*Official Election 2005 Results Thread* (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:48:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  *Official Election 2005 Results Thread* (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: *Official Election 2005 Results Thread*  (Read 100264 times)
MarkDel

« on: November 08, 2005, 09:42:44 PM »

I can't wait for the conservatives to spin this one.

Democrats keep Democratic Gubernatorial offices. Spin or fact?  Tongue

Phil,

You are right, of course. However, let the Leftists have their moment of glory tonight. If they want to get this excited about RETAINING two Governorships, then it gives you a pretty good idea just how bad off they have been in recent years. So let the Dems and their fellatio partners in the Mainstream Media have their day in the sun, and let's put our focus back on keeping the nation strong and vital.
MarkDel

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 09:50:38 PM »

Nick,

That's spin?Huh New Jersey is a staunch Democratic state and Virginia is a close Republican state that is coming off a tremendous 4-year run by one of the most popular and effective Democratic Governors in recent memory. Where is it at ALL surprising that the Dems would win both of these races???

The real SPIN has come in the past few weeks as the mainstream media has made these races into so-called "proxy battles" between Bush and the Democratic Party.
MarkDel

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 09:52:48 PM »

I can't wait for the conservatives to spin this one.

Democrats keep Democratic Gubernatorial offices. Spin or fact?  Tongue

Phil,

You are right, of course. However, let the Leftists have their moment of glory tonight. If they want to get this excited about RETAINING two Governorships, then it gives you a pretty good idea just how bad off they have been in recent years. So let the Dems and their fellatio partners in the Mainstream Media have their day in the sun, and let's put our focus back on keeping the nation strong and vital.

A Democrat is looking to win with a majority of the vote in Virginia, in which, originally, Kilgore was by far and away the favorite, and which is a state that is not exactly known for its Democratic streak.

If a Republican won in the heart of New England, would you not consider this a very good thing?

Gabu,

A Republican DID win in New York, which is far more Democratic than Virginia is Republican. Also, Virginia was held by a very effective and very popular Democratic Governor, who was pretty much given the free hand to appoint his successor. This victory in Virginia is more about the sound government of the Warner Administration than it is a repudiation of George Bush as Dems are trying to spin.
MarkDel

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2005, 09:54:48 PM »

Nick,

That's spin?Huh New Jersey is a staunch Democratic state and Virginia is a close Republican state that is coming off a tremendous 4-year run by one of the most popular and effective Democratic Governors in recent memory. Where is it at ALL surprising that the Dems would win both of these races???

The real SPIN has come in the past few weeks as the mainstream media has made these races into so-called "proxy battles" between Bush and the Democratic Party.

I wasnt pointing you out in particular.  I just find it funny that when Democrats celebrate two solid victories you and others point out how desperate we are.  Let us celebrate, it was a good night for us.  And if we win big CA, it will have been a great night.

That's a fair point Nick. My point though is that many Democrats are turning the Virginia election into a referendum on Bush, and that's just ridiculous.
MarkDel

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2005, 09:56:54 PM »

Nick,

The Democrats won two potentially close races.  What, they are not supposed to be happy about that?  If they were saying that this is a big chance toward Democratic leadership, I would disagree strongly, but being happy about victories is fine.

Alcon, I essentially agree with what you said. My comments are aimed at the gleeful Dems who are viewing these races as a "proxy battle" between Bush and the Dems in general.
MarkDel

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2005, 09:59:51 PM »

Mark,

Democrat wins a close win in a weakly Republican state in a race where the Republican was, for a long time, heavily favoured.

Republican wins an expeccted landslide in a heavily Democratic city.

Which is more immediately exciting?  The first, because it is not expected.  It is natural human emotion to be excited about competitive races.  I don't see why it surprises you that Democrats are exciting.

Alcon, I see your point, but all the polls I saw in the last week showed that Kaine was EXPECTED to win. Sure he was way behind in the early stages of the race, but this is not a huge upset. I do agree that this is a race Republicans SHOULD have won, but it's not the "drive to realignment" that the media types are spinning.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies