Emerson-NH: Shaheen and Sununu tied
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:01:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  Emerson-NH: Shaheen and Sununu tied
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Emerson-NH: Shaheen and Sununu tied  (Read 3149 times)
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 23, 2019, 02:02:42 PM »

fwiw

inb4 indyrep.

http://emersonpolling.com/2019/02/23/bernie-takes-early-lead-in-new-hampshire-democratic-primary-potential-tight-us-senate-race-if-gov-sununu-takes-on-sen-shaheen/
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 02:05:26 PM »

I do believe Sununu would move this from Likely to Lean D, but I doubt he can win unless Trump is carrying the state at the same time. That said, I’ve underestimated him twice now, so who knows.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 02:21:34 PM »

But everyone (Atlas and the experts) told me that Alabama was the only Democratic seat that was vulnerable in 2020.

Really? The general consensus seems to be that AL and NH are the only two vulnerable Democratic seats (with Jones being DOA regardless of who Republicans run and Shaheen's race a Toss-up if Sununu jumps in).
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2019, 02:48:17 PM »

But everyone (Atlas and the experts) told me that Alabama was the only Democratic seat that was vulnerable in 2020.

Really? The general consensus seems to be that AL and NH are the only two vulnerable Democratic seats (with Jones being DOA regardless of who Republicans run and Shaheen's race a Toss-up if Sununu jumps in).

Michigan is also a possibility, especially if Trump wins it again.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2019, 02:58:28 PM »

That's the reason why Sununu should definitively run.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2019, 03:46:59 PM »

That's the reason why Sununu should definitively run.

Sununu should run because Republicans have to play some offense besides Alabama somewhere.

Colorado & Arizona look very bad despite Romanoff in CO not being a A-Lister. McSally would lose to Kelly I think if the Election would have been held today.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2019, 03:49:36 PM »

Worth noting that Bernie leads Trump by 10 in this sample. Which makes it all the more impressive that Sununu is tied with Shaheen.

Sununu walked away from Trump during the Wave kind like Environment Democrats had 2018.
I doubt that he can get away with that in 2020. Ayotte tried that in 2016 but lost.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2019, 05:35:07 PM »

I mean MI will be very tightly contested if James runs again.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2019, 06:07:02 PM »

Sununu in NH, James in MI, Pawlenty in MN, Baker in MA, and Freitas in VA = dems gets wiped off the board.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2019, 06:13:21 PM »

Sununu in NH, James in MI, Pawlenty in MN, Baker in MA, and Freitas in VA = dems gets wiped off the board.

1) Sununu said today that he will definitely NOT run for Senate, so you can forget about that.

2) Yeah, James could make Michigan competitive against Peters, but he would still be the underdog

3) Smith is safe no matter who the Minnesota GOP nominates. Pawlenty is a retread loser and he won't win a primary anyway.

4) lol. just lol.

5) see #4
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2019, 06:41:46 PM »

Sununu is the Republicans' best hope for this seat, but Shaheen would probably still be favored.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2019, 07:01:15 PM »
« Edited: February 23, 2019, 07:07:41 PM by Joni Ernst 20∞ »

The Absurd and Ignorant thread is that —> way

I’ll grant you the first two though. Sununu makes NH a tossup and James makes MI Leans D. I think James is still a bit overrated by forum Republicans though. He was the first Republican to lose Kent County in a federal race since Levin’s landslide re-election

Yeah, he lost a Trump +3 county that trended Democratic in 2016 of all years by less than 1%. Clearly any other Republican would have won that county in a Democratic wave year.

If anything, Peters is the one who’s overrated, not James.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2019, 09:12:06 PM »

Finally, Emerson uses undecideds.

Anyway, very surprising result, but one that makes sense in context, this is the Ds second most vulnerable seat. Its really up to Sununu, however, to jump in and make this a real race.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2019, 10:08:33 PM »

Pawlenty = Bredesen

Freitas = lol
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2019, 11:09:49 PM »

Pawlenty = Bredesen

Freitas = lol

Pawlenty would be much weaker than Bredesen. He was never particularly popular as governor, became a bank lobbyist after leaving office (just like Evan Bayh), tried to make a comeback in the 2018 governor's race and couldn't even win the primary against a guy who'd already lost in 2014. He'd get crushed.

As for Baker, it's just not gonna happen. He's great and I'd love to see him on the national stage, but he will absolutely not defeat an incumbent in MASSACHUSETTS with Trump, who is radioactive in the state, on the ballot. Bill Weld was just as popular as Baker in the 90s, but he ran for Senate against Kerry in 1996, only to lose by 7 points despite being the sitting governor. It would be an exact repeat of that, but I suspect Baker would lose by more.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2019, 11:13:31 PM »

Pawlenty = Bredesen

Freitas = lol

Pawlenty would be much weaker than Bredesen. He was never particularly popular as governor, became a bank lobbyist after leaving office (just like Evan Bayh), tried to make a comeback in the 2018 governor's race and couldn't even win the primary against a guy who'd already lost in 2014. He'd get crushed.

As for Baker, it's just not gonna happen. He's great and I'd love to see him on the national stage, but he will absolutely not defeat an incumbent in MASSACHUSETTS with Trump, who is radioactive in the state, on the ballot. Bill Weld was just as popular as Baker in the 90s, but he ran for Senate against Kerry in 1996, only to lose by 7 points despite being the sitting governor. It would be an exact repeat of that, but I suspect Baker would lose by more.

I feel I’ve told Woodbury three times Baker will never run for Senate, and loses if he tries, but he keeps forgetting.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2019, 11:17:09 PM »

Is he running for Senate? If not, who care
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2019, 11:40:04 PM »

I know he's a retread, but what about John Sununu, his brother who lost to Shaheen in 2008?
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2019, 11:54:32 PM »

I do believe Sununu would move this from Likely to Lean D, but I doubt he can win unless Trump is carrying the state at the same time. That said, I’ve underestimated him twice now, so who knows.

I give you a lot of shlt, but I agree.  It’s refreshing to see you sound even semi-reasonable about this random ass state you shouldn’t care about, haha.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2019, 11:56:45 PM »

I know he's a retread, but what about John Sununu, his brother who lost to Shaheen in 2008?

He's a lobbyist now and would get Bayh'd in the general or Pawlenty'd in the primary

Safe D with John Sununu

Lean D with Generic R

Tossup with Kelly Ayotte

Tilt R with Chris Sununu
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2019, 12:58:50 AM »

Trump is losing the state, this race wont get competetive.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2019, 01:18:33 AM »

Without Trump substantially more pragmatic Sununu could win, with him - i doubt.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2019, 01:05:43 PM »

Glad to see that they are allowing undecided voters here.

Sununu could make this competitive, but needs Trump to be highly competitive here to win.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2019, 11:31:55 AM »

The problem with the argument that being tied to McConnell would hurt Sununu is that Democrats tried aggressively to tie Rick Scott to McConnell. It didn't work and Nelson lost.

I personally think Sununu will run and win by a recount margin.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2019, 03:38:36 PM »

Pawlenty already said he's not going to run for office ever again after he lost his primary. And he wouldn't win the general and probably not even the primary anyway.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies