Do you agree with O'Reilly that we should let Al Qaeda attack San Francisco?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:52:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Do you agree with O'Reilly that we should let Al Qaeda attack San Francisco?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Poll
Question: Well?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 46

Author Topic: Do you agree with O'Reilly that we should let Al Qaeda attack San Francisco?  (Read 4526 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 12, 2005, 12:33:46 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 12:36:25 AM »

No, and this yet another reason I don't watch Fox.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 12:38:50 AM »

O'Reilly seems to be coming a little unhinged lately.

At this point, I can't tolerate any of those political shows.  They're either a bunch of people screaming at each other, or they spend the whole hour talking about the latest missing blonde.  There is simply too much dead air time to fill.  I'd rather watch reruns of Law and Order, or something like that.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2005, 01:17:57 AM »

Making it out as if nobody cares about San Francisco would probably make San Francisco the least likely place in America to be attacked.  It seems to me that al-Qaeda would want to blow up something that actually has some sort of impact.

So, O'Reilly should propose that the location of the American capital be moved to San Francisco. Tongue
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2005, 01:20:14 AM »

At this point, I can't tolerate any of those political shows.  They're either a bunch of people screaming at each other, or they spend the whole hour talking about the latest missing blonde.  There is simply too much dead air time to fill.  I'd rather watch reruns of Law and Order, or something like that.
^^^^^ Hell, even Dallas reruns.
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.40, S: 2.80

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2005, 01:24:15 AM »

O'Reilly needs to check the expiry dates on the little bottles in his pockets.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2005, 02:26:02 AM »

jfern, and everyone else, don't take him seriously.  Take it as comic relief.  If he's gonna make an arse of himself, it's better to laugh than think he's serious and get angry in his favor or against.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2005, 02:31:59 AM »

If only the rest of the country could realize this...
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2005, 02:34:10 AM »

No, but if San Francisco wants to secede, I'm more and more inclined to let them as time goes on.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2005, 03:24:21 AM »

jfern, and everyone else, don't take him seriously.  Take it as comic relief.  If he's gonna make an arse of himself, it's better to laugh than think he's serious and get angry in his favor or against.

Oh, don't worry, me and my friend sometimes would watch him, and laugh at how "fair and balanced" it was.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2005, 07:49:39 AM »

Oh, don't worry, me and my friend sometimes would watch him, and laugh at how "fair and balanced" it was.

Actually, the "fair and balanced" claim does not apply to opinion shows, like O'Reilly or Hannity and Colmes or Greta's show.  They are not news shows.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2005, 05:42:11 PM »

Actually, the "fair and balanced" claim does not apply to opinion shows, like O'Reilly or Hannity and Colmes or Greta's show.  They are not news shows.

Well regardless of whether you think it does, the term "no spin zone" is specifically for O'Reilly's show, which seems to imply some sort of reasonably non-biased views. Hoping that San Francisco gets attacked by Al Qaeda does not fall in that catagory.
Hitchabrut
republicanjew18

Political Matrix
E: 8.38, S: 7.49

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2005, 06:02:01 PM »

No, but if San Francisco wants to secede, I'm more and more inclined to let them as time goes on.

An attack there > An attack in NY or DC
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2005, 06:51:10 PM »

I remember O'Reilly saying something like that on one of his shows. He was talking about the S.F. proposition that would ban military recruiters from schools. He said that if San Francisco was going to shun the military like that, then why should we pay for their protection.
The Constitarian
Rookie

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2005, 06:58:39 PM »

No, O'Reilly is an idiot.  He also said we should force people to own guns and go to classes to learn how to use them.
Blue Rectangle

Political Matrix
E: 8.50, S: -0.62

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2005, 07:06:43 PM »

I don't get FoxNews, so the first time I saw O'Reilly was when I was on a business trip about a year and a half ago.  I watched for about five minutes.  The funny part is, I switched to Law and Order reruns (three of them in a row, good call, dazzleman!) and then watched Family Guy and Futurama on Adult Swim.  That was also the last time I watched O'Reilly.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2005, 07:10:53 PM »

Its nice that you've finally seen the light on the whole Aruba Natalie scandal Wink

I have seen snippets of O'Reilly over the past few years, obviously I don't agree with him on most things, but he's not extremely conservative on all issues. My problem with him is his rude behavior towards guests and all the charges Al Franken made against him in "Lies and the Lying Liars who Tell Them".
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2005, 08:12:29 PM »

It'd be nice to hear the whole story behind the comment instead of some little out of context clip.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2005, 08:46:09 PM »

Well regardless of whether you think it does, the term "no spin zone" is specifically for O'Reilly's show, which seems to imply some sort of reasonably non-biased views. Hoping that San Francisco gets attacked by Al Qaeda does not fall in that catagory.

I doubt he wants San Francisco to be attacked.  I think his point was probably that we should not try too hard to defend San Francisco, since the people there are so hostile to the concept of national defense.  He has a point, actually.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2005, 08:49:19 PM »

I doubt he wants San Francisco to be attacked.  I think his point was probably that we should not try too hard to defend San Francisco, since the people there are so hostile to the concept of national defense.  He has a point, actually.

Does that go for everybody in San Francisco?  What about the people who do care about national defense?  Would O'Reilly mind if they all got killed in a terrorist attack too?
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2005, 08:57:45 PM »

Does that go for everybody in San Francisco?  What about the people who do care about national defense?  Would O'Reilly mind if they all got killed in a terrorist attack too?

I think it's a general statement made for rhetorical effect, not to really be taken literally.  Clearly, those who care about national defense, and those who do not, cannot be geographically isolated.  In general, people in far left places like San Francisco are hostile to national defense.  I'm not necessarily defending the intent of the statement, but just trying to explain the context in which it was probably made, and suggest that it isn't 100% off the wall.  People should not s&$t where they eat.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2005, 09:02:09 PM »

I realize that, but I expect 54,355 people would probably disagree.  (The number of Bush voters in SF County in 2004)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2005, 09:06:02 PM »

It'd be nice to hear the whole story behind the comment instead of some little out of context clip.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2005, 09:06:09 PM »

I realize that, but I expect 54,355 people would probably disagree.  (The number of Bush voters in SF County in 2004)

Yes, I'm sure you're right.  God bless those poor people, living in a virtual insane asylum.

Of course, I don't want an attack anywhere, and if there is to be one, I certainly wouldn't choose one place over another.  We should be a united people, but I fear that most people on the far left are perfectly willing to sell the rest of us down the river.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2005, 09:10:00 PM »

God bless those poor people, living in a virtual insane asylum.
Heh, my mom used to live in San Francisco during the 1970s-1980s. She attended graduate school there and then taught at a number of (grade) schools. As you can imagine, she ultimately moved out. Surprise? I think not. Tongue
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies