Beto O’Rourke 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 01:57:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Beto O’Rourke 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 51
Author Topic: Beto O’Rourke 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 86116 times)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: March 18, 2019, 07:08:09 AM »

Beto is off to a good start after all- Raising $6.1 Million in the first 24 hours, topping Bernie's $5.5 Million & Kamala's $1.5 Million.
*5.9 Million

However, I’d personally be more comfortable if we know how many donors he’s raised this amount of money from. To compare, Harris was ~38K and Sanders was ~225K.

My mistake regarding $5.5 vs $5.9.  Regarding the number of donors- he may have released this number- I haven't read an in depth article on the fundraising info.  But I do know that his Senate campaign received a lot of small dollar donors.

I expect he had a lower amount of donations than Sanders as its more #woke suburban women donating to him than #broke college students.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #526 on: March 18, 2019, 07:14:26 AM »

Beto is off to a good start after all- Raising $6.1 Million in the first 24 hours, topping Bernie's $5.9 Million & Kamala's $1.5 Million.

Take it Berniebros.

They're probably going to be even more triggered and deplorable today on social media than they normally are. Brace yourselves!

Joe and Mika can take a seat now too after they devoted a whole segment to trashing him, only minutes later having to report this glorious breaking news.
SCNCmod

« Reply #527 on: March 18, 2019, 07:17:28 AM »
« Edited: March 18, 2019, 07:23:40 AM by SCNCmod »

Beto is off to a good start after all- Raising $6.1 Million in the first 24 hours, topping Bernie's $5.5 Million & Kamala's $1.5 Million.
*5.9 Million

However, I’d personally be more comfortable if we know how many donors he’s raised this amount of money from. To compare, Harris was ~38K and Sanders was ~225K.

My mistake regarding $5.5 vs $5.9.  Regarding the number of donors- he may have released this number- I haven't read an in depth article on the fundraising info.  But I do know that his Senate campaign received a lot of small dollar donors.

I expect he had a lower amount of donations than Sanders as its more #woke suburban women donating to him than #broke college students.

That wouldn't be too bad for Beto- considering Woke Suburban women will talk to & recruit a lot of their friends- and are more reliable voters than broke college students (although I think Beto will end up getting a lot of support from Broke college students as well... he certainly did in Texas).
SCNCmod

« Reply #528 on: March 18, 2019, 07:21:18 AM »
« Edited: March 18, 2019, 07:28:39 AM by SCNCmod »

Beto is off to a good start after all- Raising $6.1 Million in the first 24 hours, topping Bernie's $5.9 Million & Kamala's $1.5 Million.

Take it Berniebros.

They're probably going to be even more triggered and deplorable today on social media than they normally are. Brace yourselves!

Joe and Mika can take a seat now too after they devoted a whole segment to trashing him, only minutes later having to report this glorious breaking news.

I was thinking the same thing.

How much of a bump in the iowa polls to you think Beto will get following his announcement & Iowa stops?  If it is a really noticeable jump- it will set of the bashers even more.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #529 on: March 18, 2019, 07:27:09 AM »

I can get rid of this ugly Biden signature! Thank you baby Jesus!
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #530 on: March 18, 2019, 07:50:40 AM »

Wow. r/politics is having a total meltdown right now.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #531 on: March 18, 2019, 07:53:28 AM »

I’m disappointed in this roll out so far. He seems to have made a splash in Iowa, but the national media is seizing on every misstep they can to paint him as unprepared and overhyped, and he’s helping them. His rally on the 30th better wow me.
This was me. I retract my statements. I read during his Senate run how unconventional he was and how little he cared about optics. Looks like I need to adjust to a new way of doing things. I was provided with a quote from over the weekend on healthcare that satisfied me and he raised 6.1 million in the first 24 hours. I disavow my previous statements of rescinding my support from Beto.
SCNCmod

« Reply #532 on: March 18, 2019, 07:53:58 AM »

Wow. r/politics is having a total meltdown right now.

Who is r/politics?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #533 on: March 18, 2019, 07:59:56 AM »

reddit politics

Probably even more of D hacks than atlas but during the 2016 primaries was super #bernie or bust.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #534 on: March 18, 2019, 08:02:18 AM »

I think he means reddit, another popular gathering place for the deplorable BernieBros who attack everyone who is a millimeter to the right of Saint Bernard as Ann Coulter Incarnate. 
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #535 on: March 18, 2019, 08:03:37 AM »

Beto in disarray!
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #536 on: March 18, 2019, 08:07:45 AM »

Holy smokes. Great work, Beto!

Bernouts are gonna lose their sh1t on social media today. Guarantee it.
SCNCmod

« Reply #537 on: March 18, 2019, 08:54:43 AM »

I was just listening to Richard Branson's "Dividend Plan" (his alternative idea to a carbon tax)...

Since a Carbon Tax is so unpopular ... "{A dividend on the other hand, Branson argues, would have some key advantages over such a tax: companies would get their money back by investing the dividend in emerging “low carbon fuels and other breakthrough technologies.” They would also open up “millions of new jobs,” making both the public and governments happy through driving fuel prices down and boosting the economy.}"

This would be something good for Beto to support.
Sherrod Brown Shill
NerdFighter40351
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -6.43

« Reply #538 on: March 18, 2019, 09:18:27 AM »

I was just listening to Richard Branson's "Dividend Plan" (his alternative idea to a carbon tax)...

Since a Carbon Tax is so unpopular ... "{A dividend on the other hand, Branson argues, would have some key advantages over such a tax: companies would get their money back by investing the dividend in emerging “low carbon fuels and other breakthrough technologies.” They would also open up “millions of new jobs,” making both the public and governments happy through driving fuel prices down and boosting the economy.}"

Isn't a carbon dividend just a revenue neutral carbon tax, but with payments instead of tax cuts elseware? If we ever do a carbon tax this is probably what it will be.
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #539 on: March 18, 2019, 09:24:39 AM »

It's going to be glorious.
Joey1996

« Reply #540 on: March 18, 2019, 09:24:44 AM »

Well I have some egg on my face, I thought they intially didnt report the numbers because they were low. Good for Beto.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #541 on: March 18, 2019, 09:25:54 AM »

I really am curious why he waited so long to announce this - surely he could have taken advantage of weekend news cycle better by announcing this as soon as it had happened?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #542 on: March 18, 2019, 09:27:26 AM »

It's going to be glorious.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #543 on: March 18, 2019, 09:29:03 AM »

Am I the only one who sees a bit of irony in people screeching about “muh Berniebros” all the time? Roll Eyes This site may have Jfern, but there are definitely more posters here with Bernie derangement syndrome than those who worship him as a god.

Anyway, those are certainly impressive numbers, though I’d definitely like to see how many individual donors there were. Not surprising at all that most of Atlas inscribed his tombstone after one day, though. And now, of course, he’s the presumptive nominee. This place is so predictable.
SCNCmod

« Reply #544 on: March 18, 2019, 09:30:00 AM »

Isn't a carbon dividend just a revenue neutral carbon tax, but with payments instead of tax cuts elseware? If we ever do a carbon tax this is probably what it will be.

I think rather than paying a tax- the companies are required to put that money into fund exploring clean energy (which they maintain control of and which they will receive any dividends that result from this investment)... so its sort of a different way that will be a lot more popular with companies and is a way to increase investment clean energy, etc. ... which is a different take on a carbon tax than the plans that are usually mentioned.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #545 on: March 18, 2019, 09:30:35 AM »

Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #546 on: March 18, 2019, 09:31:40 AM »

It's that "it" factor.
SCNCmod

« Reply #547 on: March 18, 2019, 09:37:10 AM »

The last two Dems that had that "It" factor make up the last 16 Dem Presidential years in the White House.  (and they were in their 40s as well)... and pretty good winning formula.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #548 on: March 18, 2019, 09:38:52 AM »

The last two Dems that had this "It" factor are make up the last 16 years of Dem Presidential years in the White House.  (and they were in their 40s as well)... and pretty good winning formula.

Are you telling me the average voter doesn't really care about issues that deeply(obviously being an actual Republican wouldn't work) but instead cares about useless stuff like retail politics and speeches?
SCNCmod

« Reply #549 on: March 18, 2019, 09:44:05 AM »
« Edited: March 18, 2019, 09:53:08 AM by SCNCmod »

The last two Dems that had this "It" factor are make up the last 16 years of Dem Presidential years in the White House.  (and they were in their 40s as well)... and pretty good winning formula.

Are you telling me the average voter doesn't really care about issues that deeply(obviously being an actual Republican wouldn't work) but instead cares about useless stuff like retail politics and speeches?

No- Just that most Dem Presidential candidates agree on 90% or more policy positions... but the key if finding a candidate with enough Xfactor to sell that message to voters.  Also there are many reasons that explain why over the past 30 years Dems win with younger candidates (under 53 I think) and lose with older candidates (over 53)... a main one being that younger voters are the least reliable but vote overwhelmingly Dem when the turnout...and younger candidates and "It" factor candidates tend to energize and turnout a higher percentage of these younger voters.

"It" factor candidates (when there is one in the race) also tend to win the 5% or so undecided voters in the middle (in the general election)- who basically vote for who they like the best rather than on policy (and this 5% often decides the election).

All that said- probably the honest answer to your question is that more average voters than anyone on Atlas would think... pick who they like the most in general... then rationalize a reason to vote for that person.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 51  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies