Political future of FL Governor Ronald DeSantis (R)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:11:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Political future of FL Governor Ronald DeSantis (R)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Political future of FL Governor Ronald DeSantis (R)  (Read 3199 times)
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2019, 11:31:37 PM »

I hope this racist doesn't have any political future. And I don't care how good his policies are.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2019, 10:30:01 AM »

I hope this racist doesn't have any political future. And I don't care how good his policies are.
Have you any actual evidence that DeSantis is a racist besides the fact that he beat your boy at the polls?
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2019, 12:42:23 AM »

Have you any actual evidence that DeSantis is a racist besides the fact that he beat your boy at the polls?

I think he's proven himself quite the opposite of a bigot, but you know, R after name = bad.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2019, 12:58:13 AM »

Florida is a very backwards state to elect this racist man.

That's completely within the bounds of reality for Florida.

I trust you when it comes to Florida since the 2018 elections. Unfortunately he probably will be President one day. It makes me sick. The question though is when does he run? 2024 or 2028? He will almost definitely be re-elected in 2022 after all.
Actually, I think he could potentially be endangered in 2022 (especially if Morgan runs, which is why he has been so progressive on the marijuana issue) simply due to voter fatigue. Florida is trending red, but we're not Utah. I highly doubt the GOP dominance will last through 2026, if DeSantis is reelected (which seems likely).

You will probably disagree, but I don't see Trump losing reelection. Certainly not impeached at least. But 2020 will probably still be as much as an uphill climb for Trump as 2016 was, despite my confidence in his reelection. 2020 will decide if DeSantis runs in 2024 or 2028. We're all going to be absolutely exhausted by eight years of Trump, and I'm certain a Democrat will win in 2024. If I were advising DeSantis, (and God willing if my dreams come true, I'll be working as a speechwriter for him one day - a complete delusion, I know Tongue), I'd tell him that 2028 will put him roughly in the same position as Mitt Romney in 2012.

Accept of course DeSantis would win, because he's not an evil corporate bad guy like Romney, but that depends on the Democrat's drift to the left continues at the pace it currently is.

If Trump wins reelection, the 2024 nominee will almost certainly be Mike Pence, the last two VPs didn't run, because Cheney had health issues and Biden was basically forced by Obama to stay out of the race, ignoring those two races (2008 and 2016), the last time an incumbent President or VP was not nominated was 1948 (when Alben Barkley ran, but was rejected, because he was too old), the last election excluding 2008 and 2016, when an incumbent President or Vice President was notva candidate was 1928, when Sec of Comnerce Hoover defeated Gov Smith, the historical precedent here is that Pence will be the nominee, plus Trump really does not trust much of his cabinet, except Pompeo, but would Trump try to keep Pence out of the race. I think Trump would endorse Pence and Pence would lose the General to a Democrat, probably Gavin Newsom
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2019, 01:42:40 AM »
« Edited: March 24, 2019, 01:48:43 AM by Scottholes 2.0 »

I think he's proven himself quite the opposite of a bigot, but you know, R after name = bad.

Hmmmm.....let's see: He was an administrator for a racist FB page and referred to Gillum as a "monkey", which has racial connotations to it, historically speaking. In my opinion, that isn't even veiled racism - it's pretty darn blatant! So, no, he has not "proven" himself to not be bigoted, and it isn't because he has an "R" next to his name.
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2019, 01:49:36 AM »

The monkey comments will harm him nationwide and also probably his lackluster debating skills.

He sounds more like a Dan Quayle.

Flyersfan232

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2019, 07:26:37 AM »

And saying something out of contexts
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2019, 11:47:41 PM »

And saying something out of contexts

How was calling DeSantis what HE IS out of context? I wouldn't want someone who used racial undertones to have a political career. Contrary to what Republicans think, there is nothing wrong with calling people out for what they are.
Natalie
HowsThisForAUsername
United States

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2019, 03:06:36 PM »

I think DeSantis will run for POTUS should be win in 2022.
Florida is a very backwards state to elect this racist man.

That's completely within the bounds of reality for Florida.

I trust you when it comes to Florida since the 2018 elections. Unfortunately he probably will be President one day. It makes me sick. The question though is when does he run? 2024 or 2028? He will almost definitely be re-elected in 2022 after all.
Actually, I think he could potentially be endangered in 2022 (especially if Morgan runs, which is why he has been so progressive on the marijuana issue) simply due to voter fatigue. Florida is trending red, but we're not Utah. I highly doubt the GOP dominance will last through 2026, if DeSantis is reelected (which seems likely).

You will probably disagree, but I don't see Trump losing reelection. Certainly not impeached at least. But 2020 will probably still be as much as an uphill climb for Trump as 2016 was, despite my confidence in his reelection. 2020 will decide if DeSantis runs in 2024 or 2028. We're all going to be absolutely exhausted by eight years of Trump, and I'm certain a Democrat will win in 2024. If I were advising DeSantis, (and God willing if my dreams come true, I'll be working as a speechwriter for him one day - a complete delusion, I know Tongue), I'd tell him that 2028 will put him roughly in the same position as Mitt Romney in 2012.

Accept of course DeSantis would win, because he's not an evil corporate bad guy like Romney, but that depends on the Democrat's drift to the left continues at the pace it currently is.
I would absolutely love it if Morgan runs in 2022, but didn't he leave the Democratic Party in 2017?
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2019, 05:46:32 PM »

President DeSantis would be awesome, really looking forward to 2024.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2019, 07:07:29 PM »

It would be really interesting between DeSantis and Scott. Both appear, though DeSantis more so, as the natural heir to Trump's  neckbeard style poltics.
LoneStarDem
United States
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2019, 10:45:27 AM »

Wouldn't surprise me to see Trump grooming DeSantis as his successor in 2024.

Although Scott is very AMBITIOUS.
LoneStarDem
United States
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2019, 08:39:55 AM »

Scott will be in his seventies and is ugly as sin with no charisma. His money would be a drop in the bucket in a national campaign.  He’d go nowhere in a national electorate.

In other words: DeSantis has a much better chance of being POTUS in 2024.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2019, 09:05:58 PM »

Can someone give me proof that DeSantis is racist? Please? Anyone?
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2019, 12:05:38 AM »

Can someone give me proof that DeSantis is racist? Please? Anyone?

There isn't any unless you take an absurdly uncharitable interpretation of one quote which borders on conspiratorial thinking.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2019, 11:47:03 AM »

Presidential candidate who loses to an AOC type Democrat.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2019, 05:54:43 AM »

He likelihood of running for reelection and running against Dem, along with Cruz and Paul in 2024
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2019, 03:47:40 PM »

If there’s a Florida 3-way in the 2024 primary DeSantis, Rubio, and Scott could all come out weak if any of them survive.

Even in Florida itself, the three appeal to entirely different constituencies: Rubio is strongest with his fellow Cuban Americans, Scott appeals to wealthy “country club” whites and retirees, and DeSantis would do best with culturally southern voters in the Panhandle. Unfortunately for Rubio, his core demographic doesn’t really exist outside of Florida. Scott will probably be strong in the Midwest and DeSantis in the south.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2019, 10:11:44 PM »

He needs to lose some weight.
LoneStarDem
United States
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2019, 09:27:49 AM »

I noticed that during his first SOTS last month.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2019, 01:20:15 PM »

Depends on how the rest of his tenure as governor goes +he's heavily favored for a second term imo) but in terms of running for president I don't see how he leapfrogs Mike Pence or Nikki Haley in a republican primary
LoneStarDem
United States
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2019, 04:38:07 PM »

Depends on how the rest of his tenure as governor goes +he's heavily favored for a second term imo) but in terms of running for president I don't see how he leapfrogs Mike Pence or Nikki Haley in a republican primary

You think he gets VP spot in 2024 & wait until 2032 ? He's young & very ambitious & likely doesn't want to "wait his turn".

I see the next POTUS being a Governor.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2019, 08:43:14 PM »

This.

I don't even see GOPers wanting DeSantis, he is too gaffe-prone.

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2019, 01:29:05 AM »

This.

I don't even see GOPers wanting DeSantis, he is too gaffe-prone.

What gaffe has he made? Name one besides the monkey comment, which wasn’t a gaffe to begin with.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies