Are wealthy white suburbanites generally socially liberal or conservative? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:57:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Are wealthy white suburbanites generally socially liberal or conservative? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Are wealthy white suburbanites generally socially liberal or conservative?  (Read 3412 times)
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« on: February 18, 2019, 12:25:51 PM »

Depends on where in the country.  But they mostly run the gamut on social issues (i.e. abortion, religious liberty) but are left of center on cultural issues (i.e. immigration). That's why these voters reacted worse to culturally conservative Trump than they did to socially conservative Bush 43.

Also, contrary to popular belief, evangelical conservatism tends to find its base in the suburbs and among the middle and upper middle classes.
i wonder why there's such a widespread misunderstanding on this?

Probably because of the idea that being a religious fundamentalist equals being stupid, and the idea that being stupid equals being backwoods and poor.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies