Senate votes to confirm William Barr as AG
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:06:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Senate votes to confirm William Barr as AG
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate votes to confirm William Barr as AG  (Read 435 times)
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 14, 2019, 02:04:06 PM »
« edited: February 14, 2019, 02:08:56 PM by Big Abraham »

54–44. Sinema, Jones, and Manchin voted for. Rand Paul voted against

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2019/feb/14/trump-news-live-government-shutdown-deal-latest-updates-democrats-republicans-us-politics-today
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 09:05:53 PM »

Why Doug Jones, why!? Voting for him won't get you re-elected! Meanwhile, Sinema continues to disappoint. And Manchin is being Manchin. You know something's wrong when Rand Paul makes you look bad.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 09:28:01 PM »
« Edited: February 14, 2019, 09:31:10 PM by olowakandi »

Why Doug Jones, why!? Voting for him won't get you re-elected! Meanwhile, Sinema continues to disappoint. And Manchin is being Manchin. You know something's wrong when Rand Paul makes you look bad.

Jones will ne reelected
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 10:34:54 PM »

You may not have that extra seat from Arizona if Sinema had not run. And you definitely would not have Manchin's seat, as that would have been an automatic Republican pickup if he had not run for reelection.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2019, 10:47:26 PM »

You may not have that extra seat from Arizona if Sinema had not run. And you definitely would not have Manchin's seat, as that would have been an automatic Republican pickup if he had not run for reelection.

D's still would have won that. People voted for Sinema because she was a D. Any crossover support she got was lost by the Green vote. It still amazes me how liberal Jon Tester acts.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2019, 11:13:53 PM »

D's still would have won that. People voted for Sinema because she was a D. Any crossover support she got was lost by the Green vote. It still amazes me how liberal Jon Tester acts.

You sure about that? I doubt that an ardent progressive would have won.
kelestian
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: 1.48

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2019, 05:07:26 AM »

WTF, i love Sinema now
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2019, 11:44:53 AM »

You sure about that? I doubt that an ardent progressive would have won.
I don't think they're talking an ardent progressive, I think they're talking about a mainstream liberal.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies