Anti-vaxxers protest in Washington State, defy efforts to protect children
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:55:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Anti-vaxxers protest in Washington State, defy efforts to protect children
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anti-vaxxers protest in Washington State, defy efforts to protect children  (Read 1359 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 10, 2019, 11:15:36 AM »

Amid measles outbreak, hundreds rally to preserve right not to vaccinate children

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Measles (World Health Organization)
You must be logged in to read this quote.

QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 01:06:23 PM »

Sometimes I think people should have to pass a test before they have kids. Question #1 should be "Are you going to vaccinate them?"
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 01:11:11 PM »

The anti-vaxxers are the biggest pieces of sh**t in all of politics. Any legislator who doesn't vote for this should be recalled, no matter what.

Even this bill doesn't really go far enough, because there should be no exceptions beyond legitimate allergies, but it's a start.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 04:43:20 PM »
« Edited: February 11, 2019, 06:03:41 PM by NYGurl »

Jesus.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 04:44:35 PM »

California passed a law that mandates parents to vaccinate their children if they want to enroll them in school and it was precisely because the anti-vaccination crowd.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 04:58:19 PM »
« Edited: February 11, 2019, 06:03:52 PM by NYGurl »

1. No vaccine is 100% perfectly effective.

2. Many people literally cannot be vaccinated due to legitimate health reasons (as opposed to just being morons or having parents who are).
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2019, 05:10:37 PM »
« Edited: February 11, 2019, 06:04:32 PM by NYGurl »

2. Many people literally cannot be vaccinated due to legitimate health reasons (as opposed to just being morons or having parents who are).

At least you admit there lack of 100% effectiveness. That right there alone shows the lack of confidence in there effectiveness.

Effectiveness of Not Getting the Vaccine: 0%
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2019, 05:49:19 PM »
« Edited: February 11, 2019, 06:04:42 PM by NYGurl »

At least you admit there lack of 100% effectiveness. That right there alone shows the lack of confidence in there effectiveness.

Why wear a condom if it isn’t 100% effective?
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2019, 05:55:35 PM »
« Edited: February 11, 2019, 06:04:54 PM by NYGurl »

*bangs head against wall*
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2019, 06:03:27 PM »
« Edited: February 11, 2019, 06:05:05 PM by NYGurl »

It also seems that education has a lack of 100% effectiveness, since unfortunately you produced this inane post.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2019, 06:05:53 PM »
« Edited: February 11, 2019, 06:20:00 PM by NYGurl »

Would you be willing to waive reimbursement by health insurance for treatment of any diseases that you choose not to be vaccinated for?  Or pay a higher life insurance premium, similar to the higher premiums charged for smokers vs nonsmokers?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2019, 10:44:12 PM »

It also seems that education has a lack of 100% effectiveness, since unfortunately you produced this inane post.

I am not uneducated, I am indoctrinated

Pielover
Rookie

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2019, 10:11:36 PM »

Why am I not surprised?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2019, 11:07:03 PM »

TRR is making the case for why anti-vaxxers need to be sterilized and have CPS involved.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2019, 01:23:10 AM »

Ew gross. I hope they stay away from me.

I don't like the idea that kids are going to die because of these special snowflake hipsters.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2019, 01:24:42 AM »

Baby Boomers are cancer.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2019, 09:35:46 AM »

TRR is making the case for why anti-vaxxers need to be sterilized and have CPS involved.
It's absolutely pathetic that you resort to personal insults and attacks instead of backing up your ideas with facts, troll.

It has been clearly stated to you in this thread and the other in the off topic section with facts that you just ignore. Drastic action is needed against anti-vaxxers since science and facts don’t matter. Pretty sure that you’re a younger teen based on all your posts so call me when you grow up.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2019, 01:16:52 PM »

It's absolutely pathetic that you resort to personal insults and attacks instead of backing up your ideas with facts, troll.

It has been clearly stated to you in this thread and the other in the off topic section with facts that you just ignore. Drastic action is needed against anti-vaxxers since science and facts don’t matter. Pretty sure that you’re a younger teen based on all your posts so call me when you grow up.

What about the facts that you and my opponents ignore? Drastic action is needed against the pharmaceutical companies so that they stop hurting and killing kids. Science and facts can be incorrect. I can't stress this enough. It doesn't matter what kind of education or experience somebody has because everybody is capable of lying. Your so immature that you have troll instead of backing up your ideas with facts. How my choices over my body effect you other than hurt your feelings?

lol, stay in your lane deplorable.

emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2019, 03:27:16 PM »

What about the facts that you and my opponents ignore? Drastic action is needed against the pharmaceutical companies so that they stop hurting and killing kids. Science and facts can be incorrect. I can't stress this enough. It doesn't matter what kind of education or experience somebody has because everybody is capable of lying. Your so immature that you have troll instead of backing up your ideas with facts. How my choices over my body effect you other than hurt your feelings?

The way in which it can hurt others is that those who cannot take some/all vaccinations for medical reasons must rely on 90+% of the population to be vaccinated in order to be protected. So then it's a value judgment society has to make over whether your right to your body overrides the need to protect these people. But the decision not to vaccinate definitely affects the well being of others.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2019, 03:46:17 PM »

90% should not have to give in for just 1%. The right of my body overrides the need to protect these people.

This is not how societies function.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2019, 04:29:55 PM »

90% should not have to give in for just 1%. The right of my body overrides the need to protect these people. There is nothing in the Constitution that states individuals have the right to be protected from diseases and or hurt feelings. The unenumerated rights of the Constitution states individuals have the right to choose what to do with their health and body. The Supreme Court ruled on this several times.

Yeah I don't necessarily disagree with you, at least for adults. Children are a different matter.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2019, 04:43:25 PM »

The way in which it can hurt others is that those who cannot take some/all vaccinations for medical reasons must rely on 90+% of the population to be vaccinated in order to be protected. So then it's a value judgment society has to make over whether your right to your body overrides the need to protect these people. But the decision not to vaccinate definitely affects the well being of others.

90% should not have to give in for just 1%. The right of my body overrides the need to protect these people. There is nothing in the Constitution that states individuals have the right to be protected from diseases and or hurt feelings. The unenumerated rights of the Constitution states individuals have the right to choose what to do with their health and body. The Supreme Court ruled on this several times.

The unenumerated rights of the Constitution state whatever the incumbent Supreme Court majority wants them to state and therefore are the vast majority of the time best ignored.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2019, 09:15:06 PM »

"I don't need to wear a seat belt while driving... my uncle got into a fender bender as a teenager and he was fine.  Plus, seat belts cause your hair to fall out, so I don't want to run the risk."
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies