Is Anti-Zionism Anti-Semitism?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:49:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Is Anti-Zionism Anti-Semitism?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Well?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 91

Author Topic: Is Anti-Zionism Anti-Semitism?  (Read 2251 times)
Figueira
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2019, 06:07:13 AM »

No, unless you're using a definition of Zionism that makes the question tautological.

If we take zionism to mean the idea of a Jewish nation state, then anti-zionism = the Jews aren't entitled to a nation state, even though all other nations are. In which case it sort of has to be antisemitic. Unless you are of the opinion that all nation states should be abolished (the ideal solution of course)

I think the Jews are certainly entitled to a nation state, but I wouldn't say that goes for "all other nations". Independent Catalonia still ain't doing too hot.

When will people condemn Inelastic Whites for Jim Hood for his rampant anti-Catalan beliefs!?
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2019, 01:55:55 PM »

Anti-zionists have worked very hard to prove the answer is yes.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2019, 12:08:27 AM »

No, I feel like anti-semitic accusations are tossed around too lightly. Like several years ago at school I was sitting in class minding my own business charging my laptop, and this girl came in and said that she had lost her charger. She started walking around the room and basically telling every kid with the same charger that they have her charger and to give it back. They said no they did not and said look elsewhere, it is elsewhere. Then she got to me, and I told her that it's my charger, and to stop trying to be a thief just because you are not responsible enough to keep track of your stuff, or at least take some personal accountability and responsibility. She then told me to stop stereotyping and that I was anti-semitic. That was not even worth my time responding to, so I ignored her and she left.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2019, 12:21:09 AM »

no
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2019, 12:37:06 AM »

If we take zionism to mean the idea of a Jewish nation state, then anti-zionism = the Jews aren't entitled to a nation state, even though all other nations are. In which case it sort of has to be antisemitic. Unless you are of the opinion that all nation states should be abolished (the ideal solution of course)

This.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2019, 08:36:12 AM »

As it has been established in the thread already, not all anti-zionists are anti-semitic, but all anti-semites are anti-zionism.
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2019, 11:55:06 AM »

Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2019, 01:02:07 PM »

Voted no, but

Not inherently, but most self-defined Anti-Zionists are anti Semitic, or at least are willing to look the other way.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2019, 03:55:41 PM »

AtorBoltox

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2019, 01:50:30 AM »

All Zionism is is the belief there should be a Jewish homeland. Opposition to this is of course anti-semitic.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2019, 07:21:32 PM »

This.

I would suscribe this. However, I'm contrary to the Zionist ideology. My opposition to Zionism is not based on the idea that Jews are not entitled to a nation state (far from that). Rather it's based on the means used to reach an end. I wouldn't call myself anti-Zionist, though. I'm willing to admit there are some positive elenents in it, related to culture and society. But I have to place myself in front of those supporting or giving any excuse for the actions of the Zionist state.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2019, 07:03:07 AM »
« Edited: February 18, 2019, 07:13:07 AM by ∀lex »

As it has been established in the thread already, not all anti-zionists are anti-semitic, but all anti-semites are anti-zionism.

I'm sure that there are quite a few pro-ethnostate/white nationalist  anti-Semites who would support Israel to "punish the Muslims", to "make Europe white again", etc

Even Hitler had the idea of Plan Madagascar and many racist politicians on the US in the 19th Century supported sending blacks to Liberia
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2019, 11:48:30 AM »

No, but:

1) Anti-Semites DO often use "Zionist" as a euphemism for Jews. Someone who uses the term (((Zionist))) for things that have no relevance to the Middle East or Israel is very likely anti-Semitic. For example, anyone who talks about "Zionist Bankers" is anti-Semitic and shouldn't be taken seriously.
2) The Israeli-Palestinian Conflict brings out the worst in people, no matter which side they're on, and it's hard to even follow closely without it rotting your brain.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies