CA GOP CHAIR election More party switches possible if Travis Allen is elected.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:10:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CA GOP CHAIR election More party switches possible if Travis Allen is elected.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: CA GOP CHAIR election More party switches possible if Travis Allen is elected.  (Read 1942 times)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 23, 2019, 07:49:41 AM »

smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 08:15:27 AM »

Allen is Trumpist in addition to being right-wing extremist... Such candidate as party chairman? Especially - in very Blue state, where Republicans endured heavy losses just few month ago??? Strange logic, IMHO....
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 09:23:58 AM »

Allen is Trumpist in addition to being right-wing extremist... Such candidate as party chairman? Especially - in very Blue state, where Republicans endured heavy losses just few month ago??? Strange logic, IMHO....

Yeah, seems like a bad idea. The best strategy imo would be to go full Charlie Baker.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2019, 09:32:12 AM »

Republicans must really want to go down to 4 congressional seats in California.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2019, 09:55:43 AM »

The 3 party switches almost certainly refer to  assembly/state senate.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2019, 10:30:00 AM »

The 3 party switches almost certainly refer to  assembly/state senate.

Probably. And if Baker would win (and she almost did in very hostile for modern Republican party district) - there would be more...
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2019, 10:50:16 AM »

Yeah, the three are probably state legislators sitting in Clinton seats who just saw 2018...and possibly SD mayor Kevin Faulconer.
Duke of York

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2019, 12:41:22 PM »

Its also like they deliberately trying to lose elections
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2019, 12:43:08 PM »

The 3 party switches almost certainly refer to  assembly/state senate.

oh yeah, I knew that,  just saying if they go down the Trumpian path I don't think it'll end well for them.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2019, 01:11:13 PM »
« Edited: February 23, 2019, 01:16:01 PM by Tintrlvr »

Yeah, seems like a bad idea. The best strategy imo would be to go full Charlie Baker.

Charlie Baker is on the back of decades of the Massachusetts Republican Party being completely irrelevant in the state: the Democrats have controlled both chambers of the state legislature since 1959, and the Republicans were being reduced to less than a third of both chambers for much of that time, including the entirety of the past two decades. It will take a long time for the California Republican Party to get there.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2019, 01:42:48 PM »

Charlie Baker is on the back of decades of the Massachusetts Republican Party being completely irrelevant in the state: the Democrats have controlled both chambers of the state legislature since 1959, and the Republicans were being reduced to less than a third of both chambers for much of that time, including the entirety of the past two decades. It will take a long time for the California Republican Party to get there.

As it goes - not so long: Republicans control less then 14% of US House seats from California now, 27.5% of state Senate seats, and less then 24% of state House seats. And this is hardly a bottom))))
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2019, 03:06:47 PM »

California has already had very conservative Republicans. A lot of hardcore right-wing rhetoric (socially and economically) came out of Orange County and other parts of Southern California setting the standard conservatives nationwide. They did used to have leaders who put a better face on the party while not putting off the extremely conservative wing.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2019, 07:52:38 PM »

As it goes - not so long: Republicans control less then 14% of US House seats from California now, 27.5% of state Senate seats, and less then 24% of state House seats. And this is hardly a bottom))))

It's not just the percentage of seats but the period of time over which the party is marginalized. The first couple of decades of irrelevance is the period when a party becomes extremely radicalized by speaking only to its base. Only after that period is over and the party truly accepts its irrelevance can the party start to moderate again.
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2019, 07:57:06 PM »
« Edited: February 23, 2019, 08:08:52 PM by Pickup Paulite »

California politics is going to Hell. News @11

I have no interest in these cretins remaining in the GOP. The fact that they are willing to join an ultra  radical fifth-column party because a mildly right-leaning person might be elected CAGOP chair tells me all I need to know. These people do not belong in the Republican Party, and their departure will be welcomed.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2019, 11:55:27 PM »

I have no interest in these cretins remaining in the GOP. The fact that they are willing to join an ultra  radical fifth-column party because a mildly right-leaning person might be elected CAGOP chair tells me all I need to know. These people do not belong in the Republican Party, and their departure will be welcomed.

( points and laughs) tee hee
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2019, 11:59:50 PM »

Well, I guess when Roy Moore is more liberal than you it’s understandable why you’d feel that way
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2019, 02:36:13 AM »

wtf is a normal republican than?
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2019, 03:37:24 AM »

A natural consequence of your nearly your entire party bowing down to Trump is that a) you face defections at the margins and b) after the defections (and incumbents who lose reelection which CAGOP had in spades) the people remaining are just Trump toadies. This is the logical consequence and it's going to happen in a lot more states than California.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2019, 07:44:59 AM »

It seems, that for author it's an extremely right wing trumpist only....
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2019, 03:02:05 PM »

CA GOP staves bleeding for one more cycle

https://twitter.com/cmaiduc/status/1099751853204488192?s=21

Travis Allen loses
LMAO how do you lose as the trumpiest candidate in today's GOP?
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2019, 06:23:49 PM »

Travis Allen loses
Because maybe, just maybe, for once the California GOP places surviving over ideological purity tests?
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2019, 07:33:03 PM »

I’m not even a trumpist. Trump is way too moderate for me.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2019, 08:38:48 PM »

I don’t know why people are making a fuss over who the CA GOP chose. They’re gonna be in the same sh**tty position no matter what. The CA GOP is already at less than 30% in both houses of the legislature and down to 7/53 House members with next to no chance of reversing any of that anytime soon. Too little too late.

I think they still have a future. Their goal in 2020 should be to win CA-48 back. In 2022, they should run Kevin Faulconer for a statewide office not named Governor or Lieutenant Governor, maybe Superintendent of Public Instruction, Insurance Commissioner, or Attorney General. If Harris is President, they should go after CA-10 and CA-45.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2019, 08:42:16 PM »

I’m not even a trumpist. Trump is way too moderate for me.
Is it because he doesn’t say Lincoln was a dictator?
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2019, 11:18:12 PM »

Travis Allen loses

Probably wise decision on part of California GOP. I almost lost hope in their ability to make one...
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies