AL vs. MS vs. OK
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:59:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  AL vs. MS vs. OK
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ?
Alabama

Mississippi

Oklahoma

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 58

Author Topic: AL vs. MS vs. OK  (Read 1936 times)
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2019, 03:43:05 AM »

If your drinking and doing the music thing, the Miss Delta easily beats the others.  OKC and Tulsa are superior to any metro in the others.

Also, Lol at the rural deep south being better than NY or Mich.  It's a parade of mutant racist hicks out of Flannery O'Connor story, plus upstate NY is gorgeous.

Yeah, you clearly haven't been to Western NY
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2019, 01:27:49 PM »

If your drinking and doing the music thing, the Miss Delta easily beats the others.  OKC and Tulsa are superior to any metro in the others.

Also, Lol at the rural deep south being better than NY or Mich.  It's a parade of mutant racist hicks out of Flannery O'Connor story, plus upstate NY is gorgeous.

Yeah, you clearly haven't been to Western NY

I've been along the Erie Canal, Finger Lakes and Cooperstown.  Plus Niagara  and the Thousand Islands.  Some old industrial towns look sad but the rural parts are amazing.  Rural Alabama is one giant Kudzu patch with god knows what living in those trailers.
Cokeland Saxton
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -6.26

P
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2019, 03:34:46 AM »

Oklahoma. The only good part of MS is the southern part and a couple college towns. Jackson is a s***hole, and the rest of the state is just a whole lot of nothing. As for Alabama, I'd keep my distance from Birmingham and Montgomery and most of the rural southern part of the state. Oklahoma does get tornadoes and has a lot of nothing as well, but whatever.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2022, 01:41:58 PM »

Alabama because Furnace Fest.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2022, 02:43:22 PM »

MS, I think, because despite never having been to any of these 3 states, I've always somehow preferred MS to AL and OK. Maybe it's because MS is the least red of the three states. Also because whenever I look at an election map in MS I love the deep blue counties scattered across the state, which is something you don't get in AL (where there are like a dozen black counties all clustered in the Black Belt) and OK (where literally every county is red).
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2022, 08:14:59 AM »

Living? Alabama, their politics suck less and they have a better quality of life.

Visiting? Mississippi's culture is cool and there's probably a good amount of things to do.

People from there? Oklahoma gave the world Skunk and Alpharad, so not gonna complain.

Still refuse to move to the South on account of my disdain for humid hellholes.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2022, 09:56:15 AM »

The only real difference between Alabama and Mississippi is that Alabama has more "big" cities and suburbs, which actually has the effect of making the White people who live there more conservative. 
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2022, 05:35:04 PM »

Oh God, that's like choosing between being murdered with a gun, murdered with a knife, or murdered via poison.

With that said, I guess I'd choose Alabama... Birmingham and Montgomery aren't so terrible, even though the rest of the state is absolutely not a place I'd be caught dead living in.

I was thinking Oklahoma at first, but then I realized that outside of Tulsa and OKC, it's probably worse than Alabama.

I would much rather live in Huntsville or Mobile than Birmingham or Montgomery.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2022, 11:34:11 PM »

I think living in Oklahoma City-Norman area would beat just about any locality in Alabama or Mississippi. I guess if I was living near Biloxi I wouldn't be too far from New Orleans- Nope, scratch that, it's just over a 90 mile drive which makes it Rather difficult to visit regularly Other than occasional weekends, which wouldn't make up for actually living in Biloxi.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies