Tucker Carlson Destroyed By Guest, Professor Robert Hockett
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:07:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Tucker Carlson Destroyed By Guest, Professor Robert Hockett
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tucker Carlson Destroyed By Guest, Professor Robert Hockett  (Read 1139 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 08, 2019, 11:04:43 PM »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0qyx6eDkrmw

Wow! I have never seen such a stunning interview live. Professor Hockett appears to have a very precise understanding of politics and rhetoric.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 11:05:02 PM »

Was it with FACTS and LOGIC!?
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 11:15:05 PM »

Ugh the Youtube comments, it;s like they literally didn't hear a single word the Professor said and just make jokes about his hair.

Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 11:18:03 PM »

The word "destroyed" has been completely ruined for me by Shapiro, and as a result I won't be able take this title or the video seriously now
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 11:30:25 PM »

Ugh the Youtube comments, it;s like they literally didn't hear a single word the Professor said and just make jokes about his hair.

Well it was uploaded by Fox News, a different channel would probably get better comments.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2019, 12:28:39 AM »

Well it’s Tucker Carlson fans what type of bar are you setting
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2019, 12:39:55 AM »

Clickbait title aside, that was one of the better segments I've seen recently. The two of them actually listened to each other and had a conversation rather than just should talking points. They clearly have to go a long ways to figure out what is actually in the green new deal (and the Prof. included verbally pirouetted over what it means to render fossil fuels obsolete), but if the two of them sat down for a long enough time some real understanding could perhaps take place.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2019, 01:42:07 AM »

Here is the FAQ document that, according to mainstream news organizations, AOC sent out about the Green New Deal:
https://apps.npr.org/documents/document.html?id=5729035-Green-New-Deal-FAQ

It mentions guaranteeing "Economic security for all who are unable or unwilling to
work" and also this part that's been getting a lot of attention:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Nuclear power, and carbon taxes/cap-and-trade , are presented in this document as somewhere between irrelevant and detrimental.

On the other hand, this isn't the actual resolution, and AOC and Markey have nearly disowned the FAQ document, emphasizing the resolution's lack of specifics.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
https://www.eenews.net/stories/1060120029
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2019, 02:27:47 AM »

The interview would have been a lot better if Tucker Carlson wasn't a genuine moron.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2019, 04:18:56 AM »

The interview would have been a lot better if Tucker Carlson wasn't a genuine moron.

That's all that employ at the State Propaganda Channel. It's like a job requirement.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2019, 06:26:56 AM »

True.

Even though I'm not a fan of Fox News, I think left of center politicans and experts should more frequently appear on the channel, to at least talk to the other side.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2019, 06:35:06 PM »

True.

Even though I'm not a fan of Fox News, I think left of center politicans and experts should more frequently appear on the channel, to at least talk to the other side.

They have on at least as many left wingers as any other station has on right wingers.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2019, 06:39:48 PM »

True.

They have on at least as many left wingers as any other station has on right wingers.

I highly doubt that.  CNN almost always has at least one right winger/Republican in any panel, and they even have the goofball economist Stephen Moore (of the 'Club for Growth') as their 'senior economic analyst.'

When Fox 'News' has Paul Krugman as their 'senior economic analyst' I'll believe you.  

(Of course, Paul Krugman is credible while Stephen Moore is a snake oil peddler, but that's besides the point.)
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2019, 05:35:04 AM »

In all honesty, the hair was a disaster, and this is coming from someone with terrible hair. Looks like a big wig terribly misplaced.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2019, 05:37:56 AM »

OK, the hair is definitely a wig. His real hair is much thinner:

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2019, 12:17:34 PM »

True.

I highly doubt that.  CNN almost always has at least one right winger/Republican in any panel, and they even have the goofball economist Stephen Moore (of the 'Club for Growth') as their 'senior economic analyst.'

When Fox 'News' has Paul Krugman as their 'senior economic analyst' I'll believe you.  

(Of course, Paul Krugman is credible while Stephen Moore is a snake oil peddler, but that's besides the point.)

MSNBC also has right-wingers on very frequently. One of them even hosts a major show (Joe Scarborough, who is a massive FF).
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2019, 02:35:26 PM »

True.

MSNBC also has right-wingers on very frequently. One of them even hosts a major show (Joe Scarborough, who is a massive FF).

I think Fox is horrible but calling Joe Scarborough a right winger is pretty silly. Maybe ten years ago he was. Now he’s an increasingly annoying hack.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2019, 02:39:27 PM »

MSNBC also has Nicole Wallace, although I'm guessing most Republicans consider her to be basically Maduro these days.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2019, 09:23:22 AM »

MSNBC also has Nicole Wallace, although I'm guessing most Republicans consider her to be basically Maduro these days.

Um, Nicolle was just a communications staffer and is not a right-winger, or even a Republican (anymore). Joe was a right-winger before Trump, but he's more anti-Trump than left or right these days. Rick Tyler or maybe Elise Jordan are a better examples of right-wing MSNBC personalities, but they don't have their own shows.
Insomnian
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -1.40

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2019, 09:17:07 PM »

That professor...was clearly not telling the truth.

https://www.mediaite.com/online/aoc-adviser-falsely-insists-on-tucker-carlson-that-green-new-deal-claim-is-doctored-draws-fire/

I won't say lie, because it seems the professor was merely mistaken (and he admits as such).

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ocasio-cortez-adviser-admits-he-falsely-claimed-green-new-deal-didnt-promise-security-for-those-unwilling-to-work
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2019, 08:01:31 PM »

Tucker Carlson made it seem like unlimited and full pay unemployment benefits, which UBI is most certainly not.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies