Political future of FL Governor Ronald DeSantis (R) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:34:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Political future of FL Governor Ronald DeSantis (R) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Political future of FL Governor Ronald DeSantis (R)  (Read 3236 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: March 15, 2019, 02:10:19 PM »

President. Mark my words.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 09:18:04 PM »

Florida is a very backwards state to elect this racist man.

That's completely within the bounds of reality for Florida.

I trust you when it comes to Florida since the 2018 elections. Unfortunately he probably will be President one day. It makes me sick. The question though is when does he run? 2024 or 2028? He will almost definitely be re-elected in 2022 after all.
Actually, I think he could potentially be endangered in 2022 (especially if Morgan runs, which is why he has been so progressive on the marijuana issue) simply due to voter fatigue. Florida is trending red, but we're not Utah. I highly doubt the GOP dominance will last through 2026, if DeSantis is reelected (which seems likely).

You will probably disagree, but I don't see Trump losing reelection. Certainly not impeached at least. But 2020 will probably still be as much as an uphill climb for Trump as 2016 was, despite my confidence in his reelection. 2020 will decide if DeSantis runs in 2024 or 2028. We're all going to be absolutely exhausted by eight years of Trump, and I'm certain a Democrat will win in 2024. If I were advising DeSantis, (and God willing if my dreams come true, I'll be working as a speechwriter for him one day - a complete delusion, I know Tongue), I'd tell him that 2028 will put him roughly in the same position as Mitt Romney in 2012.

Accept of course DeSantis would win, because he's not an evil corporate bad guy like Romney, but that depends on the Democrat's drift to the left continues at the pace it currently is.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2019, 10:30:01 AM »

I hope this racist doesn't have any political future. And I don't care how good his policies are.
Have you any actual evidence that DeSantis is a racist besides the fact that he beat your boy at the polls?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 01:29:05 AM »

Depends on how the rest of his tenure as governor goes +he's heavily favored for a second term imo) but in terms of running for president I don't see how he leapfrogs Mike Pence or Nikki Haley in a republican primary

This.

I don't even see GOPers wanting DeSantis, he is too gaffe-prone.

What gaffe has he made? Name one besides the monkey comment, which wasn’t a gaffe to begin with.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies