Opinion of Tulsi Gabbard
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:27:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Tulsi Gabbard
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Opinion of Tulsi Gabbard
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 69

Author Topic: Opinion of Tulsi Gabbard  (Read 1466 times)
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 06, 2019, 12:24:59 PM »
« edited: December 13, 2021, 02:12:55 PM by Canis »

Deketed
Kyle Rittenhouse is a Political Prisoner
Jalawest2

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 03:59:57 PM »

Horrified that anyone could support her.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 04:06:30 PM »

Lean HP.
Arturo Belano

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.43

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 04:13:53 PM »

It puzzles me that certain sectors of the Left like her for her foreign policy ideas despite them being firmly rooted in paleoconservatism (firmly pro-Israel, pro-drone, not opposed to torture, bizarrely anti-Islam) as opposed to principled left-wing anti-interventionism. The fact that plenty of right-wing reactionaries are in love with her isn't without foundation. She's also like Kamala Harris in the sense that she currently has a lot of progressive stances but her recent past is filled with a bunch of problematic crap (homophobia, Hare Krishna, BJP connections).

HP. Trash candidate.
Jalawest2

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 04:20:54 PM »

Peace with Hitler was wrong. Peace with Assad is wrong.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 04:21:35 PM »

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2019, 04:23:00 PM »

It puzzles me that certain sectors of the Left like her for her foreign policy ideas despite them being firmly rooted in paleoconservatism (firmly pro-Israel, pro-drone, not opposed to torture, bizarrely anti-Islam) as opposed to principled left-wing anti-interventionism. The fact that plenty of right-wing reactionaries are in love with her isn't without foundation. She's also like Kamala Harris in the sense that she currently has a lot of progressive stances but her recent past is filled with a bunch of problematic crap (homophobia, Hare Krishna, BJP connections).

HP. Trash candidate.

Basically every politicians is firmly pro-Israel, but she has been far more willing than most to criticize them for their treatment of Palestinians.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2019, 04:36:43 PM »

I'm not a fan.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2019, 04:54:26 PM »

Sabse achchha! Jai Tulsi!
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2019, 05:12:06 PM »

HP. Trash candidate.

Personally I have never gotten the pro-Islamic orientalism the Democrats developed after the terror attack in 2001. But whatever I feel about it on a personal level, I don't really think there's any or have been any significant audience for it among their electorate. As such I don't think it will really be a problem for Gabbard in the general election. Also I doubt many American will care that Gabbard is pro-BJP.
DaWN
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2019, 05:15:56 PM »

HP. Will hopefully be enjoyable watching her presidential run crash and burn.
Jalawest2

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2019, 05:46:48 PM »

what do you want us to then invade syria? oh I know you want us to continue fudning terriorists and Isis cause they are so much better than Assad.
Yes. The United States should intervene in Syria. This is not a hard moral decision if you have a conscience.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2019, 06:05:37 PM »

what do you want us to then invade syria? oh I know you want us to continue fudning terriorists and Isis cause they are so much better than Assad.
Yes. The United States should intervene in Syria. This is not a hard moral decision if you have a conscience.
Your a moron if you think that invading syira would do anything positive do you have any knowledge of Libya Iraq Guatamala and dozens of other regime change wars? They all result in things becoming vastly worse than when they started

This time is going to be totally different!
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2019, 06:07:37 PM »

Your a moron if you think that invading syira would do anything positive do you have any knowledge of Libya Iraq Guatamala and dozens of other regime change wars? They all result in things becoming vastly worse than when they started

Yes, the one time we magically don't screw everything up is the next time!
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2019, 06:21:26 PM »

So do plan for USA to run the death camps and slave markets for Alawite, Christians and other minorities, or do plan for creating private versions of these instead?
Jalawest2

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2019, 06:46:52 PM »

It's easy to be a coward and seek refuge in inaction. It is hard to save innocents. That does not make you a saint, and me a sinner.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2019, 06:48:15 PM »

It's easy to be a coward and seek refuge in inaction. It is hard to save innocents. That does not make you a saint, and me a sinner.

We must murder the Yemeni children to save them.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2019, 07:17:43 PM »

I like her for the Dem nominee..but like Amy or John Delaney more.  Which means none of them will be the nominee of course.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2019, 07:24:42 PM »

I like her for the Dem nominee..but like Amy or John Delaney more.  Which means none of them will be the nominee of course.

Lol yeah. I really like her, and she's in a lower tier just like all my favored candidates.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2019, 07:43:13 PM »

Truly one of the greatest.
Jalawest2

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2019, 08:12:28 PM »

The fact that you think I support Saudi Arabia in Yemen is evidence of your tiny brain energy.
Jalawest2

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2019, 08:36:11 PM »

The fact that you think I support Saudi Arabia in Yemen is evidence of your tiny brain energy.
Your the one with tiny brain energy haha supporting intervention in Syria doesn't make you superior your elitistisn is showing friend
Absolutely genius, #Kamalaisacop.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2019, 08:55:20 PM »

FF. I have yet to hear a legitimate argument against her. "She's a pro-Assad homophobe who loves Trump and the alt-right!!!!" is not a legitimate argument...or factually correct.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2019, 09:03:30 PM »

FF. I have yet to hear a legitimate argument against her. "She's a pro-Assad homophobe who loves Trump and the alt-right!!!!" is not a legitimate argument...or factually correct.

Every political rater (such as DW Nominate or ProgressivePunch, etc.) rates her as moderate, not even in the top 100 most progressive members of the House. That is a much more common argument against her than the one you claimed, and it's a legitimate criticism.

Having said that, I won't hesitate to vote for her if she's the nominee. I wish we lived in a world where everyone who liked any of the 15 (and counting) Democratic candidates would say that about all of them.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2019, 12:29:41 AM »

Every political rater (such as DW Nominate or ProgressivePunch, etc.) rates her as moderate, not even in the top 100 most progressive members of the House. That is a much more common argument against her than the one you claimed, and it's a legitimate criticism.

Having said that, I won't hesitate to vote for her if she's the nominee. I wish we lived in a world where everyone who liked any of the 15 (and counting) Democratic candidates would say that about all of them.
Progressive Punch has god awful ratings though they rank Cory Booker Kamala Harris and Kristen Gillibrand as more progressive than Sanders and Warren

Neither Booker nor Gillibrand is rated as more progressive than Warren on PP. Warren is tied with Harris in the 2019-20 ratings and essentially tied on lifetime votes.

You can dig into why Bernie isn't ranked #1 (though he is rated as very progressive) here:
http://progressivepunch.org/members.htm;?member=400357 It's not a well set up page, and I haven't read every link on it, but it appears to be mostly gun control dragging him down from 100% into the high 90s.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies