What would maps of Democratic victories in UT, ID, OK, and WY look like?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 08:52:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  What would maps of Democratic victories in UT, ID, OK, and WY look like?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What would maps of Democratic victories in UT, ID, OK, and WY look like?  (Read 1121 times)
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 24, 2019, 03:17:01 PM »

?
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 03:47:58 PM »

UT is probably a 67% landslide in Salt Lake County, 75% in Summit and >55% in Grand with a narrow flip in San Juan while still losing everything else?

OK would be landslides in Oklahoma, Tulsa, and Cleveland counties, and a narrow win in Comanche while losing everything else.  Muskogee and Cherokee will probably be long gone for Dems by the next time a statewide win is possible.
Galeel
Oashigo
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 05:44:26 PM »

I made a map for each of the states, but I can't figure out how to upload it here. How do you do that?
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2019, 11:38:48 AM »

For Wyoming, the starting point of reference would probably be the 2002 gubernatorial map (which produced a result of D+2).
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2019, 05:07:36 PM »

I made a map for each of the states, but I can't figure out how to upload it here. How do you do that?

Upload it to imgbb and then post the links here.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2019, 01:00:59 PM »

For Wyoming, the starting point of reference would probably be the 2002 gubernatorial map (which produced a result of D+2).

I don't know about that, things have changed a lot since then. For example, there's no way a victorious Democrat in 2019 would be below 60% in Teton County. Gary Trauner just cracked 60% there despite getting obliterated statewide against Barrasso.
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2019, 05:29:56 PM »

As someone who (for obvious reasons) has spent a lot of time fantasizing about Democrats actually winning his state: blow the GOP out in Teton and Albany Counties while winning Laramie County, turning out Native Americans on the Wind River Reservation, and keeping GOP margins in Natrona down as much as possible. It's not that unfathomable of a strategy, given that Cheyenne has been slowly trending D in recent years, but I'm going to hasten to add that this would still be an absurdly narrow victory.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies