Gillibrand trashes on Beto in Iowa
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:13:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Gillibrand trashes on Beto in Iowa
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Gillibrand trashes on Beto in Iowa  (Read 1412 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2019, 07:57:54 AM »

There is a reason why her house colleagues had nicknamed her Tracy Flick.

Misogyny, I assume.  

If you consider Nita Lowey a misogynist.

1) Link?

2) IIRC Lowey really wanted Hillary’s Senate seat, so there might’ve been some animosity on the part of Lowey and some other NYC pols towards an upstate Congresswoman who got the appointment instead.

1) I remember reading that at Daniel Nichanian's blog, which has been dead for a long time.

2) That doesn't still explain why they gave her that specific moniker or why the rest of the delegation adopted it.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2019, 08:07:09 AM »
« Edited: February 15, 2019, 08:18:07 AM by lfromnj »

I mean, can any Beto supporter pretend that what she said isn't true?
Not a supporter but more a gillibrand hater(not for franken who probably deserved the boot.)
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2018/10/20/nyregion/gillibrand-campaign-spending.amp.html

Beto had a few  thousand left from his campaign. He basically spent it all.
Gillibrand had 11 million left in her campaign account.
Beto also shared money with texas ds
Beto didnt hoard a penny.

Gillibrand should have gome after beto not endorsing GOJ
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2019, 08:20:39 AM »
« Edited: February 15, 2019, 08:27:17 AM by lfromnj »

As a huge fan of O’Rourke, if that’s true I do consider it extremely shortsighted of him and his campaign, but we can only be so harsh when he is pretty much the reason Texas Dems made such huge gains in 2018.
Fear not
I was slightly off and was thinking something like 50k but out of the 80 mil he raised he has 300k left which is less than 0.5%

Gillibrand had 11 million spare from 2018.
https://www.opensecrets.org/members-of-congress/summary?cid=N00033540

Its clear he helped every texas d to a great degree.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2019, 09:10:48 AM »

Misogyny, I assume.  

1) Link?

2) IIRC Lowey really wanted Hillary’s Senate seat, so there might’ve been some animosity on the part of Lowey and some other NYC pols towards an upstate Congresswoman who got the appointment instead.

1) I remember reading that at Daniel Nichanian's blog, which has been dead for a long time.

2) That doesn't still explain why they gave her that specific moniker or why the rest of the delegation adopted it.

Not saying I don’t believe that you read it, but I need to see a link before I can read too much into this, especially since I’ve never heard of Nichanian.  No offense, but I need more than a random some dude’s blog.  Also, I do think there is some real sexism at play regarding how women like Gillibrand are branded as “opportunitic” while men are simply “ambitious.”  How come no one called Obama, Biden, Booker, or O’Rourke opportunists? 

I do know that a number of NYC Democrats (especially Lowey and Maloney) were rather irritated that Gillibrand was being pushed as Schumer’s pick for the Senate vacancy.  Additionally, Gillibrand has made some very powerful enemies by taking a leading role in the fight against sexual harassment and assault (ClintonWorld chief among them) and I’m sure that created some “behind closed doors” animosity towards her from the Democratic establishment.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2019, 09:23:33 AM »

OP, your bizarre hatred of Gillibrand--and intense desire to share every piece of news about her just to trash her--is creepy. Give it a rest.
I just want people to know the real Gillibrnad,she will throw anyone under the bus like she did to Al Franken and the Clintons.

... for being sex offenders.

Incorrect.

Explain.

She threw them under the bus because it was politically opportune, not because they were sex offenders.
Politically opportune? Have you not noticed the amount of hatred she's gotten from people about it in the past year?

And it's well-deserved, because Franken has no concrete evidence against him.

lol
Possiblymaybe
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2019, 09:50:54 AM »

Misogyny, I assume.  

1) Link?

Its kinda sexist because there are tons of men with sharp elbows and it’s not a big deal, but it’s definitely something that’s been said about gillibrand in particular for a long time. So there’s probably some truth to it but the way she’s singled out is sexist.
Here’s politico recently:
“Each of the high-profile Senate Democrats considering a run has some knock on them within the Democratic Caucus. The gruff Sanders is a loner, Gillibrand is known for having sharp elbows, Harris went rogue during an immigration debate last year, and Booker is sometimes seen as too eager for the limelight.”
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/07/warren-2020-senate-democrats-1081889
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2019, 10:45:53 AM »

Misogyny, I assume.  

1) Link?

Its kinda sexist because there are tons of men with sharp elbows and it’s not a big deal, but it’s definitely something that’s been said about gillibrand in particular for a long time. So there’s probably some truth to it but the way she’s singled out is sexist.

I agree that this is an accusation leveled almost exclusively against female candidates. But you don't see anybody accusing Harris, Warren, or Klobuchar (or even Gabbard) of that. It's only Gillibrand.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2019, 10:56:02 AM »
« Edited: February 15, 2019, 11:53:13 AM by Landslide Lyndon »

Not saying I don’t believe that you read it, but I need to see a link before I can read too much into this, especially since I’ve never heard of Nichanian.  No offense, but I need more than a random some dude’s blog.  Also, I do think there is some real sexism at play regarding how women like Gillibrand are branded as “opportunitic” while men are simply “ambitious.”  How come no one called Obama, Biden, Booker, or O’Rourke opportunists?  

I do know that a number of NYC Democrats (especially Lowey and Maloney) were rather irritated that Gillibrand was being pushed as Schumer’s pick for the Senate vacancy.  Additionally, Gillibrand has made some very powerful enemies by taking a leading role in the fight against sexual harassment and assault (ClintonWorld chief among them) and I’m sure that created some “behind closed doors” animosity towards her from the Democratic establishment.

Nichanian isn't a random dude. He is one of the most respected voices (progressive or otherwise) when it comes to criminal reform and "overlooked elections" (DAs, county boards, etc.). You should check his twitter feed https://twitter.com/Taniel

As for the fact that she attacked Bill Clinton for his sexual misdeeds, the fact that she cozied up with both of them as long as she thought it to be useful (until November 2016) vindicates all those people accusing her as an opportunist.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2019, 12:27:33 PM »

Not saying I don’t believe that you read it, but I need to see a link before I can read too much into this, especially since I’ve never heard of Nichanian.  No offense, but I need more than a random some dude’s blog.  Also, I do think there is some real sexism at play regarding how women like Gillibrand are branded as “opportunitic” while men are simply “ambitious.”  How come no one called Obama, Biden, Booker, or O’Rourke opportunists?  

I do know that a number of NYC Democrats (especially Lowey and Maloney) were rather irritated that Gillibrand was being pushed as Schumer’s pick for the Senate vacancy.  Additionally, Gillibrand has made some very powerful enemies by taking a leading role in the fight against sexual harassment and assault (ClintonWorld chief among them) and I’m sure that created some “behind closed doors” animosity towards her from the Democratic establishment.

Nichanian isn't a random dude. He is one of the most respected voices (progressive or otherwise) when it comes to criminal reform and "overlooked elections" (DAs, county boards, etc.). You should check his twitter feed https://twitter.com/Taniel

As for the fact that she attacked Bill Clinton for his sexual misdeeds, the fact that she cozied up with both of them as long as she thought it to be useful (until November 2016) vindicates all those people accusing her as an opportunist.

That's one way to look at it.  Another is that she did what she had to in order to put herself in a position to actually try to change things for the better.  Choosing one's battles is simply part of politics. 
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies