Senate Confirmation Hearing: ASV for National Archivist (Withdrawn)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:04:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Confirmation Hearing: ASV for National Archivist (Withdrawn)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Senate Confirmation Hearing: ASV for National Archivist (Withdrawn)  (Read 1504 times)
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2019, 07:14:58 PM »

Why did you, on multiple occasions, make the chart of the House page look uneven and wonky?
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2019, 07:16:33 PM »

Why did you, on multiple occasions, make the chart of the House page look uneven and wonky?
More compact, rather. However given the lack of interest in such a change, it was reverted.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2019, 07:18:08 PM »

More compact, rather. However given the lack of interest in such a change, it was reverted.
I thought it looked out of proportion.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2019, 07:19:59 PM »

I thought it looked out of proportion.
Indeed, it seems the style for this specific table is agreed to be more focused on equality and evenness rather than compactness. Indeed I can most certainly comprehend such an argument, and as such the change was reverted and removed, and shall not be attempted again.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2019, 07:23:43 PM »
« Edited: March 03, 2019, 07:27:22 PM by AustralianSwingVoter »

A statement to the Senate

I do hope that there shall be more questions directed towards myself, as this hearing shouldn't be conducted half-heartedly, methinks. And I would elucidate that I do indeed hope for additional questions not only from members of the Senate, but from any and all citizens, as indeed the more questions asked, the better.
So I do hope that a further glut of questions will become apparent forthwith, as indeed it should.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2019, 07:29:21 PM »

I do hope that there shall be more questions directed towards myself, as this hearing shouldn't be conducted half-heartedly, methinks. And I would elucidate that I do indeed hope for additional questions not only from members of the Senate, but from any and all citizens, as indeed the more questions asked, the better.

While I agree with this, the more questions the better; it's worth noting that this hearing seems to be performing quite well in that aspect.

Compare it to say, AZ's hearing for Attorney General, or with wxtransit's hearing for Secretary of State; both of which generated less questions.

Either way, ask and you shall receive.

It would probably be a good idea to archive budgets so that future Congresses have an easier time passing them as they can base their budgets off the previous one. Currently there doesn't seem to be much information on the subject in the wiki.

Do you have any plans for archiving the budget and the budget process? What will be your approach to the budget regarding the Wiki?
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2019, 07:35:14 PM »

While I agree with this, the more questions the better; it's worth noting that this hearing seems to be performing quite well in that aspect.

Compare it to say, AZ's hearing for Attorney General, or with wxtransit's hearing for Secretary of State; both of which generated less questions.

Either way, ask and you shall receive.

It would probably be a good idea to archive budgets so that future Congresses have an easier time passing them as they can base their budgets off the previous one. Currently there doesn't seem to be much information on the subject in the wiki.

Do you have any plans for archiving the budget and the budget process? What will be your approach to the budget regarding the Wiki?
That is a fantastic idea, Senator, and indeed I feel that such a course of action must indeed be pursued by myself and my team if I am indeed confirmed. Forsooth, I do feel that this idea of yours is most exemplary, and you must be congratulated for it.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2019, 07:56:50 PM »

A follow-up: what are the qualities you are looking for in a deputy archivist?
A wide range of qualities and qualifications that would endear themselves to a favourable position with regards to the question of appointment to the aforementioned office.
Such qualities and qualifications may include a record of activity on the wiki, background knowledge of Atlasian history, a good activity record, having lots of free time, being able to pursue a non-biased approach to editing, not being called Wulfric, not being too controversial, and a good few more I can't think of off the top of my head.
And to be clear, an appointee is not expected to have every single one of these qualifications. That would be near-impossible, yet alone for 5 separate people. Rather, these qualities and qualifications are some aspects that would help increase their chances.
And to be clear, if I my nomination is passed by the Senate, the first thing I'll be doing will be soliciting for applications from persons interested in holding this office. Then I'll sort through applications and also separately contact persons I feel would be suited for this role.
I hereby endorse the nomination of AustralianSwingVoter and will proudly vote in the affirmative.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2019, 08:13:45 PM »

A wide range of qualities and qualifications that would endear themselves to a favourable position with regards to the question of appointment to the aforementioned office.
Such qualities and qualifications may include a record of activity on the wiki, background knowledge of Atlasian history, a good activity record, having lots of free time, being able to pursue a non-biased approach to editing, not being called Wulfric, not being too controversial, and a good few more I can't think of off the top of my head.
And to be clear, an appointee is not expected to have every single one of these qualifications. That would be near-impossible, yet alone for 5 separate people. Rather, these qualities and qualifications are some aspects that would help increase their chances.
And to be clear, if I my nomination is passed by the Senate, the first thing I'll be doing will be soliciting for applications from persons interested in holding this office. Then I'll sort through applications and also separately contact persons I feel would be suited for this role.
I hereby endorse the nomination of AustralianSwingVoter and will proudly vote in the affirmative.
I am very happy the Senator is in agreement with me with regards to my opinion of Wulfric.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2019, 09:13:08 PM »

What is your opinion of the Front Page of the Wiki? Is it well-organized or is it sloppy? Are there things we could do to improve it, or things on there that don't need to be on there?
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2019, 09:20:31 PM »

What is your opinion of the Front Page of the Wiki? Is it well-organized or is it sloppy? Are there things we could do to improve it, or things on there that don't need to be on there?
I think the front page is organised in a satisfactory way, and I think that meddling with regards to it would be detrimental and of little use or purpose.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2019, 09:20:52 PM »

Do you plan to make any improvements to the Main Atlas Wiki: https://uselectionatlas.org/WIKI/index.php/Main_Page ?
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2019, 09:21:50 PM »

The Main Atlas wiki falls well outside my jurisdiction, in my opinion.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2019, 09:22:26 PM »

Why do you hate Wulfric so much? Do you believe you will be able to completely separate your personal feelings about him from your work where Wulfric comes up as a topic or influence? Furthermore, do you have any idea in advance of the actual individuals that you would like to nominate as Deputies? Additionally, what lessons do you take from previous National Archivists and who and what approaches do you see as positive and negative examples?
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2019, 09:29:17 PM »

My personal opinions of persons in the game have no relevance to my appointment, and I feel it inappropriate to answer such questions.

Do you believe you will be able to completely separate your personal feelings about him from your work where Wulfric comes up as a topic or influence?
Yes. I am more than able to separate my personal opinions and views on people from my work as National Archivist. I would assure the Senate that I am indeed very adept at separating personal opinion from my work.

Furthermore, do you have any idea in advance of the actual individuals that you would like to nominate as Deputies?
I would refer the honourable gentleman to my previous response to the question raised by the Senior Senator from Lincoln:

Additionally, what lessons do you take from previous National Archivists and who and what approaches do you see as positive and negative examples?
I must say that I don't feel that past National Archivists have shown enough commitment to the role, and that regardless, the role of National Archivist leaves little space for occurrences, though I do hope to change this.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2019, 09:40:02 PM »
« Edited: March 03, 2019, 09:43:46 PM by AustralianSwingVoter »

A further statement to the Senate

By the way, I'm holding this hearing hostage until I feel I've had enough questioning. Can I hold this hearing hostage despite not being a Senator? Who cares. Have I eaten too much sugar today? Who cares. So I'd encourage absolutely everyone to ask me more questions, indeed I insist.
And if this hearing ends prematurely, it's coup time! Is the National Archivist launching a coup because he doesn't feel he's been asked enough questions overkill? Maybe. But who cares.
So I do hope both Senators and Citizens have a good many more questions for me.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2019, 10:33:49 PM »

I'd just like the record to show that Wulfric is one of only six people I've ever placed on ignore on this site.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2019, 11:24:27 PM »

Why do you love being questioned so much? Are you some kind of masochist?
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2019, 11:28:08 PM »

Why do you love being questioned so much?
Questioning is a vital part of the democratic process, and a nominee for any office should be interrogated to the fullest extent before their nomination is voted on.
Plus, I really like answering questions.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2019, 11:30:54 PM »

What is 2+2?
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2019, 11:31:53 PM »

Do you have any plans to make the various wiki pages more consistent regarding formatting and organization?
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2019, 11:32:42 PM »

Do you have any plans to make the various wiki pages more consistent regarding formatting and organization?
Yes. Consistency and standardisation is of the utmost importance.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2019, 11:38:45 PM »

Come on. This is the best question we have left? Come on people, lift your game.
Anyway, 2+2=4, in case anyone is struggling with pre-school maths. And times it by three and that's tmth's winning margin.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2019, 11:41:46 PM »

How do you do derivatives in calculus?
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2019, 11:43:39 PM »

I'm not your maths teacher or your maths tutor. Learn to do it yourself. Don't be lazy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies