Be honest, what was your final prediction for every election you can remember (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:33:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Be honest, what was your final prediction for every election you can remember (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Be honest, what was your final prediction for every election you can remember  (Read 1178 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« on: March 04, 2019, 10:54:55 AM »

2012 and 2016 were the only ones where I was (anywhere near) politically savvy enough to even form a good guess:

Hillary Clinton (D-NY): 308
Donald Trump (R-NY): 230

While I had come around to thinking Clinton was a particularly flawed candidate, I overestimated the voters' disdain for Trump.

Mitt Romney (R-MA): 286
Barack Obama (D-IL): 252

I really thought Romney was going to win, and I bought into the idea that the electorate would revert back to 2004 "norms" somewhat.  You know, "center right nation" talking points.  I thought Romney would do better in New England than he did, I still thought VA was winnable with a good enough candidate for NOVA and I thought Ryan would put us over the top in Wisconsin.  What can I say?  I liked Romney.  We'd all be in a much better place if I were right.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies