Senate Confirmation Hearing: ASV for National Archivist (Withdrawn) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:21:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Confirmation Hearing: ASV for National Archivist (Withdrawn) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Confirmation Hearing: ASV for National Archivist (Withdrawn)  (Read 1499 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« on: March 03, 2019, 12:56:36 PM »

I guess the most troubling aspect of the Lincoln debacle for me was the suggestion that the National Archivist is some sort of Wiki Tsar authorized to impose their single-minded vision for the Wiki from on high. As the president who wrote the executive order creating the position, that was never how I intended the role to function. Though I realize the question has already been brought up, and that I am only an old fogey with no real political relevance, I wonder if you could expand on what you view to be the extent of your authority as National Archivist and how you would respond in the event of an edit war. Specifically, do you think your judgement re: style and terminology takes precedent over civilian editors, and how will you seek to resolve conflicts relating to the content and format of the Wiki? Do you believe the National Archivist has the authority to issue "rulings" on how certain topics will be handled on the Wiki, as you seem to imply in the screenshot above?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies