New ASOIAF game
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:44:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  New ASOIAF game
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which one?
A Feast for Crows

King of the Blackwater

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 12

Author Topic: New ASOIAF game  (Read 647 times)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 04, 2019, 11:55:56 PM »
« edited: March 05, 2019, 11:42:54 PM by GoTfan »

With support from the great Lumine, I will be attempting to host a new ASOIAF game. The two scenarios are wildly different, so I'll explain them as best I can. Voting closes this time next week

A Feast for Crows: Essentially picking up on the book. Stannis Baratheon has crushed the Wildlings at Castle Black and plans to revive his war by liberating the North from House Bolton. Lord Tywin Lannister is dead and Tommen sits on the Iron Throne under his mother, Queen Regent Cersei Baratheon. Sansa currently resides under Lord Petyr Baelish in the Vale. Brynden Tully has captured Riverrun from the Freys and Jaime has been sent to resolve the situation. A kingsmoot is about to occur on the Iron Islands. Daenerys meanwhile is engaged in defeating the slavers in Essos.

The fate of Westeros hangs in the balance. And there is still the darker, colder threat to the north . . .

King of the Blackwater: A sudden offensive towards Lannisport by Robb Stark prevented Tywin Lannister and his new Tyrell allies from arriving at the Battle of the Blackwater. Stannis now controls King's Landing, and though Cersei poisoned herself and her son Tommen, he has a host of valuable hostages; namely Sansa Stark, Tyrion Lannister and Joffrey Baratheon, his supposed nephew. While Tywin moves west to prevent his home from falling to the Young Wolf, Stannis consolidates his tenuous hold in King's Landing and Balon Greyjoy tries to forestall the northern counterattack led by Ramsay Snow. All the while, Daenerys sails for Astapor to try and win an army of Unsullied to her side.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 04:39:25 AM »
« Edited: March 05, 2019, 05:22:10 AM by Garlan Gunter »

Bloody hell. I'd definitely want to play in either! But I'm really too undecided to cast a vote at the moment.

Will narrowly vote for the second, partly in the hope that Snow hasn't yet retaken Winterfell?? Would love to try and hold the Kingdom of the North and the Isles!! But as I say would play in either with glee.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 09:26:45 PM »

I'll participate in either one. I can't decide which one I prefer though...

Wouldn't mind playing Tywin in the second one, though it seems to follow the show rather than the book, as Tommen would be at Stokeworth iirc. Also it's more likely the battle for Stone Mill never happened since Robb was in the West the entire campaign of book 2.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2019, 10:19:23 PM »

I'll participate in either one. I can't decide which one I prefer though...

Wouldn't mind playing Tywin in the second one, though it seems to follow the show rather than the book, as Tommen would be at Stokeworth iirc. Also it's more likely the battle for Stone Mill never happened since Robb was in the West the entire campaign of book 2.

I'm not going to lie and say I'm not using the show for some aspects of it. Since this is my first attempt, I want to try and make this as simple as possible so even a dullard like me can manage it.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 05:38:59 AM »

Use whatever you like from either I would yeah, what the mod says goes
King Saul
Rookie
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2019, 08:30:14 PM »

I do not know where to vote, the two options are interesting scenarios and I would be happy to participate in any of them, I read the old ASOIAF NGs that were made and I must say that this encourages me even more to participate.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2019, 12:14:49 AM »

will gladly participate in either
King Saul
Rookie
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2019, 05:48:35 PM »

When are you planning to start the game GoTfan ?.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2019, 07:07:42 PM »

When are you planning to start the game GoTfan ?.

Soon. Just hammering a few things out then we should be good to start handing out roles.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies