Do you agree with O'Reilly that we should let Al Qaeda attack San Francisco? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:27:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Do you agree with O'Reilly that we should let Al Qaeda attack San Francisco? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 46

Author Topic: Do you agree with O'Reilly that we should let Al Qaeda attack San Francisco?  (Read 4577 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« on: November 12, 2005, 08:49:19 PM »

I doubt he wants San Francisco to be attacked.  I think his point was probably that we should not try too hard to defend San Francisco, since the people there are so hostile to the concept of national defense.  He has a point, actually.

Does that go for everybody in San Francisco?  What about the people who do care about national defense?  Would O'Reilly mind if they all got killed in a terrorist attack too?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 09:02:09 PM »

I realize that, but I expect 54,355 people would probably disagree.  (The number of Bush voters in SF County in 2004)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 06:50:17 AM »

I certainly would rather SF be hit than Dallas or something. They certainly would deserve it collectively, but not every person in SF is a complete loser, just as not every person in SF is queer.

That makes you almost as bad as the terrorists themselves.  Congrats.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 12:56:15 PM »

It's nice to hear you say that, Jfern.  I have gotten the sense for a long time that the far left would not mind seeing more conservative areas of the country attacked, as long as their areas are left alone.  I think this is a deplorable attitude whether promulgated by conservatives or liberals, so it's nice to hear you say that you are against it, and not more hostile to Texas than you are to al-Qaeda.

You should tell that to AuH2O. Wink
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2005, 01:02:02 PM »

http://mediamatters.org/items/200511100008

The audio clip is linked from there.  Or, here's a more detailed transcript of his comments:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2005, 01:12:29 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This part doesn't even make sense.  The old fart is just jabbering.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2005, 11:08:55 AM »

AuH2O, you really should take a leaf out of Dazzleman's book:

Of course, I don't want an attack anywhere, and if there is to be one, I certainly wouldn't choose one place over another.  We should be a united people, but I fear that most people on the far left are perfectly willing to sell the rest of us down the river.

Of course, the last sentence is now ironically inaccurate, given your comments.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2005, 01:23:13 PM »

Have you actually read this thread, or O'Reilly's comments, or even thought about this at all?  Or are you simply joking?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies