TX Legislature: Theoretical path to majority in state house for Dems
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:18:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  TX Legislature: Theoretical path to majority in state house for Dems
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: TX Legislature: Theoretical path to majority in state house for Dems  (Read 1802 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2019, 02:21:33 AM »

Holy sh**t just looked at Texas 26th State house

Its Sugar Land in Fort bend and went from +27 Romney to a Beto win. WTF.
Is it Republican held?

Yes

I remember reading in article in 2004 about how Sugar Land was the dead center of Bush-era conservatism. My how the times have changed.

The combination of losing Fort Bend and Tarrant counties should be setting off emergency alarms for the TXGOP. If Denton and Collin counties flip then that's game.

It won’t only be game over in Texas it will be game over nationally as well . The GOP just can’t afford to lose Texas because there is just no way they can make it up . In 2016 losing Texas would mean that Hillary would have won without flipping any other state and add in the fact that Texas is getting ore EV and a loss in TX would mean GA and AZ would be gone as well would mean that the GOP would be locked out like the Dems were in the 1980s
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2019, 10:35:29 AM »

I just cannot see the TX Dems winning back both chambers of the TX State Legislature in my lifetime.

im pretty sure beto won 15 senate districts.

Indeed, he carried the 8th and 17th, both held by Republicans. Within 2 points of winning in SD 9.

Democrats have real pick up opportunities, but some of their best where this past election that slipped through their fingers, especially SD-8.
LoneStarDem
United States
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2019, 04:25:52 PM »

I just cannot see the TX Dems winning back both chambers of the TX State Legislature in my lifetime.

are you like 80 years old or something

I'm 33.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2019, 11:38:30 PM »

Is it Republican held?

Yes

I remember reading in article in 2004 about how Sugar Land was the dead center of Bush-era conservatism. My how the times have changed.

The combination of losing Fort Bend and Tarrant counties should be setting off emergency alarms for the TXGOP. If Denton and Collin counties flip then that's game.

It won’t only be game over in Texas it will be game over nationally as well . The GOP just can’t afford to lose Texas because there is just no way they can make it up . In 2016 losing Texas would mean that Hillary would have won without flipping any other state and add in the fact that Texas is getting ore EV and a loss in TX would mean GA and AZ would be gone as well would mean that the GOP would be locked out like the Dems were in the 1980s

Agreed. The math in the medium term just isn’t there for an R to win the EC without TX. Trump certainly can win again but if he wins, idk how long they’ll be locked out of the presidency. The D would definitely win TX in a yuge 2024 wave.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2019, 10:45:13 PM »
« Edited: March 05, 2019, 10:52:07 PM by #WalkAwayFromDesantis »

Is it Republican held?

Yes

Sugar Land was Tom Delay's old stomping ground. One of the long term advantages Republicans had was that the Democratic Northeast and Midwest was losing EV's while the Republican Sunbelt was gaining them fast. Democrats are still going to have some of the slow growing states like NY, NJ, MA, CT, RI and IL. But Democrats have now lost slow growing rural New England, and the Midwest minus IL, but have now gained the fast growing dynamic Sunbelt states like TX, AZ, and GA.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies