Republicans only: Weld or Trump (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:48:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Republicans only: Weld or Trump (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Weld

Trump

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 108

Author Topic: Republicans only: Weld or Trump  (Read 4152 times)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« on: February 14, 2019, 05:47:20 PM »

Trump, Bill Weld has switched parties for political convenience. Also any primary challenge to Trump will go down in flames and ruin that candidate's chance for statewide office (this is why I don't want Hogan to run, instead he should wait until Cardin retires and run for the Senate) Bill Weld  should run a primary challenge, because he will not be able to win statewide elections
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 07:09:18 PM »

Trump, Bill Weld has switched parties for political convenience.

Do you realize what you've written here?

He was Libertarian in 2016, so he could run on their VP ticket. Now he has switched back to the GOP knowing that Bill Kristol and the Never Trump Conservatives will back him in a primary bid. Bill Weld should just retires, neither party wants him
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 11:06:55 PM »

Trump, Bill Weld has switched parties for political convenience. Also any primary challenge to Trump will go down in flames and ruin that candidate's chance for statewide office (this is why I don't want Hogan to run, instead he should wait until Cardin retires and run for the Senate) Bill Weld  should run a primary challenge, because he will not be able to win statewide elections

Hmmmm.

What I am trying to say is that Bil Weld has done it. I do not deny that Trump has done it and has flip-flopped on issues. But when in office, he has not flip-flopped, he committed to repealing the ACA (which failed, but he tried) and successfully passed tax cuts. Bill Weld comes from the wing of the party were this would be anathema. Plus if a RINO like Weld was the nominee, the base would stay home and the Dems would win easily. Another thing, Trump has legitimately changed his positiona on issues. Bill Weld has kept the same positions and just changed the letter next to his name. Bill Weld's actions are the definition of political opportunism
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 06:12:20 PM »

Well, I guess I'll bump this

My choice is obviously Weld, because Trump is a clown
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length