The Left is angry Bernie hired the descendent of Stalinist famine victims
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:54:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Left is angry Bernie hired the descendent of Stalinist famine victims
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Left is angry Bernie hired the descendent of Stalinist famine victims  (Read 1672 times)
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2019, 02:57:30 PM »

Implying a bunch of tankies equals "the left".

Yeah, characterizing unspecified internet tankies as "the Left", with a capital L, is the sort of rhetoric I expect from Ben Shapiro or Steven Crowder, not an ALL LIBERAL ALL THE TIME forum icon.

Rose Twitter has morphed into something genuinely disturbing, favorite Maduro, Corbyn, and Stalin much more than Bernie or AOC.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2019, 03:00:10 PM »

Yeah, characterizing unspecified internet tankies as "the Left", with a capital L, is the sort of rhetoric I expect from Ben Shapiro or Steven Crowder, not an ALL LIBERAL ALL THE TIME forum icon.

Rose Twitter has morphed into something genuinely disturbing, favorite Maduro, Corbyn, and Stalin much more than Bernie or AOC.

Something similar but (so far) less pronounced is going on on this forum as well. I see myself as perhaps the most moderate and pro-liberal democracy of the major maroon avatars at this point, which I definitely didn't when the maroon avatars were first introduced.

I'm obliged to observe that Corbyn is not nearly as bad as Maduro or Stalin, but I'm a hell of a lot less inclined to defend him any further than that than I was as recently as a few weeks ago.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2019, 03:01:45 PM »

Exactly, "all liberal all the time." There's NOTHING liberal about this utterly repulsive section of the left.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2019, 03:09:05 PM »

Exactly, "all liberal all the time." There's NOTHING liberal about this utterly repulsive section of the left.

Too bad you've only know reminded yourself about this little nuance.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2019, 03:09:44 PM »

What I'm disputing is the idea that Twitter tankies can be characterized as "the Left" without further specification, since, as you say, they're a section of the illiberal left rather than constituting the entire left.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2019, 03:16:30 PM »

What I'm disputing is the idea that Twitter tankies can be characterized as "the Left" without further specification, since, as you say, they're a section of the illiberal left rather than constituting the entire left.

Thing is I absolutely despise these type of leftists, as well as people like Big Abraham and Jacobin American (who actually said he'd vote for Maduro so he's not just anti-intervention despite his claims) so I love it when people like Bernie and AOC piss them off and treat them with the level of disrespect they deserve. Same way I'd love it if some Tumblrites got furious at Bernie because he was seen eating Chinese food while campaigning or used only binary pronouns or something.
Bumaye

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2019, 09:27:16 PM »

I f-ing hate tankies.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2019, 10:12:15 PM »

Thing is I absolutely despise these type of leftists, as well as people like Big Abraham and Jacobin American (who actually said he'd vote for Maduro so he's not just anti-intervention despite his claims) so I love it when people like Bernie and AOC piss them off and treat them with the level of disrespect they deserve. Same way I'd love it if some Tumblrites got furious at Bernie because he was seen eating Chinese food while campaigning or used only binary pronouns or something.

What exactly did non-binary people do to you that makes you shoehorn your hatred of them into everything?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2019, 11:09:33 PM »
« Edited: February 25, 2019, 11:58:24 PM by Julian Assange is a Snowflake »

What exactly did non-binary people do to you that makes you shoehorn your hatred of them into everything?

You actually answered this yourself once on AAD*:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

But I'm not even talking about that. I highly doubt that Bernie is going to start speech by specifying his pronouns, or ask people on campaign trails their pronouns, and will probably frequently "assume" gender. By "non-binary" pronouns I'm referring to that Bernie will likely use gendered pronouns without first asking for them.

BTW I am probably the only poster on the forum who has ever voted for a self-described "non-binary" person.

*And to clarify, I do not hate "non-binary" people though I think the concept is kind of silly, I just like the quote.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2019, 01:18:08 AM »

A good example of the terrible people I'm talking about in the second point are the sort of people who actually attacked Elizabeth Warren for that ancestry nonsense on the left.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2019, 03:07:22 AM »

Ah, I see ol' Red has taken his "I'm not like other lefties, pick me" schtick to bad atlas this evening.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2019, 07:09:11 AM »

Lol wut?

One of the only legitimate reasons for the left to be angry at Bernie is his awful response to American "humanitarian aid" to Venezuela.

You won't be satisfied until everyone who opposes Nicolas Maduro has either starved to death or fled the country, will you?

You won't be satisfied until America turns Venezuela into another Iraq, Libya, Syria, or Ukraine, will you?
Ah yes because everyone who opposes Maduro is a neocon.

Where in my post did I say that?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I still wouldn't trust America to conduct that, even if it was likely a more justifiable humanitarian engagement.

Would you support US intervention in Venezuela if it was to support the Maduro government?

Absolutely not. If you think otherwise, then you're obviously deeply misunderstanding my position on the matter.

I'll summarize it quickly to avoid any more confusion: it doesn't matter how one feels about Maduro. Whether you support or oppose him, there's no justification for direct or indirect influence and/or intervention in Venezuela for the purpose of affecting their domestic politics. If Maduro is to be removed, then it should be through democratic means or a popular uprising that is free of external meddling. Basically, let the Venezuelan people manage Venezuelan affairs. America has no business there, cannot be trusted to be truly committed to simple humanitarianism, and we have a track record of appalling imperialism that results in mass chaos and destruction. I don't wish that on the Venezuelan people and, regardless of what anyone says, that will be the result of American meddling (direct or indirect).

I would agree with it.  We also have no responsibility to take in those fleeing Venezuela, due to the actions of their government.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies