Senate Confirmation Hearing: ASV for National Archivist (Withdrawn) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:08:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Confirmation Hearing: ASV for National Archivist (Withdrawn) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Confirmation Hearing: ASV for National Archivist (Withdrawn)  (Read 1493 times)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« on: March 01, 2019, 08:30:39 PM »

Well, you have sometimes had discussions with other citizens, particularly on the Discord, as the above post by Wulfric shows. Will those affect in any capacity your ability to perform the duties of National Archivist?

Also, how will you confront the lack of a Wulfric endorsement?
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 05:03:20 PM »

Following from the previous question; if we take that the National Archivist should be the final arbiter in terms of Wiki standardization and formatting, will you do negotiations and listen to people's opinions regarding formatting?

There's a good argument to be made that the National Archivist should be responsible for ending disputes, but we must also make sure that the Wiki is easy to read and use and that the people's concerns are listened to. Can we trust you to do so?

And regarding that, how do you plan on conducting any Wiki formatting negotiations? What will be your style on mediating in Wiki edit wars?
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 07:29:21 PM »

I do hope that there shall be more questions directed towards myself, as this hearing shouldn't be conducted half-heartedly, methinks. And I would elucidate that I do indeed hope for additional questions not only from members of the Senate, but from any and all citizens, as indeed the more questions asked, the better.

While I agree with this, the more questions the better; it's worth noting that this hearing seems to be performing quite well in that aspect.

Compare it to say, AZ's hearing for Attorney General, or with wxtransit's hearing for Secretary of State; both of which generated less questions.

Either way, ask and you shall receive.

It would probably be a good idea to archive budgets so that future Congresses have an easier time passing them as they can base their budgets off the previous one. Currently there doesn't seem to be much information on the subject in the wiki.

Do you have any plans for archiving the budget and the budget process? What will be your approach to the budget regarding the Wiki?
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 07:28:37 PM »

I also support the final vote. If ASV's objection is heard, I motion for cloture.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies