Spanish elections and politics II: Catalan elections on February 14, 2021 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:25:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Spanish elections and politics II: Catalan elections on February 14, 2021 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Spanish elections and politics II: Catalan elections on February 14, 2021  (Read 196713 times)
Estrella
Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)

« on: September 10, 2019, 12:18:49 PM »

What is interesting to watch is in Spain gap between Podemos and UP is pretty small compared to gap between Five Star Movement and Democratic Party in Italy yet latter formed a coalition pretty quickly despite differences, former cannot after 5 months so go figure.

I don't think it's got to do with differences or gaps as much as the fact that parties in Spain are actually 'proper' parties - they have clearly distinct ideology, longer history, larger membership and actual principles (not that UP aren't just being pig-headed at this point), while Italians are more, er, pragmatic. Also, Spanish politicians aren't really used to coalitions.
Estrella

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2020, 07:54:00 AM »

Prediction: A nightmare result for PSOE/PSC where they end up holding the balance of power between the right and the separatists. They obviously refuse to support either side, which leads to ERC, JxCat and CUP withdrawing support in Congress and yet another national election.

(Seriously though, how realistic is this scenario?)
Estrella

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2020, 01:55:38 PM »

The class voting patterns and the parties' (especially PP) attitudes towards religion and social issues in general got me thinking: is there any information about religiosity by class? Basically, I know why urban upper class votes for the right, but I'm curious if it's despite their conservatism on non-economic matters, or if it's connected to it ("right wing on everything").
Estrella

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2020, 06:06:18 PM »

Lol, it's obviously a smear campaign.

(Spanish public radio and television service)

Guess it was just a question of time when Spanish right turns into crazy and stupid quasi-Republicans. They already have the ideological extremism and now also persecution complex. I wonder what comes next.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies