Ana Brnabic: Gay partner of Serbian PM gives birth; first in world
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:15:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Ana Brnabic: Gay partner of Serbian PM gives birth; first in world
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ana Brnabic: Gay partner of Serbian PM gives birth; first in world  (Read 657 times)
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 20, 2019, 10:24:43 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47312826

I feel like Serbia is a very surprising country to have this first in. Would someone more familiar with the region tell me if there’s much opposition to her as PM?

Nevertheless, congrats to the PM and her partner (should be wife)!
bigic
Serbia and Montenegro

Political Matrix
E: 2.32, S: -7.30

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 05:38:26 AM »

Unfortunately same-sex partnerships are still not regulated in Serbia Sad
I think her appointment for the position of PM is more about the image abroad than about genuine concern about LGBT+ rights. And she was chosen as the PM not after the parliamentary elections, but after the presidential elections where Aleksandar Vučić (the PM up to that point) was elected as the president of Serbia.
President Aleksandar Vučić has real power, not PM Ana Brnabić - the majority of both government supporters and opposition supporters think that.
The electorate of government parties is not exactly LGBT-friendly but they mostly tolerate Ana Brnabić.
The opposition obviously doesn't support Brnabić but it's split on LGBT issue - and that split also determines their perception of Brnabić. To part of the opposition that's not radical-right PM Brnabić is just a "puppet" of president Vučić, while the radical-right also has issues about her sexuality.
mgop
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 01:36:29 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47312826

I feel like Serbia is a very surprising country to have this first in. Would someone more familiar with the region tell me if there’s much opposition to her as PM?

Nevertheless, congrats to the PM and her partner (should be wife)!

she is what we would say "ficus", she isn't elected but appointed by dictator. other gays and lesbians in country don't have rights and are abused by ruling party medias daily. so before all liberal americans start saying how serbia is progressive and "cool", they need to know that country is ruled closest thing to nazi gestapo. opposition politicians being murdered and beaten, journalist house set on fire, president offending common citizens daily... in usa worst thing that can happen to gays is that bakery don't want to serve them cake, and in serbia every parade must be guard by more policemen than participants. also in america most people gets offended when trump attacking political opponents, now imagine complete infect quasimodo with 0% charisma attacking everybody and controlling everything - that's serbian president.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies