Jim Jordan uses "$" to spell Tom Steyer's name in tweet
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:30:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Jim Jordan uses "$" to spell Tom Steyer's name in tweet
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Jim Jordan uses "$" to spell Tom Steyer's name in tweet  (Read 887 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2019, 12:38:01 PM »

Jordan should be in jail or at least out of office in disgrace.

However using the dollar sign merely indicates that the person in question cares only about money. I have mostly seen it used in the name Microsoft to ridicule various unpopular decisions they have made or their monopoly accusations back in the day.

Yeah, fans on message boards regularly type "O$U" when referring to Ohio State ... I really don't think they're insinuating it's a college run by Jews, lol.  A $ sign doesn't make something antisemitic.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2019, 01:23:31 PM »

Seems like a trope to me.

The backtracking, obfuscating, and benefit of the doubt giving is amazing.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2019, 02:24:13 PM »
« Edited: March 07, 2019, 02:31:30 PM by Joe Republic »

Weird how this isn’t a 10 page thread already, isn’t it?

Or about this:

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2019, 02:33:07 PM »

Weird how this isn’t a 10 page thread already, isn’t it?

Or about this:

I mean, obviously Kevin McCarthy's full of [Inks], but what's your point?  I mean, this kinda reads like standard issue whataboutery.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2019, 02:40:21 PM »

I mean, obviously Kevin McCarthy's full of [Inks], but what's your point?  I mean, this kinda reads like standard issue whataboutery.

Sure, I guess it is.  My point is that Jordan and McCarthy are getting a minuscule fraction of the attention that a Muslim congresswoman has been getting, for doing essentially the exact same thing she did.  (Which, FTR, I don’t believe is deliberate antisemitism coming from any of them.)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2019, 02:59:33 PM »

I mean, obviously Kevin McCarthy's full of [Inks], but what's your point?  I mean, this kinda reads like standard issue whataboutery.

Sure, I guess it is.  My point is that Jordan and McCarthy are getting a minuscule fraction of the attention that a Muslim congresswoman has been getting, for doing essentially the exact same thing she did.  (Which, FTR, I don’t believe is deliberate antisemitism coming from any of them.)

Yes, but we should be condemning both, not giving Omar or McCarthy a pass.  I don't think Jordan was Jew-baiting tbh.  And the other thing with Omar is that she has gone out of her way to make Jew-baiting her brand.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2019, 03:06:14 PM »
« Edited: March 07, 2019, 03:36:27 PM by GP270watch »

It's not whataboutery, it's actually more dangerous what the conservatives are doing because their base and audience kill Jews. It's like that week where the crazy gunman went into the Pittsburgh synagogue and killed those people, he was a rightwing killer. But the media spent the weeks after talking about Louis Farrakhan. Hateful rhetoric should be called out but not used to deflect from worse rhetoric and rhetoric that inspires heinous action. The killer was parroting stuff right out of Donald Trump's mouth about invading hoards and elites and globalist.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2019, 03:30:27 PM »

It's not whataboutery, it's actually more dangerous what the conservatives are doing because their base and audience kill Jews. It's like that week where the crazy gunman went into the Pittsburgh synagogue and killed those people, he was a rightwing killer. But the media spent the week talking about Louis Farrakhan. Hateful rhetoric should be called out but not used to deflect from worse rhetoric and rhetoric that inspires heinous action. The killer was parroting stuff right out of Donald Trump's mouth about invading hoards and elites and globalist.

Pretty sure almost no one was talking about Farrakhan that week.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies