7 year old Texas boy using hot chocolate stand to raise money for Trump's wall
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:26:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  7 year old Texas boy using hot chocolate stand to raise money for Trump's wall
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 7 year old Texas boy using hot chocolate stand to raise money for Trump's wall  (Read 1589 times)
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2019, 11:33:43 PM »

Should be deported to WV
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2019, 02:41:59 AM »

I thought this was Ron DeSantis's son.

Maybe he should raise money for vets instead?
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2019, 02:46:45 AM »

I think he should be allowed to skip school while doing this too. He's a child and he's doing something for his generation's future. It's not too late to change things, but politicians have to wake up! We should cherish his political engagement and not ask ourselves any more questions: clearly he is right since he's a child, and you're an awful person if you oppose his actions and his goals.

That's what this forum would say if he were standing there for "climate change", after all.

And rightfully so.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2019, 05:58:01 AM »

I think he should be allowed to skip school while doing this too. He's a child and he's doing something for his generation's future. It's not too late to change things, but politicians have to wake up! We should cherish his political engagement and not ask ourselves any more questions: clearly he is right since he's a child, and you're an awful person if you oppose his actions and his goals.

That's what this forum would say if he were standing there for "climate change", after all.
There's a line to be drawn somewhere. What if, hypothetically, he was selling hot chocolate to raise money to deport all Jewish people because the jews secretly attempt to control the world and America must be free of their manipulation? Should he be allowed to skip school for that, no questions asked? It fits into the same category with climate change and Trump's wall as "something many people believe in as a political problem that needs to be solved".

What if he was protesting to raise money to expose reptilians running the Illuminati hiding from us that Earth is flat?

There is obviously some point on the spectrum of all possible things where we need to draw the line, unlike your false equivication. The only debate is WHERE to draw the line.

EDIT - You might have been being sarcastic, I'm not sure, but my point stands.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2019, 06:00:04 AM »

I hope he's using Mexican chocolate since Mexico was supposed to pay for the wall.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2019, 08:01:40 AM »

You know what?  I'm actually fine with this.  Hopefully, he has some fun and feels like he's doing something important.

The problem is? There is a statistically significant chance that by the time he's 14 he will be having some fun and feeling like he's doing something important by spitting on Mexican classmates.

We don’t know that.  Maybe when he’s a little older, he’ll feel differently.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2019, 08:18:49 AM »

There's a line to be drawn somewhere. What if, hypothetically, he was selling hot chocolate to raise money to deport all Jewish people because the jews secretly attempt to control the world and America must be free of their manipulation? Should he be allowed to skip school for that, no questions asked? It fits into the same category with climate change and Trump's wall as "something many people believe in as a political problem that needs to be solved".

What if he was protesting to raise money to expose reptilians running the Illuminati hiding from us that Earth is flat?

There is obviously some point on the spectrum of all possible things where we need to draw the line, unlike your false equivication. The only debate is WHERE to draw the line.

EDIT - You might have been being sarcastic, I'm not sure, but my point stands.
Yeah, it was sarcastic. I think children should be going to school and parents/adults should not use children as pawns for their political goals.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2019, 09:03:59 AM »

I like the Phantom Menace.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2019, 09:10:12 AM »

Kara with the fire ->

I really doubt that that actually happened. She's just craving the likes for some form of validation.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2019, 09:16:31 PM »

Maybe he can aspire to be like his idol, President Trump, and become a "billionaire" too! Of course, that would have to involve him being a tax shelter for his already rich father...so this looks unlikely. But anything is possible with a little entrepreneurial spirit, right? It's not like most billionaires earn that status due to a combination of luck, privilege, and nepotism. It's all thanks to the American dream!
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2019, 12:45:52 PM »

But not Dianne Feinstein.  She would complain about his bad handwriting and the poor location of the stand and insist that he couldn’t possibly raise enough money to build the wall.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2019, 12:52:13 PM »

It's not below Trump to con preteens as well.
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2019, 02:40:04 PM »

You know what?  I'm actually fine with this.  Hopefully, he has some fun and feels like he's doing something important.

The problem is? There is a statistically significant chance that by the time he's 14 he will be having some fun and feeling like he's doing something important by spitting on Mexican classmates.

Cite your stats on this.  Oh, you don't have any?  You just pulled them out of some dark place on your person?  Got it.

People have a need to believe that they are part of something bigger than themselves.  If my son had a hot chocolate stand, I'd prefer a different cause for the money to go for, but if this floats his boat, let him do so.

When I was in college (I was a Poli Sci Major), we were taught that party identification begins at an early age; that a kid knew he/she was a Democrat/Republican by age 6, even if that kid had no Earthly idea what that meant.  I knew by age 6 that I was a Democrat; my parents and my Grandmother were Democrats, and standard liberal Democrats at that.  By the time I was a teenager, Republicans were the enemy. and I was reflecting, for the most part, my parents' views of poltiics; liberal Democrats that supported American institutions such as the military, the police, etc.  My years as a Democratic activist were years where I tended to support the more conservative Democrats in the primary, but I was pretty partisan.  It was only in my thirties that I began to significantly change, politically.  I saw the Democrats espousing positions that, however well-meaning, undercut the institution of the nuclear family, and I became less and less able to defend being part of a party that progressively rejected the idea of a pro-life Democrat.  Even at that, I was (and, surprisingly, still am) a rather nominal Republican.   It is only in recent months that I have come to more or less identify as a Republican; this is mostly due to the nature of the opposition to Trump, which I view as anti-democratic (as opposed to Trump, who I have come view as unappreciative of a good part of democracy, sad to say).

Who knows how this kid will turn out?  Hillary (gag) was a Goldwater Girl.  Herman Badillo died a Republican, but he was the first Puerto Rican member of Congress and the most liberal Mayoral candidate in the 1973 Mayoral race.  All of their parents instilled political values in them.  Should we let this kid wait until he can log onto Atlas to develop his values?  Now THERE'S a scary proposition.  He'll be The Echo Chamber Boy.  Super!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2019, 03:04:36 PM »

Cite your stats on this.  Oh, you don't have any?  You just pulled them out of some dark place on your person?  Got it.

People have a need to believe that they are part of something bigger than themselves.  If my son had a hot chocolate stand, I'd prefer a different cause for the money to go for, but if this floats his boat, let him do so.

When I was in college (I was a Poli Sci Major), we were taught that party identification begins at an early age; that a kid knew he/she was a Democrat/Republican by age 6, even if that kid had no Earthly idea what that meant.  I knew by age 6 that I was a Democrat; my parents and my Grandmother were Democrats, and standard liberal Democrats at that.  By the time I was a teenager, Republicans were the enemy. and I was reflecting, for the most part, my parents' views of poltiics; liberal Democrats that supported American institutions such as the military, the police, etc.  My years as a Democratic activist were years where I tended to support the more conservative Democrats in the primary, but I was pretty partisan.  It was only in my thirties that I began to significantly change, politically.  I saw the Democrats espousing positions that, however well-meaning, undercut the institution of the nuclear family, and I became less and less able to defend being part of a party that progressively rejected the idea of a pro-life Democrat.  Even at that, I was (and, surprisingly, still am) a rather nominal Republican.   It is only in recent months that I have come to more or less identify as a Republican; this is mostly due to the nature of the opposition to Trump, which I view as anti-democratic (as opposed to Trump, who I have come view as unappreciative of a good part of democracy, sad to say).

Who knows how this kid will turn out?  Hillary (gag) was a Goldwater Girl.  Herman Badillo died a Republican, but he was the first Puerto Rican member of Congress and the most liberal Mayoral candidate in the 1973 Mayoral race.  All of their parents instilled political values in them.  Should we let this kid wait until he can log onto Atlas to develop his values?  Now THERE'S a scary proposition.  He'll be The Echo Chamber Boy.  Super!

No, genius, the statistically significant chance is merely noting if it's 7 years old he has such a revulsion towards brown people coming in this country oh, he's not going to be much different when he's a teenager.

Yada yada blah blah blah we like legal immigration not illegal immigration, blah blah blah. First off, most adults oppose legal immigration for the exact same reason they oppose illegal immigration. You really think this seven-year-old distinguishes between the two?

On a different note, what is with you lately? I and others have noticed you have been a real piece of.... Work recently. If you got some personal life issues hitting you up right now, maybe best to take a week or two off of Atlas to sort them out. Because right now your using Atlas 2 vent it's not a pretty look on you.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies