*Official Election 2005 Results Thread* (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:05:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  *Official Election 2005 Results Thread* (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: *Official Election 2005 Results Thread*  (Read 100160 times)
Virginian87
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -3.55, S: 2.70

« on: November 09, 2005, 01:40:26 PM »

If the Democratic plan is to attack Bush in place of proposing real, workable ideas (and workable is key-- mostly Democrats propose even greater spending), they will lose in 2006.

Lose as in... Lose seats?  Or lose as in fail to capitalize on an opportunity to make big gains?

Regardless of your answer I agree the Democrats need a clear and nationally unified message in 2006 if they plan on making gains.

As do I.  Offering new ideas is the only way we can hope to regain control of Congress next year.  But I must tell the Republican Virginians here: Kilgore had no bright ideas either.  At least Kaine wants to continue Warner's excellent transportation and education policies.  

Now maybe we'll get the funding to implement the TransDominion Express and Southeast Corridor rail projects to Southside and Southwest Virginia.  Hopefully we can emulate the excellent transportation system in North Carolina
Virginian87
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2005, 07:26:52 PM »

In school today, two of the most extreme left wing teachers started bragging about the VA and NJ races. I, of course, argued back but here's the one line I had to laugh at (and then counter): "America has spoken!" said the one teacher. See what I mean? America has spoken? Two states voted for Governor and this is the end of the President and the GOP Congress? Give it up, people.

"Bush won VA by eight points!" Yeah, ok. I understand that. Kaine won by about the same margin as Warner in '01 and Bush was very, very popular back then. People need to snap the hell out of it. VA is not going to suddenly become a tossup state (unless Warner is the nominee and yes, that is still unlikely to happen).

Jeez, where do you go to school?
Virginian87
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2005, 07:29:02 PM »

Detroit
Kilpatrick 53% X
Hendrix   47%

Im speechless........................

The status quo is unstoppable.  What is going on here?

Kilpatrick is a horrible mayor who while the city has a big deficit bought a SUV for his wife with city money and has charged 200,000 on city credit cards and spend 120,000 of petty cash.  There also is the party at the mayor's residence that got way out of control, also a stripper who was at the party turned up dead.

Kilpatrick is a moral wasteland.  If there is one city with massive corruption (and I've heard a lot from the Philadelphians here), it's got to be Detroit.  Wonder how bad the schools are there.
Virginian87
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 10:01:56 PM »

AuH2O posted that the Democrats got whupped in the Virginia state legislature.  Am I missing something, or was he just incorrect?

I think he meant that although the Dems picked up one seat, the Dems still face a huge difference in the House of Delegates, something like 60-40
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies