The White House: Tmthforu94 Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:52:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The White House: Tmthforu94 Administration
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: The White House: Tmthforu94 Administration  (Read 6733 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 01, 2019, 12:43:29 PM »
« edited: March 01, 2019, 12:52:11 PM by tmthforu94 »

The Tmthforu94 Administration

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 12:49:58 PM »

reserved
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 12:50:27 PM »

Inauguration Address

I am humbled to speak to you now as the President of Atlasia. We will face many challenges in the next four months and I am grateful for the trust that has been bestowed upon Lumine and me.

First, I want to thank President Weatherboy and his administration for their service to our nation. Serving as President is not an easy position, and I commend his administration for the work they did, notably bringing the North Korean Civil War to a peaceful end.

Today I take office as the 47th President, though this is my second time in the position. A lot has happened in the past eight years – I have learned so much more about the game and how it functions, but also have learned more about myself and how to display leadership with honesty and integrity.

We have obstacles facing this game that have been ongoing for years. Since I started playing in 2009, we’ve heard talk of inactivity, the need for reform and the lack of true mock government occurring. We may not completely solve these issues during this term, but we will be hitting the ground running and will make significant process.

We will work with the three appointed council to accomplish our top priorities: normalize relations with China and become a global leader again, finalize a budget and look at reforms that can be made to make our game work more efficiently. We have assembled a fantastic cabinet that will work very hard for The People. In addition, my Vice President and I will be working very closely with members of Congress, from all sides, to pass legislation that is sensible and is of high quality.

In response the joke made by outgoing President Weatherboy recently about using nuclear weapons on another country – our administration takes the use of nuclear weapons very seriously and recognizes the impact that comments like these have. I assure the Atlasian people and people of the world that such actions will not continue in our administration. I look forward to speaking with world leaders to rebuild our partnerships around the world that make our nation and world a safer place. 

I am excited to roll up my sleeves and get to work. I will work very hard for Atlasia during the next four months. Our office will be active and very transparent – please reach out to Lumine or me at any point if you have questions, ideas or feedback that you’d like to share. Thank you for this opportunity – we will not let you down! Stay tuned!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 12:59:29 PM »

Quote from: Executive Order 47-001
Executive Order
Nomination of cabinet officials

Peebs is hereby retained as Registrar General and Secretary of Federal Elections.
WXTransit is hereby retained as Secretary of State.
Ninja is hereby retained as Secretary of Internal Affairs.
RPryor is dismissed as Attorney General. 118AZ is hereby appointed Attorney General.

X President Tmthforu94

Quote from: Executive Order 47-002
Executive Order
Organization of National Archivist positions

EO 45-009 is hereby rescinded.
EO 39-001, Article 1, Clause 6 shall read as follows: 6. The National Archivist shall have the ability to appoint up to five deputy archivists to delegate specific portions of the Wiki to. These deputies shall not be subject to Senate confirmation.
7. The President shall retain the authority to oversee, direct and assist the Archivist(s) in their efforts to update the wiki.

RPryor is dismissed as National Archivist. AustralianSwingVoter is hereby appointed National Archivist.

X President Tmthforu94
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2019, 01:09:08 PM »
« Edited: March 01, 2019, 01:34:30 PM by tmthforu94 »

Quote from: Executive Order 47-003
Executive Order
Establishment of National Security Council Guidelines
All previous executive orders pertaining to the composition of the National Security Council (NSC) are hereby rescinded.

The National Security Council shall be composed of the following members:
President
Vice President
Secretary of State
Secretary of Internal Affairs
3-5 members who serve at the discretion of the President.

X President Tmthforu94

Quote from: Executive Order 47-004
Executive Order
Nominations to the National Security Council
The National Security Council (NSC) shall be comprised of the following members:
Tmthforu94 (President)
Lumine (Vice President)
WXTransit (Secretary of State)
Ninja (Secretary of Internal Affairs)
North Carolina Yankee
Bruhgmger2
Tea Party Hater

All members, affiliate or otherwise, will be subject to statutory restrictions on the dissemination of classified information and subject to prosecution for violations.

X President Tmthforu94
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2019, 01:12:34 PM »
« Edited: March 01, 2019, 01:34:45 PM by tmthforu94 »

Quote from: Executive Order 47-005
Executive Order
Nominations to the Domestic Policy Council

In compliance with EO 45-002, the Domestic Policy Council (DPC) shall be comprised of the following members:

Tmthforu94 (President)
Lumine (Vice President)
WXTransit (Secretary of State)
North Carolina Yankee
Spiral
Wulfric
Pericles
Louisville Thunder
Tack50

X President Tmthforu94

Quote from: Executive Order 47-006
Executive Order
Nominations to the Reform Council

In compliance with EO 45-004, The Reform Council shall be comprised of the following members:

Tmthforu94 (President)
Lumine (Vice President)
118AZ (Attorney General)
RPryor
Pericles
Thumb21
ReaganClinton
North Carolina Yankee

X President Tmthforu94
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2019, 01:14:37 PM »

Quote from: Executive Order 47-007
Executive Order
Implementation of the Mexico City Policy

The Mexico City Policy is hereby reinstated, effective March 1st, 2019.

X President Tmthforu94
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2019, 01:21:01 PM »

Quote from: Executive Order 47-008
Executive Order
Designation of the World Organisation for Animal Health as a Public International Organization and Establishment of National Rabies Day

As President of Atlasia, I hereby designate the World Organisation for Animal Health as a public international organization entitled to enjoy the privileges, exemptions, and immunities provided by the International Organizations Immunities Act. This designation is not intended to abridge in any respect privileges, exemptions, or immunities that such organization otherwise may have acquired or may acquire by law.

I give specific recognition to the organization’s work on combatting the rabies epidemic, which particularly hit the Southern Region of Atlasia due to raccoon attacks in 2018. The organization has provided significant policy, technical and strategic advice for the diagnosis, control and eradication of rabies throughout the world.

September 28th of each year shall be classified as National Rabies Day, in compliance with World Rabies Day. The purpose will be to raise awareness about rabies and help bring together partners to enhance preventative efforts nationwide.

Note: This executive order is based off of EO 271 by the Obama administration in January 2017.

X President Tmthforu94
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2019, 07:38:47 PM »

Statement from the President

I am withdrawing the nomination of AustralianSwingVoter as National Archivist. His confirmation hearing has been a circus and his actions on Discord have displayed a lack of maturity. I no longer trust his ability to lead Wiki reform, an issue that has always been important to me. This evening, I asked him to withdraw his objection to a final vote as I believe his nomination has been sufficiently debated and it is time for the Senate to vote and move on to other issues. He openly refused and said he wanted to keep it open "for the theatrics." He is welcome and encouraged to keep making edits, if he chooses.

In addition, his attacks on Wulfric are borderline harassment and quite frankly disturbing.  My administration will operate a zero tolerance policy on harassment/bullying. On behalf of the administration, I apologize to Wulfric for the attacks that have been made towards him by my nominee.

The position will be vacant and we will look at appointing someone else very soon, possibly reverting to co-Archivists as it was in the past. Please contact me if you are interested in applying.

Quote from: Executive Order 47-009
Executive Order
Rescinding National Archivist Nominee

The nomination of AustralianSwingVoter as National Archivist is withdrawn.

X President Tmthforu94
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2019, 11:09:07 AM »

Quote from: Executive Order 47:010
Executive Order
To empower veterans and decrease suicide rates

By the authority vested in me as President of Atlasia, it is hereby ordered as follows:

Section 1: Purpose
Dozens of service members and veterans die by suicide each day.  In Atlasia, it is imperative that we provide better care for those who have risked their lives fighting for the freedoms we cherish every day. I am issuing this national call to action to improve the quality of life for our veterans.

Section 2: Establishment of the Veteran Wellness, Empowerment, and Suicide Prevention Task Force

1. The Veteran Wellness, Empowerment, and Suicide Prevention Task Force, co-chaired by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs and the Secretary of Internal Affairs, is hereby established.

2. In addition to the Co-Chairs, the Task Force shall include officials from the following departments: Department of Defense, Labor, Health and Human Services, Housing and Urban Development, Energy, Education, Homeland Security and a member of the National Security Council.

Section 3: Taskforce Guidelines
1. Within 365 days of the date of this order, the Task Force shall develop and submit to the President the roadmap to empower veterans to pursue an improved quality of life, prevent suicide, prioritize related research activities, and strengthen collaboration across the public and private sectors.  The roadmap shall analyze opportunities to better harmonize existing efforts within Federal, State, local, territorial, and tribal governments, and non-governmental entities.  The roadmap shall include:
(i)    the community integration and collaboration proposal described in section 6 of this order, which will better coordinate and align existing efforts and services for veterans and promote their overall quality of life;
(ii)   the research strategy described in section 7 of this order, which will advance my Administration’s efforts to improve quality of life and reduce suicide among veterans by better integrating existing efforts of governmental and non-governmental entities and by improving the development and use of metrics to quantify progress of these efforts; and
(iii)  an implementation strategy that includes a description of policy changes and resources that may be required.

2.  In developing the roadmap, the Co-Chairs shall, at their discretion and in consultation with the other members of the Task Force, engage with:
(i)    State, local, territorial, and tribal officials;
(ii)   private healthcare and hospital systems, healthcare providers and clinicians, academic affiliates, educational institutions, and faith-based and other community, non-governmental, and non-profit organizations; and
(iii)  veteran and military service organizations.

Section 4: Regional and Local Action
1. Within 365 days of the date of this order, the Task Force shall submit a legislative proposal to the President through the Department of Internal Affairs that establishes a program for making grants to local communities to enable them to increase their capacity to collaborate with each other to integrate service delivery to veterans and to coordinate resources for veterans.  The legislative proposal shall promote the development of milestones and metrics in pursuit of:
(a)  community integration that brings together veteran-serving organizations to provide veterans with better coordinated and streamlined access to a multitude of services and supports, including those related to employment, health, housing, benefits, recreation, education, and social connection; and
(b)  promoting a stronger sense of belonging and purpose among veterans by connecting them with each other, with civilians, and with their communities through a range of activities, including physical activity, community service, and disaster response efforts.

Section 5:  Development of a National Research Strategy.
1. Within 365 days of the date of this order, the Task Force shall develop a national research strategy to improve the coordination, monitoring, benchmarking, and execution of public- and private-sector research related to the factors that contribute to veteran suicide.
2. As the Task Force develops this national research strategy, the Co-Chairs may, at their discretion and in consultation with the other members of the Task Force, engage with the persons and entities described in section 5(b)(i) through (iii) of this order, as well as with Federal Government entities.
3.  The national research strategy shall include milestones and metrics designed to:
(i)    improve our ability to identify individual veterans and groups of veterans at greater risk of suicide;
(ii)   develop and improve individual interventions that increase overall veteran quality of life and decrease the veteran suicide rate;
(iii)  develop strategies to better ensure the latest research discoveries are translated into practical applications and implemented quickly;
(iv)   establish relevant data-sharing protocols across Federal partners that also align with the community collaboration outlined in section 6 of this order;
(v)    draw upon technology to capture and use health data from non-clinical settings to advance behavioral and mental health research to the extent practicable;
(vi)   improve coordination among research efforts, prevent unnecessarily duplicative efforts, identify barriers to or gaps in research, and facilitate opportunities for improved consolidation, integration, and alignment; and
(vii)  develop a public-private partnership model to foster collaborative, innovative, and effective research that accelerates these efforts.

4.The national research strategy shall not be limited to clinical or healthcare interventions, but should approach the problem of veteran suicide in a holistic manner to improve overall veteran quality of life.

Section 6: Administrative Provisions.
The Department of Internal Affairs shall provide funding and administrative support as may be necessary for the performance and functions of the Task Force.

Section 7: Termination of the Task Force
After submission of the roadmap described in section 5 of this order, the Task Force established in section 3 of this order shall monitor implementation of the roadmap.  The Task Force shall terminate 2 years following the submission to the President of the roadmap.

Section 8: General Provisions
1.  Nothing in this order shall be construed to impair or otherwise affect:
(i)   the authority granted by law to an executive department or agency, or the head thereof; or
(ii)  the functions of the Department of Internal Affairs relating to budgetary, administrative, or legislative proposals.

2. This order shall be implemented consistent with applicable law and subject to the availability of appropriations.
3.  This order is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against Atlasia, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.

Note: This executive order is based off of EO 97 by the Trump administration in March 2019.

X President Tmthforu94
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2019, 03:55:03 PM »

Using precedent I recall as being that used by PiT when Goldwater was VP, I hereby verify joint passage of the following Act by both houses of Congress assembled and is thus presented for your signature or veto.

Quote from: Final Congressional Text
Act of Congress

to close the loophole for changing one's region more often than every six months.

Enacted by both houses of Congress assembled:

SECTION I. NAME.
1. This Act may be cited as the Close the Regional Change Loophole Act of 2019.

SEC. II. CLOSING THE LOOPHOLE.
1. Section 14 of the Federal Electoral Act (F.L. 1-9) is amended by adding the following sections and renumbering accordingly:
4. Upon voluntary deregistration, a person may not be allowed to register again until 168 hours have passed and, unless they were resident in their region of residence and/or deregistered for the previous 180 days  may not register in another region.
5. Congress, by a 2/3rds vote in each chamber, may unilaterally suspend Section 14 clause 3 in times of an emergency.

SEC. III. IMPLEMENTATION.
1. This Act shall take effect immediately upon its passage.

People's Regional Senate
Passed 3-0 in the Atlasian Senate Assembled,

People's House of Representatives
Passed 8-0-1 in the People's House assembled,

Joint Passage of Act of Congress

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2019, 04:10:41 PM »

Presidential Signing: Close the Regional Change Loophole Act of 2019

Quote from: Final Congressional Text
Act of Congress

to close the loophole for changing one's region more often than every six months.

Enacted by both houses of Congress assembled:

SECTION I. NAME.
1. This Act may be cited as the Close the Regional Change Loophole Act of 2019.

SEC. II. CLOSING THE LOOPHOLE.
1. Section 14 of the Federal Electoral Act (F.L. 1-9) is amended by adding the following sections and renumbering accordingly:
4. Upon voluntary deregistration, a person may not be allowed to register again until 168 hours have passed and, unless they were resident in their region of residence and/or deregistered for the previous 180 days  may not register in another region.
5. Congress, by a 2/3rds vote in each chamber, may unilaterally suspend Section 14 clause 3 in times of an emergency.

SEC. III. IMPLEMENTATION.
1. This Act shall take effect immediately upon its passage.

People's Regional Senate
Passed 3-0 in the Atlasian Senate Assembled,

Passed 8-0-1 in the People's House assembled,

X President Tmthforu94
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2019, 11:02:07 AM »

Statement from the President

Happy International Women's Day to the strong women we have in Atlasia and across the world. In a forum/game that has been dominated by men, I am grateful for the progress that has been made in recent years - we've had women in several key positions, including former President Fhtagn!! Still have a lot of work to do to make this game a more welcoming place for all.

Today we celebrate the power of women fighting for important causes and driving change in various settings, paving the way for future generations of female leaders.

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2019, 02:24:06 PM »

Statement from the White House

Tornado Damage in Alabama

Today, President Tmthforu94 is touring areas devastated by tornadoes in Alabama with Southern Governor Young Texan.  Storms earlier this week killed 23 people. The President and Governor will be visiting a memorial to the victims this afternoon.

Earlier this week, President Tmthforu94 issued this area as a federal major disaster area  - federal officials will be working with the region to provide aide to victims and assist in cleanup efforts.

"I want to thank all of the brave men and women at FEMA as well as the countless volunteers putting time in to help those affected by these devastating storms. I extend my heartfelt condolences to the families who lost loved ones this past week - you are in my prayers. The federal government is here to work hard with Governor YT and the Southern Government in the coming days and weeks as we work to heal and rebuild" - Statement from President Tmthforu94
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2019, 10:24:58 PM »

Quote from: Executive Order 47-011
Executive Order
Appointing a National Archivist

Razze is hereby appointed National Archivist.

X President Tmthforu94
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2019, 04:21:13 PM »

Presidential Statement on New Executive Order to Re-Establish the National Space Council

Vice President Lumine and I reiterated a commitment on the campaign trail to a renewed focus on space exploration during our administration. We are excited to get the ball rolling on this issue by re-establishing the National Space Council. This Council will take a holistic approach at developing our country's space policy - topics I expect to be heavily discussed is further explanation that can be done on Earth, Mars exploration and preliminary discussions for Space Force.

Quote from: Executive Order 47-012
Executive Order
Re-Establishing the National Space Council

By the authority vested in me as President of Atlasia, it is hereby ordered as follows:

The National Space Council was established in 1989 but disbanded in 1993. This executive order revives the council and provides additional responsibilities.

Section 2: Revival and Composition of the National Space Council
1. The Council is hereby revived and shall resume operations.
2. The Council shall be led by the Vice President of Atlasia. The Chief of Staff shall also serve on the council. They have the authority to appoint up to five (5) Atlasian citizens to serve on the council. In addition, non-playable officials from the following offices will be on the council:
(i) The Department of State
(ii) The Department of Internal Affairs
(iii) The Department of Defense
(iv) The Department of Commerce
(v) The Department of Transportation
(vi) The Department of Homeland Security

Section 3: Functions of the Council
1. The Council shall advise and assist the President regarding national space policy and strategy, and perform such other duties as the President may, from time to time, prescribe.
2. Review Atlasian Government space policy, including long-range goals, and develop a strategy for national space activities;
3. Monitor and coordinate implementation of the objectives of the President’s national space policy and strategy;
4. Foster close coordination, cooperation, and technology and information exchange among the civil, national security, and commercial space sectors;
5. Advise on participation in international space activities conducted by the Atlasian Government and military activities, including the potential creation of an additional military branch for space;
6. Facilitate the resolution of differences concerning major space and space-related policy matters.

Section 4: Administrative Provisions
1. To aid in the performance of the functions of the Council:
(i) The Office of Administration in the Executive Office of the President shall provide the Council with administrative support on a reimbursable basis.
(ii) This order shall be implemented consistent with applicable law and subject to the availability of appropriations.

Section 5: Report
Within 6 months of the date of this order, the Council shall submit a report to the President setting forth its assessment of, and recommendations for, the space policy and strategy of the Atlasian Government.

X President Tmthforu94

Note: This executive order is attributed to the RL Trump Administration, which issued a similar executive order in June 2017. The full text of the executive order can be found here.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2019, 04:26:11 PM »

Quote from: Executive Order 47-013
Executive Order
Appointing a Debate Moderator

TimTurner is hereby appointed Debate Moderator.

X President Tmthforu94
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2019, 04:50:46 PM »

I thank the President for the appointment.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2019, 10:36:44 AM »

Quote from: Executive Order 47-014
Executive Order
To encourage Atlasian-made products for infrastructure projects

1. It is the policy of the executive branch to maximize the use of goods, products and materials produced in Atlasia, in federal procurements and through the terms and conditions of federal financial assistance awards.

Section 2: Implementation
1. Within 60 days of the date of this order, the head of each executive department and agency administering a covered program shall, as appropriate and to the extent consistent with law, encourage recipients of new Federal financial assistance awards pursuant to a covered program to use products produced in Atlasia in every contract, subcontract and purchase order.
2. The list of products includes, but is not limited to, iron, aluminum, steel, cement and other manufactured products.

Section 3: General Provisions
1. Nothing in this order shall be construed to impair or otherwise affect:
(i) the authority granted by law to an executive department or agency, or the head thereof;
(ii) existing rights or obligations under international agreements.
2. This order shall be implemented consistent with applicable law and subject to the availability of appropriations.
3. This order is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against Atlasia, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.

Note: This executive order is attributed to the RL Trump Administration, which issued a similar executive order in January 2019. The full text of the executive order can be found here.

X President Tmthforu94
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2019, 11:43:13 PM »

Mr. President, the Wage Insurance Act has been passed by Congress:

AN ACT
To provide lost wages to displaced workers through the formation of a Wage Insurance Program

Section 1: Title and Definitions
1. This act may be cited as the "Wage Insurance Act."
2. "Displaced Workers" shall be defined as workers currently earning less than $40,000 a year who had previously held a job where they earned at least $40,000 before being laid off.
3. "Laid off" shall be defined as being fired without cause.

Section 2: Creation of a Wage Insurance Program
1. A federal program, entitled the "National Wage Insurance Fund", shall be formed within the federal government.

Section 3: Functioning of the Wage Insurance Program
1. The National Wage Insurance Fund shall administer categorical grants to regional unemployment insurance programs.
2. The grant money shall be spent by the regional governments on wage insurance for displaced workers.
3. Eligible workers shall receive-
a. Half of the difference between the initial wage 13 weeks prior to being laid off and an eligible worker's new wage
b. Reimbursement of any applicable job training or retraining costs
4. Congress shall be responsible for allocating the necessary funds to the federal program, and thence to the regional governments.
5. The regional governments will be responsible for determining how many people at the regional level qualify for the program, and thence distributing the grant money accordingly.

Section 4: Eligibility Requirements
1. An eligible worker shall be defined as-
a. Any displaced worker who has spent not less than 3 years in their current position of employment
b. Any displaced worker who is not eligible to receive assistance under the Trade Adjustment Assistance Act.
c. Any displaced worker who has been unemployed for not more than 15 weeks.
3. Eligible workers shall not receive wage assistance exceeding $10,000 per annum.
4. Eligibility for wage assistance shall close after a period of two fiscal years since rehiring.

Section 5: Cost
1. The Department of the Game Moderator shall be responsible for determining the cost of the fund.

Section 6: Implementation
1. This bill shall be implemented at the start of the next fiscal year.

Passed 5-4-0 in the People's House assembled,

People's Regional Senate
Passed 3-2-0 in the Atlasian Senate Assembled,

x LumineVonReuental
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2019, 10:16:56 AM »

Mr. President, the Wage Insurance Act has been passed by Congress:

AN ACT
To provide lost wages to displaced workers through the formation of a Wage Insurance Program

Section 1: Title and Definitions
1. This act may be cited as the "Wage Insurance Act."
2. "Displaced Workers" shall be defined as workers currently earning less than $40,000 a year who had previously held a job where they earned at least $40,000 before being laid off.
3. "Laid off" shall be defined as being fired without cause.

Section 2: Creation of a Wage Insurance Program
1. A federal program, entitled the "National Wage Insurance Fund", shall be formed within the federal government.

Section 3: Functioning of the Wage Insurance Program
1. The National Wage Insurance Fund shall administer categorical grants to regional unemployment insurance programs.
2. The grant money shall be spent by the regional governments on wage insurance for displaced workers.
3. Eligible workers shall receive-
a. Half of the difference between the initial wage 13 weeks prior to being laid off and an eligible worker's new wage
b. Reimbursement of any applicable job training or retraining costs
4. Congress shall be responsible for allocating the necessary funds to the federal program, and thence to the regional governments.
5. The regional governments will be responsible for determining how many people at the regional level qualify for the program, and thence distributing the grant money accordingly.

Section 4: Eligibility Requirements
1. An eligible worker shall be defined as-
a. Any displaced worker who has spent not less than 3 years in their current position of employment
b. Any displaced worker who is not eligible to receive assistance under the Trade Adjustment Assistance Act.
c. Any displaced worker who has been unemployed for not more than 15 weeks.
3. Eligible workers shall not receive wage assistance exceeding $10,000 per annum.
4. Eligibility for wage assistance shall close after a period of two fiscal years since rehiring.

Section 5: Cost
1. The Department of the Game Moderator shall be responsible for determining the cost of the fund.

Section 6: Implementation
1. This bill shall be implemented at the start of the next fiscal year.

Passed 5-4-0 in the People's House assembled,

People's Regional Senate
Passed 3-2-0 in the Atlasian Senate Assembled,

x LumineVonReuental

VETO!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2019, 10:08:57 PM »

Statement from President Tmthforu94

Very saddened by the terrorist attacks that occurred yesterday at mosques in New Zealand. Atlasians reject hatred in our own country and across the globe. My thoughts and prayers are with those who lost their lives and their families, as well as other injured and impacted by this tragedy.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2019, 10:46:58 PM »

There was a vote linkage error in the above vetoed text as well. I didn't notice it at first, but it links to the Senate Amendment text vote that was 4-0-1, which was rejected by the House 5-4. Lumine updated the vote, but didn't switch the links.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2019, 11:28:19 PM »

There was a vote linkage error in the above vetoed text as well. I didn't notice it at first, but it links to the Senate Amendment text vote that was 4-0-1, which was rejected by the House 5-4. Lumine updated the vote, but didn't switch the links.
I didn't click the links since I had followed along through the debate. To clarify for the record, my veto was towards the House version that passed both chambers (though I would have vetoed the Senate version as well).
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2019, 11:59:55 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=312978.msg6709211#msg6709211

We also voted on the right one, the original House version, but I think Lumine accidently clicked quote on the one above it since the posts are right next to each other, thus resulting in the wrong text at the end of the thread and the wrong one being posted here in this thread.

It is unusual for this to happen though, where the chamber rejects the amended version and then the original version comes back to a vote in the second chamber.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies