MO-GOV 2020 megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:45:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MO-GOV 2020 megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MO-GOV 2020 megathread  (Read 4881 times)
TML
Junior Chimp

« on: April 01, 2019, 10:47:40 AM »

State Rep. Crystal Quade should run. The only Democrat to survive in MO-7, a very Republican district in which I live. Nicole Galloway should run. Fat chance Greitens runs again. His political career is over.

La'Ondrill "Chuck" Brown is the only candidate running for the Democratic nomination. Though he's very inexperienced, I've been watching his campaign and he seems to be Progressive. Claire McCaskill embracing Centrism and alienating Progressive voters in 2018 is why she lost. I voted for Jo Crain. We need a Progressive candidate in 2020 or Parson is going to walk away with this one.

Progressives are destroying the Dems in general. You need to be in the CENTER in order to win statewide elections.

What did Harry Truman say on May 17, 1952?

How did progressive ballot measures fare in Missouri in 2018?
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 10:56:29 AM »

State Rep. Crystal Quade should run. The only Democrat to survive in MO-7, a very Republican district in which I live. Nicole Galloway should run. Fat chance Greitens runs again. His political career is over.

La'Ondrill "Chuck" Brown is the only candidate running for the Democratic nomination. Though he's very inexperienced, I've been watching his campaign and he seems to be Progressive. Claire McCaskill embracing Centrism and alienating Progressive voters in 2018 is why she lost. I voted for Jo Crain. We need a Progressive candidate in 2020 or Parson is going to walk away with this one.

Progressives are destroying the Dems in general. You need to be in the CENTER in order to win statewide elections.

What did Harry Truman say on May 17, 1952?

How did progressive ballot measures fare in Missouri in 2018?

Progressive ballot measures are widely popular, but rural whites in Missouri don't vote based on economic issues, they vote based on cultural issues and racial resentment.

A Sanders-style Democrat wouldn't do any better than a moderate Democrat in Missouri, because basically all Democrats are the same in the minds of the hicks in rural MO.

Compare Jason Kander's 2016 result to Claire McCaskill's 2018 result. Which candidate (1) won a higher vote share overall and (2) came closer to victory?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies