs as low as possible and increase them on countries that have an unfair advantage against us until we form a new deal with that country. America must prosper for the idea of freedom to survive and in order to do that, we need lower tariffs and better deals to ensure the protection of the consumer and the prosperity of the country at large.

Town Hall in Boston, Massachusetts

Foreign Policy Speech in Boston, Massachusetts

December 6th

Rally in Burlington, Vermont

Meet with Voters in Montpelier, Vermont

Agriculture Policy Speech in Battleboro, Vermont :

Vermont is a state that heavily depends of Agriculture for sustenance, as a majority of the products this state exports to the rest of the country and the world at large is produced through agricultural means. Now, what will I do in order to help the farmers who, in recent months, have been struggling? It’s simple, I will give Government aid and subsidies to the farm that needs help the most and I will also send several Government workers to help aid these farmers in producing a better and more expanded crop in the next harvest and help them to harvest it quicker. Agriculture is one of the key foundations of this country and when it struggles, the country struggles. That is something I will prevent as President.

Town Hall in Rutland City, Vermont

Rally in Killington, Vermont with Senator Javits

Meet with Voters in Manchester, Vermont

Economic Policy Speech in Manchester, Vermont

December 7th

Senator Brooke doesn’t campaign on December 7th as a way to respect those that died in the attack on Pearl Harbor, but he gives a speech in Pearl Harbor memorializing the tragedy :

Today, 34 Years Ago, on December 7th, 1941, a Date that will forever live in infamy, A japanese task force attacked the unsuspecting American force in this very area. In the ensuing battle, 2,335 Americans were killed and 1,143 Americans were wounded in the worst attack in our nation’s history. I speak today not to remind anyone of what they most likely do know and understand completely. No, I am here today to honor the heroes of the battle and the war that followed immediately after, such as First Class Seaman John Ward, who sacrificed his live to help his fellow crewman of the USS Oklahoma escape. When it looked clear the Oklahoma would sink, Ward didn’t flee or hide, instead he stayed in a turret with only a flashlight, he was able to shine an exit for his fellow crew members who without it would never have been able to leave. Then there was the USS West Virginia’s African American Mess Attendant Doris Miller. After serving breakfast, Miller started on the day’s laundry when a Japanese torpedo struck the side of the ship. Rather than caving to the chaos around him, Miller sprung into action, helping the injured get to safety by moving them back and forth across the deck.

When his superior officer asked him to help load ammo into two Browning .50 caliber anti-aircraft machine guns, Miller loaded the guns and then began firing them at the Japanese plans above. Though it is unknown whether he hit any planes, Miller helped keep the planes at bay, despite having no training with the gun.

Miller survived the attack and received several promotions, but two years later, he was killed when a torpedo sank the USS Liscome Bay.

I bring up these heroes to remind everyone that no matter our skin color or our language, our beliefs or our philosophy, we are all Americans and when push comes to shove, we will fight for one another to the end. I myself am a veteran of World War II, during which I saw my fair share of combat as an officer in italy of the member of the segregated 366th Infantry Regiment and for my efforts, I was rewarded with the Bronze Star Medal.

I also want to use this day as a reminder...a reminder to show all Americans that we can no longer afford to be complacent and ignore the affairs of the world for our own. We were unprepared for the attack on Pearl Harbor. That is something that we cannot afford ever again. Even if tomorrow, the Soviet Union collapses and the scourge of Communism ends for good, we cannot allow ourselves to become lazy and arrogant of our own superiority. America, now more than ever, has a responsibility to the world and itself to protect and defend the ideals of freedom. We must always be vigilant. We must always be strong. For only then can we ensure that the next Pearl Harbor isn’t a matter of When or What If, It’ll be a matter of Is It even possible?

December 8th-16th

Senator Brooke campaigns across the state of Illinois with Senators Baker and Javits, having several town halls, rallies, and speeches on Foreign Policy, the Economy, Science, Agriculture, and Energy. He also hosts several meet and greets and begins talks with the citizens of the states and ask how they can be helped and what policy will be most effective to be helping them as time goes on. He also uses the time to start a volunteer organization to help increase his support in the state and his own supporters’ turnout for March 16th.

December 17th-23rd

Senator Brooke campaigns in New Hampshire, hosting several town halls, meet and greets, rallies, and speeches on Foreign Policy, Agriculture, Trade, and Economics with Senators Javits and Baker. He also uses the same strategy in New Hampshire to increase his support in the small communities and to increase his own support on February 25th.

December 24th-31st

Senator Brooke takes the time off to spend with his family and hosts a Christmas Party on Christmas Day, sending invites to all his opponents in both parties to attend, stating “They may be my opponents, but I might be working with them one day so by god, I intend to get to know them and be friends with them.” He is applauded for this effort of befriending opposition instead of attacking them.
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2019, 08:19:10 PM »

Senator Brooke's campaign announces two new key endorsements in December!

Two-Term Governor Meldrim Thomson Jr. of New Hampshire endorses Brooke

"Brooke is the candidate America needs, now more than ever! He has taken the initiative against corruption in Congress and Washington with the creation of the Corruption Investigation and Removal Act and by god, I hope it passes, because something like that is sorely needed in America right now! New Hampshire, when it comes time to choose who you will support, support the man who is not only speaking about change, but is actually bringing it!"

Freshman Representative Jim Jeffords of Vermont

"Brooke, I believe, is our best chance at holding the White House come November next year. Governor Reagan is too extreme in his ideals, Director Bush will be unappealing to several elements, and Mr. Kroc is only looking to fill his own pockets with this run for President. Brooke has pledged to hear all elements of the party and discuss unity in the party, something the other three candidates haven't discussed. Not to mention, I will proudly support the Corruption Investigation and Removal Act if it passes the Senate and goes to the House as that piece of legislation will face the American Political structure to make sure another watergate doesn't happen!"

Governor Thomson and Representative Jeffords focused on shoring up New Hampshire and Vermont for Senator Brooke in December, campaigning heavily for him and establishing volunteer groups for the Massachusetts to raise his support in these key states.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2019, 09:04:43 PM »

Director Bush December, 1976 endorsements

Actor John Wayne of California endorses Bush

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Freshman Congressman Chuck Grassley from Iowa endorses Bush

Congressman James Colgate-Cleveland of New Hampshire endorses Bush

Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2019, 10:01:47 PM »

BENTSEN SCHEDULE, TURN 2

November 26-28: Town halls in Iowa City, Cedar Rapids, Cedar Falls, and Davenport, IA, and Moline and Rockford, IL.

November 29: Speaks at Progressive Baptist Church in Chicago, IL, alongside Coretta Scott King.

November 30: Senate duties; rest and plan for next month.

December 1: Senate duties; endorse Corruption Investigation and Removal Act.

Quote from: Restricted

December 2: Fundraising in Houston w/Jack Hightower

December 3-12: Hold town hall series in: Houston, Texas (3); Jackson, Mississippi (4); Pensacola, Florida (5); Nashville, Tennessee (6); Decatur, Illinois (7); Rockford, Illinois  (8 ); Des Moines, Iowa (9); Minneapolis, Minnesota (10); Milwaukee, Wisconsin (11); Detroit, Michigan (12)

Endorsers present at:
Chiles: Jackson, Pensacola, Nashville, Decatur
King: Jackson, Pensacola, Decatur, Rockford, Des Moines, Detroit
Hightower: Houston, Jackson, Nashville, Decatur, Rockford, Des Moines, Minneapolis

Notable questions fielded by Senator Bentsen:

December 13: Rest and plan strategy for next turn

December 14-16: Senate duties
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2019, 11:56:18 AM »

What Kennedy did in December 1975 part 1
Kennedy in the senate help with Senator Brooke and Biden with the Corruption Investigation and Removal Act.

While on the campaign trail he campaigned on union rights in all over Iowa  and his plan to protect labor unions as president and how poor the Nixon and Ford administration have treated them.

He called out the Republican tax cuts as a “big giveaway to the rich” and that it will only cause short term growth and that the crisis will come back and it might be even worse than before.

He then layed out his plan to reduce taxes for the middle class permanently while making sure at the same time that the rich should pay there fair share.
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2019, 06:28:27 PM »

Mike Gravel Campaigns in New Hampshire

Concord, NH-"...We need an anti-establishment candidate in Washington, I know the voters want that especially after the disastrous Nixon presidency. Nixon not only betrayed the dignity of elections but he also betrayed the trust we give our presidents. I am not another establishment politician telling you how you should live while behind closed doors, I doing the exact thing I told you not to do. That is what Nixon did, that is what LBJ but that is not what I am going to do.

What I promise on this campaign trail will not just be a promise, it will become policy once I am president and I believe that is what the American people want after being lied to for the last twelve years by our president. That is why I ran for Senate and that is why I am running for president of the United States and I will work for every last vote if I have to, to win this election and win back your trust.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2019, 07:53:51 AM »

George Wallace will campaign in Mississippi and his endorsements will be Governor Bill Waller and Senator John C. Stennis, his endorsements will campaign in Mississippi.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2019, 06:09:42 PM »

Hello, everyone-

When I started this game, I really thought I could find the time to GM. However, real life has been so hectic lately that I'm afraid I just can't sit down and be the GM you all need and deserve. As such, with sincerely every regret, I deeply apologize but tell you that I cannot keep on being your GM; I can't juggle it with real life duties+2020+Atlasia to be completely honest.

I apologize deeply and thank you all. I might come back and try my hand at another game when real life is not so demanding, but I just can't handle it right now. Thank you very much, and sorry again.
NyIndy

Political Matrix
E: 0.25, S: -3.15

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2019, 06:39:55 PM »

Hello, everyone-

When I started this game, I really thought I could find the time to GM. However, real life has been so hectic lately that I'm afraid I just can't sit down and be the GM you all need and deserve. As such, with sincerely every regret, I deeply apologize but tell you that I cannot keep on being your GM; I can't juggle it with real life duties+2020+Atlasia to be completely honest.

I apologize deeply and thank you all. I might come back and try my hand at another game when real life is not so demanding, but I just can't handle it right now. Thank you very much, and sorry again.
Well that’s a shame, but don’t get yourself down over it. Don’t stress yourself out over an online game.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2019, 06:43:11 PM »

Hello, everyone-

I know the feeling. You're perfectly fine, and good luck with your IRL stuff.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2019, 06:45:13 PM »

Hello, everyone-

ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2019, 09:03:40 PM »

Hello, everyone-

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies