Have you ever had to fire somebody?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:48:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Have you ever had to fire somebody?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Have you ever had to fire somebody?  (Read 752 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2019, 09:48:41 AM »

No.  I did almost get a guy fired last year for bringing a cell phone to work, but somehow he kept his job/security clearance (he's since moved on, but somehow kept the clearance).
Interesting, what's your job?
short answer-computer maintenance
long answer-I maintain the secure voice switch, attached phones and circuits for US StratCom/Offutt AFB.  Giving the decision makers 24/7/365 secure communications to other decision makers around the world.
cool answer-I get paid to take naps underground

I've always thought there was something ironic about a hardcore Big L libertarian earning their paycheck from the military industrial complex. Grin
you and me both brother.  Sometimes, it bothers me, but at the end of the day they pay me really well to do almost nothing.  I look at it as if I'm "taking advantage of the man" *

or at least that's what I tell myself when I fall asleep at night (on the couch at work)

(and I'm not a "hardcore Big L Libertarian" either, I just think freedom is the most important thing, and their candidates tend to believe in it more than Dems or Pubbies)

*not that I'm not doing my part.  I've kept this bitch locked down on midshift for almost 20 years and my customers (a bunch of Air Force/Navy officers), coworkers and people in other maintenance shops I have to deal with all like me, so I must be doing something right.  Which is mostly sleeping Smiley

Hey man, don't knock it. It sounds like a pretty sweet gig which pays the bills cor the fam, and frankly probably carries more responsibility and personal fullfillment than you let on.

More than happy to let my tax dollars support your workplace naps. Grin
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies