11 year old in Argentina gives birth to rapists child. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:39:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  11 year old in Argentina gives birth to rapists child. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 11 year old in Argentina gives birth to rapists child.  (Read 967 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: March 01, 2019, 12:17:46 AM »
« edited: March 01, 2019, 12:33:51 AM by God-Emperor Schultz »

I wasn't originally going to post in this thread because the story makes me sick to my stomach on just about every level, but David said pretty much what I was thinking.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 02:20:01 PM »

An 'out of sight out of mind' conclusion.

This is exactly what I've lost patience with about the politically-organized pro-life movement (this and the habit of lying and catastrophizing about pro-choicers' motivations). It's like this old Simpsons clip writ large.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 09:35:41 PM »
« Edited: March 02, 2019, 01:47:38 AM by God-Emperor Schultz »

You can only advocate for it at a personal one to one level and to be fair those who do (and it's been some time, so I don't know what your position is) tend to be disengaged from any mass pro-life movement, not necessarily just because it's politicised but because the movement doesn't have a workable goal.

This is pretty much exactly what my position is at this point. I retained some hope for political action against abortion as such until quite recently, but when the pro-life press resorted to outright lies about the content of the new abortion law in New York, a state with whose politics I'm quite familiar and in whose politics I'm quite invested, I decided I'd just had it. (Two of my closest friends are New York Democrats, one of them staunchly pro-choice; no matter how strong my philosophical disagreements with this friend, seeing New York Democrats characterized as evil demon monsters who wanted to see babies die didn't exactly endear me to my pro-life conspecifics.)

Which I accept is clearly still 'pro-choice' but less rooted in HARD SCIENCE which I think both sides are too eager to invoke.

Absolutely no argument there.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies