Finally, someone who agrees with me, time for King Charles
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:37:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Finally, someone who agrees with me, time for King Charles
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Finally, someone who agrees with me, time for King Charles  (Read 1078 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 14, 2018, 02:50:17 PM »

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/lifestyle/lifestyleroyals/opinion-at-70-prince-charles-has-waited-long-enough-the-queen-should-step-aside/ar-BBPHREh?li=AAggNb9&ocid=mailsignout

At 70, Prince Charles has waited long enough.  The Queen should step aside.

Nice to see someone agrees with me.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 02:57:25 PM »

I think the reason Elizabeth doesn't want to abdicate may have something to do with her uncle's abdication. Granted, it was done under very diffrent circumstances, but I'm sure it had a lasting effect on her views on "duty".

At the very least she should step aside from exercising royal duties, making Charles Prince-Regent (George IV serves as a Regent for ten years before actually becoming a King).

Fortunately for Charles there are precedents of a late succession to the throne, that didn't preclude a new, pretty aged, King from having a relatively long rule. Gustaf VI Adolf didn't assume the Swedish throne until he was already 68, and still reigned for 23 years.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 08:33:01 PM »

Winfield is a supporter of Prince Charles? Fascinating!
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 01:32:06 AM »

I think the reason Elizabeth doesn't want to abdicate may have something to do with her uncle's abdication. Granted, it was done under very diffrent circumstances, but I'm sure it had a lasting effect on her views on "duty".

At the very least she should step aside from exercising royal duties, making Charles Prince-Regent (George IV serves as a Regent for ten years before actually becoming a King).

Fortunately for Charles there are precedents of a late succession to the throne, that didn't preclude a new, pretty aged, King from having a relatively long rule. Gustaf VI Adolf didn't assume the Swedish throne until he was already 68, and still reigned for 23 years.

See the other thread.  It is now the Counsellors of State that serve in the regency.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 04:40:24 PM »

Frankly I think Charles should also abdicate, so we can get King William, but frankly I'm not British, so I doubt they'd care about my opinion.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2018, 03:14:41 PM »

Frankly I think Charles should also abdicate, so we can get King William, but frankly I'm not British, so I doubt they'd care about my opinion.

I think Charles, William, and his kids should all abdicate, so we can get King Henry the Red.
AndyHogan14

Political Matrix
E: -4.00, S: -6.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2018, 02:13:39 PM »

I think Charles, William, and his kids should all abdicate, so we can get King Henry the Red.

Yes, this. Then a Californian becomes queen consort...I love every bit of that idea. Haha.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2018, 11:57:12 PM »

If Harry becomes King AND Suits is still ongoing, his new bride needs put a cameo with him on that show (wasn't she a star on Suits?)

Also, if Harry becomes King, it won't be King Henry the Red, it'll be King Harry the Potter.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies