Jeffrey Epstein asked whether he and Trump interacted with underage girls
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:06:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Jeffrey Epstein asked whether he and Trump interacted with underage girls
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jeffrey Epstein asked whether he and Trump interacted with underage girls  (Read 998 times)
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 22, 2019, 12:04:36 PM »

This is going to be swept under the rug? Why did he plead the fifth?
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 12:19:21 PM »

Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 12:57:12 PM »

A woman already claimed Trump raped her when she was underage at a party organized by Epstein.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 01:03:14 PM »

I remember way back in October 2016 when Benjamin Wittes was teasing two stories that would come out about Trump that would outdo the Access Hollywood tape, someone on here was saying something like this would be one of them. I'm starting to think that may be right, and the other item was either paying a mistress to have an abortion or the Apprentice N word tape.

One question though, does Epstein hate Teump, and might he just have used that questing as a way to raise suspicion about him?
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 01:05:23 PM »

I do hope there is more investigation into this.

Pedophilia, in addition to being disgusting in its own right and needing investigation regardless, it is one of the few things that would have the power to turn Trump's base against him.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2019, 01:29:35 PM »

"I've known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy. He's a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side."

~ Trump in 2002
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2019, 01:30:26 PM »

This is exactly what Trump said about him a New York Magazine story from 2002.

And yet if you talk to Donald Trump, a different Epstein emerges. "I've known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy,'' Trump booms from a speakerphone. "He's a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it -- Jeffrey enjoys his social life."

Plain sight.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2019, 01:31:37 PM »

I mean we really aren’t supposed to be making judgements off of Fifth pleas.

Then again, if he’s already convicted, is there actually a self-incrimination possibility here? If one of our resident lawyers could answer that I’d appreciate it.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2019, 02:05:34 PM »

I do hope there is more investigation into this.

Pedophilia, in addition to being disgusting in its own right and needing investigation regardless, it is one of the few things that would have the power to turn Trump's base against him.

I mean, Roy Moore's base never turned against him, but the controversy did serve to mobilize the other side and hurt the enthusiasm of non-base soft Republican supporters.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2019, 02:48:32 PM »

Then again, if he’s already convicted, is there actually a self-incrimination possibility here? If one of our resident lawyers could answer that I’d appreciate it.

This is exactly what Trump said about him a New York Magazine story from 2002.

And yet if you talk to Donald Trump, a different Epstein emerges. "I've known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy,'' Trump booms from a speakerphone. "He's a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it -- Jeffrey enjoys his social life."

Plain sight.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2019, 03:25:29 PM »

If we're bringing this s**t up, it's worth noting that the prosecutor who cut an unbelievably lenient plea deal with Epstein (1 year in county jail) was Alexander Acosta, the current Secretary of Labor appointed by Trump.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2019, 03:42:36 PM »

To put this in perspective:

He had employees procuring underage girls for him... coercing them and manipulating them to get friends of theirs to join them.  He also used a modeling agency to traffic under age girls from abroad.

There are at least 80 victims, including one who insists he "raped" her (meaning in this case, forced himself on her).  He also was conspiring with other high profile people (perhaps Trump?) but he got an incredible plea deal. 

13 months in county jail in a private wing where he was allowed to leave for 12 hours a day, 6 days a week to work from his office.  Sex offenders are not allowed work release generally.

He has to register as a sex offender but seems not to be subject to the restrictions that apply to other registered sex offenders, namely... restrictions on where you can live.

Money is power.  And privilege.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2019, 03:46:26 PM »

The jury and judge aren't. Everybody else can make a judgment off it as they please.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2019, 03:52:51 PM »

In Minnesota you only have the option to plead the fifth before any testifying begins.  It is deemed unfair to be allowed to testify on your own behalf and paint a rosy picture with your lawyer but plead the fifth when the questions start to get tough with the prosecution.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2019, 05:17:00 PM »

The idea of not judging a Fifth plea only applies in the legal system. Outside of that, everyone knows you only plead the 5th if you're lying or have something to hide. this isn't some big secret.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2019, 08:43:35 PM »

We know that Trump used to walk in on naked changing teenage girls during his beauty pageants. Before the Trumpies start crying, Trump said he did it, and the girls have said he did it, and no one has denied it.

So this isn't a stretch at all.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2019, 08:52:26 PM »

We aren't, you're right BUT Trump himself once said that pleading the fifth indicates guilt. But that was in reference to Hillary Clinton, so somehow that's different, right? So, by going off of Trump's own logic, he is implicated in this.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies