Be honest, what was your final prediction for every election you can remember (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:05:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Be honest, what was your final prediction for every election you can remember (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Be honest, what was your final prediction for every election you can remember  (Read 1182 times)
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
« on: March 18, 2019, 01:18:25 PM »
« edited: March 18, 2019, 01:25:08 PM by Anarcho-Statism »

2004: Bush wins because my parents think he will. Dad's place of work gave me the distinct impression that this was wartime and that guy who looked like Frankenstein was way too soft on the enemy. Lived in a Bush state.

2008: Obama wins because everyone seems to be excited for "our first black president" months before the election. Lived in an Obama state.

2012: Obama wins a close one. Obama wins the Rust Belt because the working class seems to support him, while Romney wins back the south, parts of the west, and maybe that one New England state that the news people say is libertarian (what was it called?). Lived in an Obama state.

2016: Clinton wins. Add Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Florida to her map. Trump flips Virginia because that's obviously a Republican state, right? Maybe flip some of the west, too, because he's so liberal. He'll definitely win Nevada. Lived in a Trump state.

I only get educated on electoral history after that.
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 03:00:24 PM »

and I was one of the ones who didn't fall for the "Trump is ahead in NV" thing.

Easy there, I didn't fall for anything. As a former Nevadan, my gut feeling was that he was a better fit for the state. I still think he is- for the '00s version I remember, before the last surge of illegals and the Democrats' guarantee of their votes. Tongue
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 03:31:52 PM »

and I was one of the ones who didn't fall for the "Trump is ahead in NV" thing.

Easy there, I didn't fall for anything. As a former Nevadan, my gut feeling was that he was a better fit for the state. I still think he is- for the '00s version I remember, before the last surge of illegals and the Democrats' guarantee of their votes. Tongue

Conservatives are brain dead: Exhibit A.

I have some news for you guys: Not every brown, Spanish speaking person you see is "illegal".

I'm not a conservative and I'm hispanic.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies